• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal sit back and try and catch Barca on the counter attack then i could see them winning the tie. But we all know this is not Wenger and Arsenals phylosophy (sp) and they will attack Barca and try to pass them to death which you cannont do. So im predicting a 2-0 win for Barca.

If Arsenal sit back and try and catch Barca on the counter attack then i could see them winning the tie. But we all know this is not Wenger and Arsenals phylosophy (sp) and they will attack Barca and try to pass them to death which you cannont do. So im predicting a 2-0 win for Barca.

That's the worst thing we can do..

We won't relentlessly try to attack them obviously, we'll be more conservative but if we just sit back, we'll get torn to shreds. We're not Stoke - you're right, it's not our philosophy, and therefore we're not used to doing it.

We'll hit them on the counter, but we won't park the bus.

Oh - and counter attacking IS Wenger's philosophy.. Our 4-4-2 was based on quick, short passing and counter attacking football, and we've scored numerous goals on the counter this season.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

I can't find a quote at the moment, but Sid Lowe was saying that Dani Alves was warning Barca that Arsenal are good enough to be solid defensively (3rd best defensive record in the PL this season), but are also quick, and can take their chances (We have the best shots to goals ratio in the CL this season, I believe). Barca haven't been playing well lately, they struggled vs Zaragoza and Athletic who both defended well, but couldn't take their chances.

Barcelona 5-2 Arsenal
Arsenal to be destroyed after this game and crumble in EPL...and FA Cup!

HAHA on twitter: "If Barca B has "many" young players on par with Wilshere, why is Barca B 12 points off the top in the Segunda Division?"

179853_10150154545815465_728115464_8354229_6974213_n.jpg

BOOM - CMON ARSENAL, CMON WILSHERE

Busquets and Abidal in CB I fancy Arsenal's chances against those two

Ars-e-lona

Great game in prospect - really hope it doesn't disappoint.

C'mon you Gooners!!!

really hope we go through. C'MON!

Im watching Revista De La Liga and according to them Van Persie STARTS. A big gamble in my opinion.

According to Giuem Ballague, Dutch TV is saying that RVP starts tonight!

Praying for a draw! Really can't see us going to the Nou Camp and winning, which has only been achieved by one English team (Liverpool I believe) but so far this season Barca have only lost 1 home game..88% win ratio, so Its not the best statistic wise but I believe we can do it. Come on you gooners!

Official Barcelona Team!

Valdes
Alves - Busquets - Abidal - Adriano
Mascherano
Xavi ------ Iniesta
Pedro --------- Messi ---------- Villa

Offical Arsenal Team!

Szczesny
Sagna - Djourou - Koscielny - Clichy
Diaby - Wilshere
Rosicky - Fabregas - Nasri
Van Persie

Rosicky starts! I knew it!!

Last edited:
Rosicky starts. Van Persie failed the medical but starts. I would rather go in with Chamakh personally

I do prefer Diaby to Denilson so that's good news, but if RVP isn't absolutely 100% then he shouldn't be starting this game. Only brought on late on if necessary.

It's a shame they don't have Walcott to really try and punish the absence of Abidal's pace from the left.

Huge gamble from Wenger, this game could make or break their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back