UCL Playoffs: Arsenal vs Udinese (Sky Sports 2 & ITV1)

Winners after both legs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the fact there's a bit of an mini exodus at the moment is affecting him mentally? To lose one of your key players would unsettle any player.

Sorry Joss, but his off the ball movement was so poor, that hasnt got anything to with lack of confidence. He was second to almost everything.

Disagree - he was slow because he lacks confidence. You could see what a lack of fitness, and therefore a goal-drought did to him over Xmas last season. He lost his confidence and couldn't score for toffee. He always works hard and did so again tonight. Don't think he was that bad tbh - showed some good link-up play and touches but just an unwillingness to get on the end of crosses which I think was a confidence issue. He didn't feel confident enough to attack the ball, so he spent most of the time hanging around the box doing nothing much.

Torres was the same at Chelsea, Rooney (to an extent) at Utd.

Or maybe the fact there's a bit of an mini exodus at the moment is affecting him mentally? To lose one of your key players would unsettle any player.

Don't think so somehow. Has been poor in 2011 - just needs a goal and a run of games.

Disagree - he was slow because he lacks confidence. You could see what a lack of fitness, and therefore a goal-drought did to him over Xmas last season. He lost his confidence and couldn't score for toffee. He always works hard and did so again tonight. Don't think he was that bad tbh - showed some good link-up play and touches but just an unwillingness to get on the end of crosses which I think was a confidence issue. He didn't feel confident enough to attack the ball, so he spent most of the time hanging around the box doing nothing much.

Torres was the same at Chelsea, Rooney (to an extent) at Utd.

Don't think so somehow. Has been poor in 2011 - just needs a goal and a run of games.

Both Torres and Rooney worked much harder. He was just so slack. Even when short of confidence Torres and Rooney in particular seemed determined to drag themselves out of it, hunting everything. He didn't and i just wonder if he has mental strength to drag himself out, which is shame because on his day he is quality

We should of walked this game if we played Ryo Miyaichi, made it hard for ourselfs in the second leg :S.

I'm sticking with my view that Udinese will go through, they are very strong at home and if I see fog/mist in the air for the 2nd leg then I would say 3-1/2-0 to Udinese.

I wouldn't be expecting humid/dry conditions, Udinese region normally produces fog/mist over the pitch and Udinese take full advantage of it. Di Natale to bag at least one goal and one assist.

Had a thought. How come if another club plays poorly and wins, it's said by some commentators "thats what champions do", but if Arsenal play poorly they say "it's not good enough"?

Had a thought. How come if another club plays poorly and wins, it's said by some commentators "thats what champions do", but if Arsenal play poorly they say "it's not good enough"?
Exactly what I've been thinking.

We've been told we never win dirty, and when we do we still get slammed :S

Exactly what I've been thinking.

We've been told we never win dirty, and when we do we still get slammed :S

I have noticed that sometimes. No win situation.

Both Torres and Rooney worked much harder. He was just so slack. Even when short of confidence Torres and Rooney in particular seemed determined to drag themselves out of it, hunting everything. He didn't and i just wonder if he has mental strength to drag himself out, which is shame because on his day he is quality

Fair enough - but that's not really not being interested or bothered. It may be a lack of mental strength, but there's a difference between that and not bothering to put in a shift. I was actually largely impressed by Chamakh last night - he showed some good touches, but - IMO - just lacked the confidence to attack the ball in the box.

We should of walked this game if we played Ryo Miyaichi, made it hard for ourselfs in the second leg :S.

Not sure how you've worked out that Miyaichi is better than Gervinho/Walcott but anyway... He couldn't play tonight. He's in Japan sorting his visa out.

Happy about the result, which was the best thing of the night.
About the team's performance....just 'meh'.

I didn't like Chamakh. During the time I properly watched the match I saw him just receiving the ball out of the opposite team's box with his back pointing to the italian goal and passsing it back, and many times bad touches or directly to the Udinese players.
He made me desperate.

About the defence, I liked it most with Koscielny - Vermaelen as the CBs. Still waiting for Arsene to sign a new quality CB though.

Is Djourou's injury anything serious or...? How much time for recovery?

Most important game of the season comming up, we cant afford to go out of the UCL and muck up our prem schedule

Predictions for 2nd leg?

I say 1-1 away goal win

Apparently Djourou and Wilshere have a chance of playing. Big boost.

1-1 away goal win?

That's impossible...

Even if Udinese score and it's 1-1 on aggregate at FT...There's been no away goals?

If it's 1-1 on the night, then Arsenal win 2-1 on aggregates.

Bottom line, a 1-1 Arsenal through on away goals is impossible... oO)

does away rule not count both legs?

arsenal score there = away goal no?

?

It's impossible for Arsenal to go through 1-1 on away goals...

If it ends 1-1 on the night then they go through 2-1 on aggregate, and if Udinese level it and the 2nd leg finishes 1-0 (1-1 on aggregate) then it would be ET.

1-1 on away goals=Impossible.

lol ok

arsenal win 2-1 overall but 1-1 on night

Status
Not open for further replies.