• Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
barca-template.jpg

Average positions for tonight's game if anyone's interested..

Of course, they are our bitter rivals and we will never hear the end of this if they knock them out.

Fair point i guess, just dont like it when people start supporting spain or barca or any foreign team for that matter for no reason at all!!!

interesting to see how Barca were trying to clog the midfield.

Anyone know where I can find a replay of the game? I'm in the US and the game was on at 9 am this morning and I had to work...would love to watch it.

Let the Arsenal fans enjoy for a few weeks because at the Nou camp the defence will be tested to breaking limit. :O

If we go out :(

I will be sad but you cant win them all i am just loving beating Barca for the first time in our history

Blackpool beat Liverpool. Southampton beat Blackpool. Tranmere beat Southampton.
Tranmere > Barca.
Northampton beat Liverpool as well...
So Northampton > Barca.
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Charlton beat Tranmere. Proof of what I have told people all along
Charlton > Barca!!!
Anyway just thinking of the brilliant possibility of a Spurs v Arsenal tie. Could possibly be the biggest NL derby in years and might be a big pointer as to where the 'balance of power' in NL now lies.
Got to try and not jump the gun though, long way to go.
and Birmingham beat stoke and Newcastle beat Birmingham and Stevenage beat Newcastle
therefore Stevenage >>>>>> Barca

Reading these I came to the conclusion Barca are **** :)

who cares if messi was good or not it clearly wasnt good enough Kos dealt with him pretty easily through the most part of the match!! and arsenal did pretty much control the second half the way barca did the 1st but Arsenal finished off chances, chances which were a lot harder to convert than a lot of barcas!!!

COME ON YOU GOONERS!!! :)

I don't think Kos dealt with Messi at all, Messi was quiet yes but a Messi on another day we have at least got a brace, Between Messi and Villa playing right on the last line of defence they broke through too easily a few times IMO and as I said Messi on another day would have scored a couple - just wasn't his night. Finishing was poor, and for the rest he was very quiet and didn't do much. Yes Kos handled the best player in the world well but not to the extent everyones making out.

Why isnt every happy that Barcelona lost ffs, Lets be honest here, they are more of a threat to every club in Europe then Arsenal really, Arsenal to knock them out please...

agree with this so much

Because we dislike Arsenal?

So say you get through, and you had to pick Barca or Arsenal in the next round you would go Barca - they will most certainly destroy us but I don't like Arsenal... It benefits every single club in the CL including YOUR club if Barca were to be knocked out as they are favourites to win it. Wisen up mate

Also if we got through :O

I would love To play Spurs if they also get through

Also if we got through :O

I would love To play Spurs if they also get through

Could be a plus however could go against you...

If you lost it would feel so much worse losing and make your Barca win look less memorable.

If you won it would make the Barca victory feel like nothing to the slagging you could give Tottenham fans.

Could be a plus however could go against you...

If you lost it would feel so much worse losing and make your Barca win look less memorable.

If you won it would make the Barca victory feel like nothing to the slagging you could give Tottenham fans.

I know :( If they beat us in UCL i dont think we would hear the end of it :P

Exactly mate :P, but then again if you beat them you could always look back and go well great season. Carling Cup Final.. Beat the best team in the world in the CL and knocked our Rivals out & a possible 2nd place in the League.

Could go in & out your favour through so many different ways of looking at it.

Only this time I support Arsenal. If Barca lose then everybody will have a chance for the final

Fantastic performance, did everything we had to, survived the first half with a survivable score-line, had a few chances on the counter, then in the 2nd half we absoloutely dominated. Also we kept Messi quiet for spells of the game which was important, i still think we will be knocked out but this victory is morale boosting and proves we can beat anybody if we put our head's to it, we didn't go out to stop Barca playing and its payed of, an early goal at Nou Camp could contribute so much more than it did last year, cmon you Gunners!!

Superb game and Arsenal played will, and Wilshere was at the heart of every move. It was so pleasing to see young England midfielder having that technique and composure to hold possession against Barca.

KOS had excellent game and i was very much surprised. He read the game very well. RVP had 2 good chances which on another day would have buried it.

And people complaining about atmosphere, get a grip. Atmosphere was not dire as you lot make out to be. Arsenal played pressing game and won against Barca, so what excuses bitters find? Yeah lack of atmosphere.
Chants are overrated as ****. Yeah it creates great atmosphere, but it can be done even with out having chants for every tom **** and harry. (We dont have any chants but atmosphere will always be electric when we play any team, yes it is about Cricket).

Arsenal deserves all the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back