UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

Unfortunately I honestly don’t think he gives 2 craps mate.
It would be just pressure and understanable move to make. Not because he does not give ****, the damage done and future cooporation with others would be in huge harm.

It would be just pressure and understanable move to make. Not because he does not give ****, the damage done and future cooporation with others would be in huge harm.
I agree but still don’t think him or the owners would care. Like Neville said there silent owners hardly ever seen or heard of. They will simply hide away from the outrage while continue to line there pockets :(

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

As per @danroan, ESL clubs have contacted UEFA and FIFA presidents issuing notice of legal proceedings in European courts designed to block any sanctions the two governing bodies may try enforce over the formation of the ESL.

Chris Williams

@Chris78Williams

Speaking to people in UEFA this morning there is a genuine want for the 12 to be immediately dismissed from all UEFA club competitions - and for Real, Barcelona, AC Milan and Liverpool to be stripped of their badges of honour. Suffice to say there are a lot of angry people there.

Money money!

Gabriele Marcotti

@Marcotti

Rebel clubs insist it's not a break away. They just want to organize their own Euro comp instead of UCL while still playing in domestic leagues. Thing is, if that means they 2x or 3x their Euro revenue, it creates an even greater domestic imbalance in already unbalanced leagues

As fans we are powerless to these tycoons, sure we can protest but we don't have a say in our clubs anymore. That's why I really applaud German clubs, fans should always have at least 51% ownership of these clubs.

It's all well and good governments coming out against this now... where were you when these owners were taking over our clubs from fans??

As fans we are powerless to these tycoons, sure we can protest but we don't have a say in our clubs anymore. That's why I really applaud German clubs, fans should always have at least 51% ownership of these clubs.

It's all well and good governments coming out against this now... where were you when these owners were taking over our clubs from fans??
Exactly. Hypocrites everywhere in this from top to bottom.

Exactly. Hypocrites everywhere in this from top to bottom.

I don't know where football genuinely goes from here.... everything in this season feels pointless doesn't it? Competing for a Europa League when regardless this competition will be irrelevant in a couple of years max.

Sadly I doubt this can be stopped. If clubs really want out, they hold all the power to do so. If UEFA bans them from the competitions, they don't care they will make their own. Might help if domestic leagues make a strong stance. but I don't see the leagues banning their cash cows that bring most revenue.

I don't know where football genuinely goes from here.... everything in this season feels pointless doesn't it? Competing for a Europa League when regardless this competition will be irrelevant in a couple of years max.
Yep is a sad state mate. Really is! If it fully goes through I will be peed!

James Robson

@jamesrobsonES

·
Apr 19, 2021
Replying to @jamesrobsonES
As for #lfc - United fans have always seen the Glazers for what they are. Liverpool actually thought they had good ‘uns. #furlough #europeansuperleague Well at least they’ve got LeBron James, which was a huge help during their pathetic defence of their title

James Robson

@jamesrobsonES

And Manchester City. The club that gave every downtrodden fan the dream of being bought by an oil-rich state & poking a finger in the eye of the dirty, selfish elite, who have held the rest of us down for so long. It’s almost as if u were just after an invite #mcfc

Really would like to know what Scouse thinks. As he’s always championing how well the club is run and how good the owners are etc??

How many managers of these clubs and players will take a stance? Someone like Klopp and Ole for example should be calling this out for what it is. Klopp was openly against this just couple of years ago.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67

As per @danroan, ESL clubs have contacted UEFA and FIFA presidents issuing notice of legal proceedings in European courts designed to block any sanctions the two governing bodies may try enforce over the formation of the ESL.

Chris Williams
@Chris78Williams

Speaking to people in UEFA this ng there is a genuine want for the 12 to be immediately dismissed from all UEFA club competitions - and for Real, Barcelona, AC Milan and Liverpool to be stripped of their badges of honour. Suffice to say there are a lot of angry people there.

Again, UEFA trying to take the moral high ground is beyond hilarious.

Just seems a very public game of high stakes brinksmanship to me played out between one set of multi-billionaires (club owners) with another set of multi-billionaires. (UEFA/ the associations.). Who are all as equally bad and self-serving as each other to their own financial ends.

UEFA and the PL have NO leverage to threaten banning clubs as they have NO product without them.

I can’t see the ESL happening at all as the club owners know there isn’t the appetite to push it through. Its just a power play against UEFA’s equally bollocks CL expansion to get them around the table and reaching a middle ground for the next CL evolution that benefits the clubs who bring in all the revenue and gives them a greater say.

Lol at people congratulating PSG 😂😂

The only reason PSG owners aren't for it is it will completely mess up the 2022 world cup which they've just spent however many billions organising.

Lol at people congratulating PSG 😂😂

The only reason PSG owners aren't for it is it will completely mess up the 2022 world cup which they've just spent however many billions organising.

The hypocrisy all over is

Loving the humongous bell end that is Jamie Carragher for instance getting all high and mighty moralistic.

***** never said a word when he was picking up his riches from the two cowboys who ripped L’pool to pieces.

The hypocrisy all over is

Loving the humongous bell end that is Jamie Carragher for instance getting all high and mighty moralistic.

***** never said a word when he was picking up his riches from the two cowboys who ripped L’pool to pieces.
Lol! Thoughts on the nee owners mate after this?

Melissa Reddy

@MelissaReddy_

Players were not consulted and aren't keen. Opinions of the managers that will now be in the spotlight and field questions about the Super League, were not taken into consideration. Club staff don't like it. The overwhelming majority of fans don't want this. It's on the owners

@tariqpanja
Just in, UEFA's executive committee has unanimously voted through the new 36 team Champions League to start in 2024. Among those that voted was Nasser al-Khelaifi, the PSG president.