• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Have to do a bit of plugging (which may get moderated? Hope not)

Check out my tactical preview post-game (to see how right I was, maybe? ;)) http://www.arsenalreport.com/2011/0...eview-clash-of-the-beautiful-titans-part-one/

Arsenal Report will also have a full match-report, and I'll be writing the main article, with Ix writing the 2nd OP.

Great win, but we still have to hold on at the Nou Camp. A win is far better than a draw, or the loss everyone was predicting. We may well get turned over in Barcelona, but this is a famous win!

wait. I've just seen the stats.
Both had same amount of shots on target - 5.
Possession was 39% - 61%

so, how exactly did arsenal dominate?
i'm just curious, as i didn't see all the second half - saw 25 minutes or so, and Arsenal certainly didn't dominate

We dominated near-enough the whole second half thats how we scored 2 :D

Possession was 39% - 61%

i'm just curious, as i didn't see all the second half - saw 25 minutes or so, and Arsenal certainly didn't dominate
thought you werent posting any more?

not sure who is going on about dominating, but arsenal started to boss the last 20 minutes as barca tired, though barca rallied hard late on.

Possession was 39% - 61%

ITV said Arsenal had more SOT...

You clearly didn't see the first 25 mins of the second half, when Arsenal had Barcelona up against the wall and played in their half.

Possession was 39% - 61%

Also why comment if you didnt watch the whole 2nd half?

You clearly didn't see the first 25 mins of the second half, when Arsenal had Barcelona up against the wall and played in their half.
arsenal has more shots at goal 13-11, but it was 5 each on target. Barca will miss Pique

We dominated near-enough the whole second half thats how we scored 2 :D

Not sure how you class 10 minutes of counter attacking football as dominating? Plus, Possession stats stayed the same as first half - which suggests Barcelona had more of the ball than Arsenal?

thought you werent posting any more?

not sure who is going on about dominating, but arsenal started to boss the last 20 minutes as barca tired, though barca rallied hard late on.

Meh, i got bored, the thread has died down and i'm less likely to get jumped on now.
I've seen quite a few people say it - not just on here, but on facebook etc.
And as said above, Arsenal had a good ten minutes where they countered excellently.

Sky Sports said it was 5 each, dunno tbh.
If they played in their half, why were the possession stats similar to the first half.

Wish Guardian did chalkboards for the champions league!

Also why comment if you didnt watch the whole 2nd half?

I saw a good 25 - 30 minutes, enough to comment

who cares if messi was good or not it clearly wasnt good enough Kos dealt with him pretty easily through the most part of the match!! and arsenal did pretty much control the second half the way barca did the 1st but Arsenal finished off chances, chances which were a lot harder to convert than a lot of barcas!!!

COME ON YOU GOONERS!!! :)

Meh, all I know is that we were the better side in the second half.

Arsenal Report's average position map is showing some interesting stuff. Not one starting Barca player had an average position above the centre circle. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Villa all had average positions IN the centre circle. Arsenal’s shape is firm and broad, showing a 4-3-3.

More tomorrow.

Not sure how you class 10 minutes of counter attacking football as dominating? Plus, Possession stats stayed the same as first half - which suggests Barcelona had more of the ball than Arsenal?
1. It was closer to 20 minutes of sustained attacking from us than 10 minutes of 'counter attacking football'.
2. We weren't countering Barca in the early stages of the second half, purely outplaying them.

We just have to hope it has been a long time since Barca have lost they have been so comfortable with winning that maybe just maybe this loss might set their teeth on edge for our next game.

Arsenal had more SOT and they were more deadly in the 2nd half than Barca, they are difficult but they are not unbeatable fingers crossed no hate is going to bring me down from us beating the best team in the world.

Why isnt every happy that Barcelona lost ffs, Lets be honest here, they are more of a threat to every club in Europe then Arsenal really, Arsenal to knock them out please...

Why isnt every happy that Barcelona lost ffs, Lets be honest here, they are more of a threat to every club in Europe then Arsenal really, Arsenal to knock them out please...

Beat Barca then lose to the next team that would be typical Arsenal although they are improving constantly and do that less often.

What did I tell everyone before the game? Don't write us off, and don't talk about a bad defence when Koscielny and Djourou have been SO excellent. Both were superb again tonight, Clichy played Villa onside for the goal, and Koscielny started the move for the winner! Who needs the Verminator?

Because we dislike Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back