Reaction score

When ? 15/09/2010
Where? The Emirates Stadium, London
Kickoff? 19.45
Channel? ITV1 (channel 3)
Competition? UEFA Champions League
Prediction? 2-0 Arsenal

Arsenal Team News

Midfielder Abou Diaby and defender Thomas Vermaelen will both miss Arsenal’s Champions League game with Braga at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
Diaby picked up an ankle injury following a tackle by Bolton’s Paul Robinson during the Gunners’ 4-1 win on Saturday, while Vermaelen has an Achilles problem.
Arsenal are already without Theo Walcott, Nicklas Bendtner and Robin van Persie.
Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy are back after being rested for the Bolton game while midfielder Sami Nasri has recovered from a knee injury.

Braga Team News

Braga will be without defender Elderson and midfielder Leandro Salino due to suspension.
However, the club’s Brazilian striker Mattheus says the club haven’t come to London to see the sights: “We are not here as tourists, we want to win in Europe,” he said.

Wenger's Thoughts

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has warned his players to guard against complacency with the Gunners expected to ease through a group that also contains Shakhtar Donetsk and Partizan Belgrade.
For us, a win on Wednesday night is vital, because I believe the group is much more difficult than people expect it to be," said Wenger.
"Braga finished in front of Porto last year - we played against Porto and know they are a good side. Also, they have just kicked Sevilla out in the play-offs.
"Shakhtar Donetsk are one of the best European sides, that is why I believe it is very important we start well at home."

Predictions ?

Last edited:
As a Portuguese , i vote for Braga , everyone said they were going down against Celtic... they won 4-2 (aggregate) , everyone said they were going down against Sevilla they won 5-4 GO BRAGA! ALL THE WAY TO EUROPEAN DREAMS!

A tip, DO NOT underestimate Braga, by all means, Arsenal is stronger, but if you guys get complacent, then it might get ugly.

We can't afford to underestimate Braga, clearly a strong side managing to progress this far past Celtic and Sevilla. Still, I'd like to think we'll win the match, but only if we give them our best.

We can't afford to underestimate Braga, clearly a strong side managing to progress this far past Celtic and Sevilla. Still, I'd like to think we'll win the match, but only if we give them our best.
2-1 arsenal, a tight but great match imo

I think it will be a very open free flowing game with a few goals.

Arsenal 2-1 Braga

Arsenal 1-0 Braga - Chamakh

i predicted Braga as a really good side but i do think Arsenal will win this tie at home but lose the away tie.

Nice OP Calum, Arsenal probable XI:

Almunia

Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy

Fabregas Song Denilson

Nasri Chamakh Arshavin

"Nasri missed the game against Bolton, but will, for sure, be back for our first champions league game against Braga" - Manager Arsene Wenger.

Will probably be tight this one, but Arsenal are a superior side and should beat Braga at home. They are a physical side though, so hopefully players like Squillaci and Chamakh will help us in that area. Also good at longshots, so Almunia better be in form :'(

Going to this one tonight (Birthday present!) so hopefully it will be good and we'll show them what the Champions League proper is about. Tbf, Celtic were pretty awful, and we're better than Sevilla too so we should win this one, and eventually come through top of the group.

My mate is at this one, and I'd love it if Braga were to beat them whilst he was watching them.

Prediction wise though, I'm expecting 2-0 to Arsenal.

Arsenal v Braga line-ups
Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Nasri, Song, Fabregas, Wilshere, Arshavin, Chamakh. Subs: Fabianski, Rosicky, Vela, Denilson, Djourou, Eboue, Gibbs.
Braga: Felipe, Miguel Garcia, Moises, Rodriguez, Silvio, Vandinho, Aguiar, Hugo Viana, Alan, Matheus, Paulo Cesar. Subs: Artur Moraes, Paulao, Mossoro, Helder Barbosa, Lima, Madrid, Elton.
Referee: Alain Hamer (Luxembourg)

Last edited:
Up the Braga :)

2-0 to the Portugese.

first UCL game of the season, hope we do better than Man Utd did last night :p (JOKE)