Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

And it is written in most of the relgious book eg (quran, bible), it aint the end but a nautral disaster will happen ALL AROUND THE WORLD that will make people understand and feel privliged for the things like having a home and not for the fact that they aint got the new iphone or something. People need 2 realise what they got and not what they aint got and 2012 will make that happen, the world will suffer that day, not end because thats imposiible because it cant just end but the structure and meaning in this world will be affected and the whole world will be affected by every country feeling the affects.

and how is it this little island (uk) never gets anything wrong with it, its so powerful and so little for it, we will all suffer that day in a big way.

EDIT: didnt see that post from mike, sorry for saying it just its my opinion. dont do me for spamming, i harldy ever do it, i didnt see the messege as i was typing at the time :(, i just feel strong about my opinion and have understand and reviewed my opinion to make it strong. SORRY

Well ****** ****, those books of infinite encyclopaedic like knowledge say it, so it must be true!!

How exactly do you know a natural disaster will occur all around the world? The reason Britain never has these problems is due to Geography, not some sinister philosophical ****.

And it is written in most of the relgious book eg (quran, bible), it aint the end but a nautral disaster will happen ALL AROUND THE WORLD that will make people understand and feel privliged for the things like having a home and not for the fact that they aint got the new iphone or something. People need 2 realise what they got and not what they aint got and 2012 will make that happen, the world will suffer that day, not end because thats imposiible because it cant just end but the structure and meaning in this world will be affected and the whole world will be affected by every country feeling the affects.

I read that paragraph about 5 times and I still don't have a clue what you're on about.

2012 is a myth. Mayan's weren't that smart :p

and how is it this little island (uk) never gets anything wrong with it, its so powerful and so little for it, we will all suffer that day in a big way.

EDIT: didnt see that post from mike, sorry for saying it just its my opinion. dont do me for spamming, i harldy ever do it, i didnt see the messege as i was typing at the time :(, i just feel strong about my opinion and have understand and reviewed my opinion to make it strong. SORRY

Well if you must do religious type stuff, best to use it on the God thread. This is primarily for keeping people up to date on whats happening, and discussing it. It will do nothing more than start arguments I'm afraid. We want this thread kept civil without people getting nasty, as its been free of needless stuff, and people have been respectful of the sensitivity of the subject

Keep the religion out the thread please. There has been enough of those closed.

i dont want us to get into a debate off topic, so here it is: 10,000 people are dead, the total will inevitably rise, three reactors may yet still go into meltdown. this isnt a time for soapboxing of any kind, and anyone who makes any of the remarks i've seen on face book will get 80 points instantly

thank you

Okay sorry, never knew there was a thread for that.

I been inferacted :(, My heart goes out for everyone in Japan, cant believe this has happened :(

we've got caesium 137 and iodine 131 released again...

we've got caesium 137 and iodine 131 released again...

Is that controlled release or leaking? Lost Sky News at moment. because I'm sure I read they'd have to do a controlled release to relieve the pressure, if I'm correct

Last edited:
Is that controlled release? Lost Sky News at moment. because I'm sure I read they'd have to do a controlled release to relieve the pressure, if I'm correct

They're both extremely radioactive with long half lives though. :/ Why it's such a mess, every option is just the lesser of two evils.

it was after an explosion blew the roof off the containment building, so doesnt sound like it.

O my. That sounds grave. Wasn't sure if it was what they were talking about earlier.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

They're both extremely radioactive with long half lives though. :/ Why it's such a mess, every option is just the lesser of two evils.

Yes. Damned if you, damned if you don't :(

Yes. Damned if you, damned if you don't :(

If thats the case, maybe we should all strip down naked, whip out the baby oil and have some games of 'catch the oiled Dunc'?

I'm game if you are.

I see. So what do you propose we do, oh farseer? Burn fossil fuels? Great, except it's killing the planet and we'll run out eventually. Solar power? Expensive for the amount of energy it creates, and useless on non-sunny days.

Saying using nuclear power is a crime is ridiculous. If we control it and use it correctly, we can harness one of the most powerful things on this planet with little impinging on us or the Earth.

Yeah its not like nuclear energy produces radioactive waste which no one knows how long some of it is harmful for...Fair enough more efficient these days but still, requires long protected secure storage whilst becomes safe to dispose.

Theres loads of renewable energy in the pipeline not just solar and wind.

Jesus christ. Just got SN back on, and just seen footage of a whole village moving as one in the wave :O holy ****

If thats the case, maybe we should all strip down naked, whip out the baby oil and have some games of 'catch the oiled Dunc'?

I'm game if you are.

We're not that damned though. Yet.

Yeah its not like nuclear energy produces radioactive waste which no one knows how long some of it is harmful for...Fair enough more efficient these days but still, requires long protected secure storage whilst becomes safe to dispose.

Theres loads of renewable energy in the pipeline not just solar and wind.

Solar power not guarenteed to work, as is wind power. And theres costs to consider too. Nuclear power, as mentioned a few times, is far more feasible. And too many people whinge that wind farms ruin their landscape views

Solar power not guarenteed to work, as is wind power. And theres costs to consider too. Nuclear power, as mentioned a few times, is far more feasible. And too many people whinge that wind farms ruin their landscape views

Aye, but you also got various wave ones being built harnessing the sea, dams n what not as well! Water is the new wind. To claim fossil fuels affects the planet and then claim nuclear is feasible is ludicrous

Aye, but you also got various wave ones being built harnessing the sea, dams n what not as well! Water is the new wind. To claim fossil fuels affects the planet and then claim nuclear is feasible is ludicrous

To claim harnessing water as energy has no environmental and social impacts is ludicrous. There's a thread for this discussion now. :)