UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

Ed Woodward is understood to have told friends that trying to establish the European Super League was one of the biggest mistakes of his professional career and he regrets it #mulive [times]

Ed Woodward will spend the remainder of his time at #mufc trying to build bridges with the 14 Premier League clubs who were left out of the European Super League proposals #mulive [times]

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Juventus official statement

🚨

“Juventus knows intentions of some clubs to withdraw from the #SuperLeague, although the procedures have not been finalised”. “Juventus - still convinced of the project - consider that now there are few opportunities to be realize the project”.
12:40 PM · Apr 21, 2021
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...con^s1_&ref_url=&tweet_id=1384834478636421123

Senior officials at #mufc have admitted that significant damage has been caused to the relations with the other Premier League clubs because of the attempted European Super League breakaway #mulive [times]

Still no apology, just empty statements. They haven't learned anything.

Still no apology, just empty statements. They haven't learned anything.
They won't apologise as it would be admitting they were wrong to even attempt it in the first place.

Madrid Zone

@theMadridZone

·
Apr 21, 2021

| In 2024, two #UCL places will be given to the clubs with the HIGHEST club coefficient that weren't able to qualify to the #UCL through their domestic leagues. For example, if a club like Manchester United ends up ranked 6th in the Premier League, they would still qualify.

Madrid Zone

@theMadridZone

🚨

| Furthermore, if, for example, a club like West Ham ends up 5th in the Premier League, and Manchester United ends up 6th, West Ham would qualify for the Europa League and Manchester United would qualify for the #UCL.

So now that everyone patted themselves on the back and talked how they love sports based on merit and open competition, we're back to business as usual.

Koeman in presser: “I'm not the club's spokesperson, that is the president. It is normal that you ask me about this, but there is so much going on that it is better to wait and see how it ends up. If anyone should speak, it is the president, not me."

Koeman: “The president called me yesterday, we spoke and he explained the Super League issue to me. I don't know if he has spoken about it with the players."

Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone

·
Apr 21, 2021

| In 2024, two #UCL places will be given to the clubs with the HIGHEST club coefficient that weren't able to qualify to the #UCL through their domestic leagues. For example, if a club like Manchester United ends up ranked 6th in the Premier League, they would still qualify.
Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone

🚨

| Furthermore, if, for example, a club like West Ham ends up 5th in the Premier League, and Manchester United ends up 6th, West Ham would qualify for the Europa League and Manchester United would qualify for the #UCL.
Basically always guarantees the Big 6 a place in the CL, no matter the domestic performance? That's pathetic. So, in general, going by overall trends, that would be Spurs and Arsenal? (or anyone else for that matter)// It's pathetic. So League positions just don't matter, basically. There should be more protests around this.

Edit - I guess it's overall 2 spots and not 2 per League. Still, convoluted as **** and insures you from really good league performance. Sigh.

Basically always guarantees the Big 6 a place in the CL, no matter the domestic performance? That's pathetic. So, in general, going by overall trends, that would be Spurs and Arsenal? (or anyone else for that matter)// It's pathetic. So League positions just don't matter, basically. There should be more protests around this.

Edit - I guess it's overall 2 spots and not 2 per League. Still, convoluted as **** and insures you from really good league performance. Sigh.
Rigged lol

Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone

·
Apr 21, 2021

Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone

🚨

I've not seen Sky tonight.

I presume Neville's been on calling out the greed of UEFA and Carragher calling for the UEFA president to step down as they try to save football from the ES ...... uhmmmm, CL that isn't called the ES but actually is but we'll pretend it isn't as it benefits us.

Those two protectors of morality in football surely have been all night over this right .......

1619032027784.png

Do these hypocrite clubs actually think they're being funny here?

The same Leeds United who tried to instigate a break away from the EFL.

*****!