UCL Playoffs: Arsenal vs Udinese (Sky Sports 2 & ITV1)

Winners after both legs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There we go.

No away goals involved whatsoever unless Udinese win by a 1 goal margin and Arsenal have scored at least one away goal.

Basically just think that if Arsenal score then Udinese need to win by 2 clear goals that's the way I usually visualise aggregate/away goal rules.

ffs, with the current situation. CBs injured ahhh.

predicting a narrow in, 1-0 arsenal.

i might predict my lineups on tuesday

I was very confident that Arsenal would win this tie, but after first leg and more injury concerns Arseal have, I'm not very confident. Udinese are excellent counter attacking team, wont be surprised if Arsenal lose out.

Any news on Nasri playing?

Wenger should play his best availabe team, as someone mentioned in Arsenal thread, qualifying for Champions league >>> Transfer fee for Nasri..

What are the rules on Nasri being on the bench for the game? He's only cup-tied if he plays, right? If so, I say keep him on the bench and if Arsenal is losing then bring him on.

Arsenal need to somehow hang on for a draw against ManU on the weekend. Another loss is very likely considering all of the players they have missing, and it's a very big hole to start the season off in (their Champions League competitors all will have several points by the third week). I say they rest Van Persie and perhaps even Ramsey (Diaby needs to be rested as well since he's their only DM left for that ManU game). I'm pretty sure they can hang on for at least a draw against Udinese as they are definitely the better team and they need to save some of these guys for the ManU game. Here's the line-up I'd like to see:

Chamakh
Arshavin Rosicky Gervinho
Song Frimpong
Gibbs (I think he's now back from injury?) Vermaelen Coquelin Jenkinson
Szczesny

If Arsenal scores than they must sub out Vermaelen and move Song back to CB (bring on Diaby for him). Vermaelen played the last two fixtures and he needs to be rested as much as possible against ManU. Song has experience playing CB. It is a bit of a risk I guess but Coquelin looked very composed against Liverpool. And of course if things aren't going well they can keep him in and maybe bring on Nasri (if they can start him on the bench without cup-tying him).

This squad should be good enough to hold off Udinese and they can rest Van Persie, Nasri, Ramsey, Diaby, and Sagna, and also Vermaelen for 30 or so minutes. It gives them a legitimate shot of getting a draw against ManU.

What bad luck for Arsenal. With all of the off-season drama they needed a good start, and losing several players to injury and two players to three game long suspensions (and then their only other true DM gets a red card) was the worst possible thing that could happen. They're now looking at 1 point in the first three matches having already played Liverpool and ManU. Honestly they really are one of the unluckiest teams I've seen in sports, you can almost count on this type of thing happening to them.

Diaby isnt fit he's had surgery IIRC

1-1, I reckon, with Di Natale opening the scoring and Vermaelen clawing one back to win Arsenal the tie.

10 weeks out lol

not 10 now though if you understand

Cheers Calum. Thought it was something like that from the initial surgery. It was on his knee IIRC?

Also 2-1 Udinese, Di Natale brace.

Cheers Calum. Thought it was something like that from the initial surgery. It was on his knee IIRC?

Also 2-1 Udinese, Di Natale brace.

from the arsenal website

Abou Diaby (Ankle)
Last Updated: 20 August

Arsène Wenger has revealed that Abou underwent surgery on his ankle over the summer and will miss the start of the new Premier League season. "Diaby is not back before the end of August or the beginning of September," said Wenger on August 12

RVP needs to be rested for the ManU game. They should only bring him on as a sub if they are losing 1-0.

Diaby out? So let me get this straight...no Frimpong, Song, or Diaby against ManU? Arsenal is royally ****** for that one. There's no chance they can get a point at OT. Wilshere isn't even going to be back is he? Even if he is, they have to play two small attacking midfielders as their DM's. This is EXACTLY why Arsenal needs another steely DM. That's the only position they really need one more player at (well, one more attacking player would be good, as well as an LB). That's what I was saying all along and everyone disagreed with me. Now all three of their DM's are out and they have a formation that uses two. They couldn't beat any top half teams with all three of those DM's out, much less ManU away with all of the turmoil. One can only hope that morale won't drop too low after the weekend.

I'm not even an Arsenal supporter and I get depressed thinking about them. Frimpong really screwed them over with his two yellows against Liverpool.

RVP needs to be rested for the ManU game. They should only bring him on as a sub if they are losing 1-0.

Diaby out? So let me get this straight...no Frimpong, Song, or Diaby against ManU? Arsenal is royally ****** for that one. There's no chance they can get a point at OT. Wilshere isn't even going to be back is he? Even if he is, they have to play two small attacking midfielders as their DM's. This is EXACTLY why Arsenal needs another steely DM. That's the only position they really need one more player at (well, one more attacking player would be good, as well as an LB). That's what I was saying all along and everyone disagreed with me. Now all three of their DM's are out and they have a formation that uses two. They couldn't beat any top half teams with all three of those DM's out, much less ManU away with all of the turmoil. One can only hope that morale won't drop too low after the weekend.

I'm not even an Arsenal supporter and I get depressed thinking about them. Frimpong really screwed them over with his two yellows against Liverpool.

As far as I recall, not everyone disagreed with you, if any.

Has anybody worked out just what the **** the result means now that Fenerbache have been withdrawn from CL? I'm baffeled as to what happens now as are Udinese as they're going mental over there right now after hearing the news. No-one seems to know what is going on

Edit-UEFA statement at 19:30

Last edited:
Has anybody worked out just what the **** the result means now that Fenerbache have been withdrawn from CL? I'm baffeled as to what happens now as are Udinese as they're going mental over there right now after hearing the news. No-one seems to know what is going on

Edit-UEFA statement at 19:30

Jamie explained it in the Liverpool Thread, have a look there :)

Last years team on standby after qualifying was Anderlecht being the highest ranked country's champions to exit in QR4.

This year it will either be Kobenhavn/BATE or if somehow both of them go through then it will be Haifa (That's guaranteed).

The only effect Arsenal losing to Udinese has is AC Milan getting moved from Pot 2 to Pot 1.

That's it, not Liverpool somehow taking Arsenal's place as England has the highest coefficient.

Now that MyP2P is gone...where will everyone watch this match?

Status
Not open for further replies.