UEFA Champions League - Werder Bremen vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 5K
Pretty sure Bale made our first goal tbh.

IF that useless **** could use his right foot, then he wouldnt have to attempt an outragous outside of the left boot clearence **** it up, give away a throw in, and then fail to mark the striker. Leaving us at 2-1 going into half time giving Bremen belief.

If he hadn't been so useless, then we would have gone in 2-0 at the break calm, and probably would have gone on to win the game.

yer Bale put the cross in but the through ball that broke up the defence to Bale was by Ekotto and it was a sensational through ball.

This, and also, Almeida got between King and Ekotto, so King had to take some blame too surely. (But this is according to BBC live text that he did that..)

This, and also, Almeida got between King and Ekotto, so King had to take some blame too surely. (But this is according to BBC live text that he did that..)

King was in front of him, Ekotto behind the man, so he was the one who could see him and should therefore be talking but he failed.

King was in front of him, Ekotto behind the man, so he was the one who could see him and should therefore be talking but he failed.

If Ekotto was behind Hugo Almeida, there really isn't much you can do from that situation. It's the team's fault for allowing him to get what is basically a free header at goal.

Also CJACKO is right about his good through-ball which released Bale. If he hadn't played thatm then Spurs wouldn't have scored at that moment.

Spurs very lucky to get a point.

Not really. Sure, they dominated the second-half, but we had them on the ropes during the first-half, apart from a defensive error at the end.

During their second-half dominance, we also had arguably the best chance of the match in Crouch's miss too, which Defoe or Pavlyuchenko would have buried without a doubt in my mind.

I think a draw is a fair reflection of the match, with maybe a 3 - 2 Bremen win being the more likely 3-pointer.

Let's face it, a point away from home in Europe is always a good one. Considering its Spurs first taste of group football, from what i have read that did well. Still some lessons to be learnt though. Can see why some may see this as two points dropped rather than a point
gained, afteral I no what it is like to watch your team throw away a two goal lead.

Quite happy with this although I can't deny I'm slightly annoyed at the way we gifted Bremen a way back into the game when they were dead and buried. We put in a great first-half performance and showed what we're capable off going forward. I think the goal just before half-time put doubts in some of the players minds and it showed, along with a vast improvement by Bremen after some tactical adjustments, in the second-half. There's a lot of plus points and confidence to be taken from this game, especially after our less than convincing start to the season.

Main concerns for me (if I was to be bitchy) were the inept performance of Corluka (who looks like he could be outrun by a snail atm), a rather indifferent game from Ekottu, Lennon's practical no-show (he ran, yeah, but had little impact), and a less than convincing performance form Cudicini -- the six-yard box is yours, my dear fellow. Besides that, most players gave a decent account of themselves and kept running despite an obvious case of tired legs setting in towards the end.

It could have been worse, it could have been better -- and Crouch should never have missed that one v one (but well done on your headed goal :))

I would have taken a point if it was offered before the game so, all in all, good stuff.

COYS :)

Sandro being omitted from the 25 man squad seems a little odd though and, if the reports are true, I feel sorry for him being sent home from the airport. Hope it doesn't knock his confidence too much.

Last edited:
Quite happy with this although I can't deny I'm slightly annoyed at the way we gifted Bremen a way back into the game when they were dead and buried. We put in a great first-half performance and showed what we're capable off going forward. I think the goal just before half-time put doubts in some of the players minds and it showed, along with a vast improvement by Bremen after some tactical adjustments, in the second-half. There's a lot of plus points and confidence to be taken from this game, especially after our less than convincing start to the season.

Main concerns for me (if I was to be bitchy) were the inept performance of Corluka (who looks like he could be outrun by a snail atm), a rather indifferent game from Ekottu, Lennon's practical no-show (he ran, yeah, but had little impact), and a less than convincing performance form Cudicini -- the six-yard box is yours, my dear fellow. Besides that, most players gave a decent account of themselves and kept running despite an obvious case of tired legs setting in towards the end.

It could have been worse, it could have been better -- and Crouch should never have missed that one v one (but well done on your headed goal :))

I would have taken a point if it was offered before the game so, all in all, good stuff.

COYS :)

Sandro being omitted from the 25 man squad seems a little odd though and, if the reports are true, I feel sorry for him being sent home from the airport. Hope it doesn't knock his confidence too much.

Completely agree with what you have put. Again would of taken the point away from home from the start. We have no way embarressed ourselves like a few members on here were predicting after our loss to Young Boys and by saying we would not get any points from the group after the draw and completely writing us off.

Still there are lessons to be learnt but Bremen, Inter and Twente will know we are a team that will give them a game and they will not fancy a trip to the Lane. Its our first showing in the Champions League and can see us holding our own against the teams in our group.

Back