UCL Arsenal V Braga Match Thread

Winners ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CJ read the last line of the quote.

IF Arsenal don't make the most of it they will be punished. It was 3-0 at HT, I'd say they made the most out of it..

Brilliant, now lets keep the spirit and go and have a go at Sunderland away, which will be one of those 'difficult games' we need to put away this season.

About the only good thing about Ramsey's leg break was it gave Wilshere a chance to step up and really show how he can play - I know Ramsey typically plays in a slightly different position (central mid opposed to attacking). Was pleased with Chamakh tonight, his strength and technique looked solid, I'm glad he understands the way Arsenal play with him playing in other players - in fact the entire team had so much unselfish play tonight, really solid.

Last edited:
how i love supporting Arsenaal best team to watch in Britain

great win from Arsenal but we all know they can win games like this. Lets see how they do against the big boys.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Yeah.

Must hate the fact you win **** all.

and that too.

Up the Braga :)

2-0 to the Portugese.

Wow, really got battered out there today :S

Great result against a strong team, even if it was at home. At the game, not the best but 6 goals is always nice. And good to keep a clean sheet...

Fabregas was (as always) in brilliant form, two goals and two assists, at least.. great for my UCL Fantasy Team (Fabregas and Song :D)

Also delighted Wilshere got 90 mins.

Wow, really got battered out there today :S

Sorry, I made a hopeful prediction. No doubt you've got every prediction you've ever made right...

Brilliant, now lets keep the spirit and go and have a go at Sunderland away, which will be one of those 'difficult games' we need to put away this season.

About the only good thing about Ramsey's leg break was it gave Wilshere a chance to step up and really show how he can play - I know Ramsey typically plays in a slightly different position (central mid opposed to attacking). Was pleased with Chamakh tonight, his strength and technique looked solid, I'm glad he understands the way Arsenal play with him playing in other players - in fact the entire team had so much unselfish play tonight, really solid.

1. I don't think Sunderland Away is one of those 'difficult games' unlike Blackburn, Stoke. Should be able to win that one fairly easily, especially with no Cattermole/Cana.

2. Wilshere isn't stepping into Ramsey's pos. AR plays Fabregas' position (but a little deeper), but Jack is playing Diaby's position.. though they all move around (And got a brilliant assist.)

3. Yeah Chamakh seems to be a cheaper, more successful (so far) Arsenal version of Ibrahimovic.. In other words, we signed him for his physical aspect, but also because he has pace and skill. Very good signing it looks like (3 goals + several assists in 5 games!)
:wub:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Sorry, I made a hopeful prediction. No doubt you've got every prediction you've ever made right...

Just thought i'd pick up on that one.. considering how much you have a go at me for what i say. No harm done, was just making a joke of what i hope was a joke from you. |)

Almunia inpressed me again maybe no need for Schwarzer to come?

Almunia inpressed me again maybe no need for Schwarzer to come?

Still needs to come. Flapianski can't step in, he's *****. Almunia had nothing to do, but almost decided to try and run past the striker w. the ball at one point. Yet to be REALLY impressed by Koscielny, been hit and miss so far.. looked a little weak at times again today, but as said before by someone somewhere, he needs time to adapt, and get stronger, kept a cleansheet which is good.

You did the exact same thing to DMF....|)

This.

Delighted with Jackthelad today, lovely little backheel for the Chamakh goal, and Arshavin looked back to his best. Unlucky not to score again when he hit the post everyone thought it was in..

just got back from this brilliant game, im really impressed by vela finishing at the moment definitely needs more chances

Great performance tonight also made a few pound on arsenal (-2) :D had fabergas first goal an arsenal 4-0 thought I was in with a good chance but not to be.

Thought Clichy was superb and he is fast becoming the best left back in world football. I can think of only Cole that I would have ahead of him. Chamakh is really proving a handful and good to see Cesc back to his best in the last two games.

Hopefully we can start to put these type of performances in against big teams when we need them. In Arsene We Trust.

Great performance tonight also made a few pound on arsenal (-2) :D had fabergas first goal an arsenal 4-0 thought I was in with a good chance but not to be.

Thought Clichy was superb and he is fast becoming the best left back in world football. I can think of only Cole that I would have ahead of him. Chamakh is really proving a handful and good to see Cesc back to his best in the last two games.

Hopefully we can start to put these type of performances in against big teams when we need them. In Arsene We Trust.

Don't really see where the praise for Clichy is coming from, he pushed a little high up today, and we could have been caught on the counter (in fact we were consistently for about 20 mins in the first half, but didn't capitalise...) And he tried to do "keepy-upys" in the box.

@Whoever said Fabregas didn't look like he cared. I disagree