1. Both Strikers average at least 2 goals in every 3 games.
2. A goal from corners every 5 games.
3. Concede from corners every 6 games.

cheers mate, for the conceded corner Iv'e used tom defensive set up that works great and I haven't conceded a goal from a corner since, but i'm still working on an attacking corner to try and get about 15-25 goals a season, when I find a good one mate i'll update it for you

Can we change CM to AP? Why do u choose CM? U know the best, u are the king :)

Conceding A LOT of CC with this tactic, though I'm creating quite many CC aswell. I need to do more testing, will report when I have ;).

Last edited:
I love this tactic.

I'm using it with Juventus and just destroying the league. It's especially great for top teams because it can cut apart that %$@#&ing ultra-defensive flat 4-5-1 the AI tends to use when it's a heavy underdog. The AI thinks there are 5 of your guys attacking: the wingbacks, the two forwards and the attacking CM. So it doubles up defenders on the two wingbacks, double marks your primary forward, sends a guy chasing your False Nine around, and sticks another guy in the CAM's face. Now the AI thinks he's safe with his extra midfielder free to respond to problems and his forward hanging outside the box waiting to counter...

BUT!

You've actually got seven attackers, as the two B2Bs (if they're quality) will surge into the box late and catch through balls from the CAM or the F9. This leaves a lot of open net for Vidal or Marchisio (they've combined for 16 goals through 20 games for me), and even if the keeper blocks the shot you've got 5 guys in the box ready to pounce on the rebound.

Now for the caveats: if you are not playing with a high-quality team, this tactic will probably not work for you. This is a gambler's tactic. It's high risk/high reward. As I said, when you have possession deep in the enemy's half, you basically have seven players looking to attack. If your HB and CDs are not super high quality, you WILL get countered to death.

And that's fine! It's not meant as a criticism. There are already a thousand tiki-taka tactics out there that **** and dunk around midfield. This tactic goes for the throat. So be aware of what you need:

- every single one of your players needs to be in the right place at the right time, so anticipation, decisions and acceleration are critical across the board

- the HB is your only defense against counters. He needs to be very smart (high decisions and especially high anticipation and positioning) but it also helps to have low aggression so he doesn't chase himself out of position. He doesn't need to be strong or a good tackler, he just needs to be smart. In my game, Pirlo is playing this role perfectly...but obviously, players of Pirlo's quality aren't very common.

-with a HB and two CWBs, your central defenders will tend to drift wide to cover more of the field. This means they are covering a lot of territory, which means they need to be pretty quick. In my game Chiellini and Bonucci are doing fairly good, but Barzagli is barely adequate, and that's only because of his super high positioning and anticipation...his low acceleration and work rate combined with his low stamina means he often doesn't get back into the play when the AI tries to split the defense through the middle. So, you will need quick, hard-working defenders with good acceleration, work rate and anticipation. Players like David Luiz and Koscielny will work great. Big slow guys like like Hummels and Mertesacker will not work at all.

- Don't expect much from your Complete Forward, he's going to have at least one guy hanging on to his jersey at all times. In my game, Llorente is getting the occasional goal only because of his extreme aerial ability. For the most part, he's just an expensive (but very effective) decoy.

Again, I'm playing with Juventus, a top quality team with ace players in every position, so take that for what it's worth. And this tactic hasn't performed well against high speed counter-attacking teams...Benfica and their super fast wingers tore me apart in the Champions League, with Salvio, Gaitan and Rodrigo combining for four goals. But other than that, it's been fabulous so far. Thanks for an awesome tactic!

What Obilerati said basically. I'm playing with a little weaker team, and I'm basically getting destroyed at some occasions by counters. Averaging 2-3 conceded CC:s a game aswell. The tactic is only for the best of the best.

What Obilerati said basically. I'm playing with a little weaker team, and I'm basically getting destroyed at some occasions by counters. Averaging 2-3 conceded CC:s a game aswell. The tactic is only for the best of the best.

I'm using this for Newcastle and they ain't the best of the best of teams! but iv'e destroyed the bigger teams though

Guys...check it out jassar thread. He added some new settings for set pieces, even for throw ins ;)

EDIT in OP:

In Season:
General: Balanced, Average.
Match: Teamwork, 30% (two from left).
Untick 'Rest before game'.

If you had a front 4 consisting of Giroud, Rhodes, Mitrovic and Batshuayi. Who would be the F9 and the CF, would you change the F9 to poacher??

Don't change the f9 I find it pivotal that he drops in to the hole to create chances and drags the defenders out and then runs in to the vacated gap

have you's considered changing the Complete Forward to a Target man and have the LB cross to the Target man? I say this because the CF is weak out of all the players and he rarely offers anything, I have 2 CF and they 3 goals between them in 20 games that came from headers from the left side and there ratings are extremely low ( 5.9 - 6.3 )

having a few good runs until the tactic started to crumble, I have lost 5 straight games in a row now in those 5 games I have scored 2 goals and conceded 14 my players are

Krull
Debuchy, Dede, Mbiwa, Santon
Tiote
Anita, Ayew, Sissoko
Pratto, Damioa

have you's considered changing the Complete Forward to a Target man and have the LB cross to the Target man? I say this because the CF is weak out of all the players and he rarely offers anything, I have 2 CF and they 3 goals between them in 20 games that came from headers from the left side and there ratings are extremely low ( 5.9 - 6.3 )

I have found playing a fast striker rather than typical 'complete forward' more successful, not tried changing it to AF but that might work? The tactic is about breaking up play and countering at pace. If you have a target man he doesn't stretch the defenders on the break I did that crucial to openin up gaps for the other players.

EDIT: also, why not just try it yourself with a target man and see what happens?

I've only played this tactic for 3 games, but I really hate the hassle opponents shout. Just conceded 3 goals in one game where my defenders were "hassling opponents" but leaving huge gaps.

It's doing wonders with the U21 team though so I'm going to persevere with it.

I've only played this tactic for 3 games, but I really hate the hassle opponents shout. Just conceded 3 goals in one game where my defenders were "hassling opponents" but leaving huge gaps.

It's doing wonders with the U21 team though so I'm going to persevere with it.

Its a high risk tactic, so Hassling opponent can leave a gap but it can also win you a ball and start a deadly counter-attack. So its up to you, you can untick it anytime....

Thank you very much for this tactic, probably the best that I've tested for a long time. This is my start of pre-season and as you can see the start has been very good, better than I expected.

View attachment 404894

This is the best tactic for 14.3, you score lots of goals and they come from everywhere! The only problem is that when attacking you often get countered and there are only your 2 cb's back. In the last 20 minutes when I am winning I've changed the two bbm midfielders to dlp (d). This seems to help in the latter stages as the opposition press forward