• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he actually hit the target once....?

closest he came was the side netting, he missed chances he should have scored and was mostly harmless even his driving runs werent as dangerous. average game, very poor by his own standards

See Jones. This is how Messi had a bad game.

So, he had a goal (wrongly) disallowed, and came very close on at least 2 occasions and can claim an assist? It's only seen as poor because he didn't get the hat-trick, or get more assists - if Barca had won, people wouldn't pick up on it as much.

If Jack Wilshere had done that (came close twice, got an assist) everyone would be bigging him up more so than they already are.

So, he had a goal (wrongly) disallowed, and came very close on at least 2 occasions and can claim an assist? It's only seen as poor because he didn't get the hat-trick, or get more assists - if Barca had won, people wouldn't pick up on it as much.

If Jack Wilshere had done that (came close twice, got an assist) everyone would be bigging him up more so than they already are.

I wouldn't say Messi had a poor game but Koscielny dealt with him well and Messi's finishing was poor by his standards.

Just found this, you Arsenal fans might like it

WilshereGunnerblogBody.png

he was poor by his own standards those were very convertible by any standard, he was picking the ball up in safe areas rather than being a constant threat, if barca had won it would still be a poor game from him. cut it anyway you want, messi didnt have a good game

he was poor by his own standards those were very convertible by any standard, he was picking the ball up in safe areas rather than being a constant threat, if barca had won it would still be a poor game from him. cut it anyway you want, messi didnt have a good game

But he didn't have a bad game?
and you could flip the coin and say Fabregas was poor? But because they won, nobody has mentioned it.

Also, if i recall, Messi was poor at the emirates last season - we all know what he did at the nou camp.

Good win for Arsenal, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is what they do at Barcelona. This win could be very pointless in the grand scheme of things.

and you could flip the coin and say Fabregas was poor? But because they won, nobody has mentioned it.

Also, if i recall, Messi was poor at the emirates last season - we all know what he did at the nou camp.

Good win for Arsenal, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is what they do at Barcelona. This win could be very pointless in the grand scheme of things.
fabregas was poor, and it was mentioned all game by everyone on here.

last two points have no bearing on the fact that messi was poor tonight

of course what they did here matters the goals will be important next game round

Nobody? most people have said he was poor

This win could be very pointless in the grand scheme of things.
Never. This win will never be pointless. I'll always remember this. The players will remember this. This is the biggest confidence boost ever.

Reminds me of the CL in my save, I was Napoli and lost 3-0 at home to Barcelona, so I said f*ck it and holiday'ed the next leg, we won 6-0, I was ecstatic.

Fabregas did have a poor game by his standards I have seen posts which have said he wasn't playing well can't blame others for your selective viewing.

As for Nou Camp who knows my hopes are high

Never. This win will never be pointless. I'll always remember this. The players will remember this. This is the biggest confidence boost ever.
i dont know anyone can ever say this win is pointless, huge boost for arsenal and much better than going to the Camp Nou with a draw or a loss

i dont know anyone can ever say this win is pointless, huge boost for arsenal and much better than going to the Camp Nou with a draw or a loss

Wouldn't have fancied them unless they won tonight. Glad they did as it sets up what could be, In the late Sir Bobby Robson's words, a right humdinger.

I said in the grand scheme of things - ie. if they lose at Barca, they're out = pointless in regards to competition.

& i'll admit, i didn't read through the entire thread just to see if anyone had commented on Fab, most of the posts i did read - it was Messi getting slated and nobody else.

this is me out, cba to comment and get jumped on again. boring me now

I said in the grand scheme of things - ie. if they lose at Barca, they're out = pointless in regards to competition.

& i'll admit, i didn't read through the entire thread just to see if anyone had commented on Fab, most of the posts i did read - it was Messi getting slated and nobody else.

this is me out, cba to comment and get jumped on again. boring me now
IF they lose, but then we cant see in the future

Anyone know if Puyol is back for return leg?

Last edited:
Jesus. I know Arsenal fans are accused of being bitter sometimes but jheez, Jones...

First of all, your tweet: Only thing we deserve credit for is counter attacking? Well, even if that is true (which it isn't) - you have beat them somehow, if that's the way to do it, then it needs to be done well and we did it brilliantly.

Barca had 60-40 possession halfway through the first half. Having created how many opportunities compared to last year? Two clear ones maybe, Messi and Villa. The age old expression of having to take your chances..

Last year, they had 82% possession or something like that. We respected them far too much, and this year, we pushed up and pressed well. Xavi completed 114 passes or something, but most of them were sideways or backwards. I know the Barca way is to keep possession, control the game and draw players out, but actually, they hardly got the ball forward in the middle.

Clichy played very narrow and Dani Alves got on the right several times, but with no Ibra, there's no TM to put it into, and it was useless going wide.

Messi had a poor game by his standards. He had two wonderful opportunities and missed them both when he probably should have scored (certainly the first) he set up Villa's goal when Arsenal fell asleep and other than that, was very deep, and pretty inactive.

Maxwell and Dani Alves were both excellent defensively.

RvP's goal was completely deliberate IMO, and even if the GK should do better, no one should be taking away from that wonderful finish, there's always a mistake somewhere.

Arshavin's winner was just superb. Barcelona pushed up, and just as I expected in my tactical preview, Arsenal exploited the space behind the FB brilliantly.

Last year, we got thrashed with:

Almunia
Silvestre
Denilson
Diaby
Rosicky
Bendtner

No Cesc, Arshavin, RvP, Gallas. No in-form Nasri, no in-form 20 YO GK, no in-form and ever improving Jack Wilshere.

Last year, we were still chasing the game, with a 2nd string side pretty much, this year, Barca have to chase and they'll inevitably make the same mistakes if they can't finish chances.

Wilshere MOTM. Arsenal's second half was a joy to watch, Barca were on the back foot most of the half and we scored two very good goals. Offside vs Messi absolutely spot on, Arshavin "handball" would've been very harsh IMO.

If we defend that well again, then I'm quietly confident about going through. Barca won't keep a clean sheet, I'm certain of that.

My friend bet £100 on an Arsenal win. Now who's laughing?

Jesus. I know Arsenal fans are accused of being bitter sometimes but jheez, Jones...

First of all, your tweet: Only thing we deserve credit for is counter attacking? Well, even if that is true (which it isn't) - you have beat them somehow, if that's the way to do it, then it needs to be done well and we did it brilliantly.

Barca had 60-40 possession halfway through the first half. Having created how many opportunities compared to last year? Two clear ones maybe, Messi and Villa. The age old expression of having to take your chances..

Last year, they had 82% possession or something like that. We respected them far too much, and this year, we pushed up and pressed well. Xavi completed 114 passes or something, but most of them were sideways or backwards. I know the Barca way is to keep possession, control the game and draw players out, but actually, they hardly got the ball forward in the middle.

Clichy played very narrow and Dani Alves got on the right several times, but with no Ibra, there's no TM to put it into, and it was useless going wide.

Messi had a poor game by his standards. He had two wonderful opportunities and missed them both when he probably should have scored (certainly the first) he set up Villa's goal when Arsenal fell asleep and other than that, was very deep, and pretty inactive.

Maxwell and Dani Alves were both excellent defensively.

RvP's goal was completely deliberate IMO, and even if the GK should do better, no one should be taking away from that wonderful finish, there's always a mistake somewhere.

Arshavin's winner was just superb. Barcelona pushed up, and just as I expected in my tactical preview, Arsenal exploited the space behind the FB brilliantly.

Last year, we got thrashed with:

Almunia
Silvestre
Denilson
Diaby
Rosicky
Bendtner

No Cesc, Arshavin, RvP, Gallas. No in-form Nasri, no in-form 20 YO GK, no in-form and ever improving Jack Wilshere.

Last year, we were still chasing the game, with a 2nd string side pretty much, this year, Barca have to chase and they'll inevitably make the same mistakes if they can't finish chances.

Wilshere MOTM. Arsenal's second half was a joy to watch, Barca were on the back foot most of the half and we scored two very good goals. Offside vs Messi absolutely spot on, Arshavin "handball" would've been very harsh IMO.

If we defend that well again, then I'm quietly confident about going through. Barca won't keep a clean sheet, I'm certain of that.

My friend bet £100 on an Arsenal win. Now who's laughing?

yeah its like people grudge Arsenal their FAMOUS VICTORY over Barcelona

Oh people are debating whether RVP's goal was deliberate? Clearly was, dunno what he was playing at but it went in haha :D

Oh I was so happy I had to buy a sub :D

wait. I've just seen the stats.
Both had same amount of shots on target - 5.
Possession was 39% - 61%

so, how exactly did arsenal dominate?
i'm just curious, as i didn't see all the second half - saw 25 minutes or so, and Arsenal certainly didn't dominate

I don't know why, but I have a massive feeling that Arsenal are going to turn out a massive performance tonight and cause an upset...

Changing my prediction;

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona.

You sir are a ******* legend. :wub:

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the whole game due to a darts match, but I saw all the goals. On my way to the pub, I peeped through the window of another pub to see Barcelona celebrating.

Get in! Not expecting anything from the second leg but boy am I ecstatic just to see this turnaround!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back