'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 151K
Tried for about 7 games. It's a decent tactic for my Wolfsburg. My team scores quite easy but, also concedes way too easy.
In 7 games concedes 16 goals... many, many CCC's against my team.
Will look further.
Keep up the good work for others !

Update with Man Utd

Good so far, 18 games, 13 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses.
Dominating possession, high pressing games. Goals from all over! Jones nearly had a hat-trick from RB!!

Results after 18 games
View attachment 461258
5-0 vs Tottenham
View attachment 461257

Only games I haven't won are just from stupid FB's causing goals and one long goal kick from Begovic nodded over De Gea by Walters.

Very good tactic, great tactical idea too.

Tried for about 7 games. It's a decent tactic for my Wolfsburg. My team scores quite easy but, also concedes way too easy.
In 7 games concedes 16 goals... many, many CCC's against my team.
Will look further.
Keep up the good work for others !

7 games? You do know in this years FM that a tactic takes a month or 2 to know if it will be successful long-term?

Going to try this with my Leeds save,do you think it will work with the players they have to this day 2013/14

The tactic is decent at scoring a goal or two, but if you're getting put under pressure the opposing team will demolish you. In this FM it seems the AI is really good at applying pressure towards the end of a game and this tactic leaks goals in that period, i've found

The tactic is decent at scoring a goal or two, but if you're getting put under pressure the opposing team will demolish you. In this FM it seems the AI is really good at applying pressure towards the end of a game and this tactic leaks goals in that period, i've found
So do all tactics if you don't tighten up or have unfit players near the end of a game dude. Can you be more specific or provide evidence mate>? Can't fix or suggest anything if the feedback is just that if your attacked you lose goals under pressure. Every tactic has that.

Last edited:
So do all tactics if you don't tighten up or have unfit players near the en of a game dude.

Yeah. Its mainly because im tired and a bit frustrated, and im letting it out on the tactic. Any tips to tightening up the tactic in the last 20 minutes?

Yeah. Its mainly because im tired and a bit frustrated, and im letting it out on the tactic. Any tips to tightening up the tactic in the last 20 minutes?

Go from an attacking mentality to a standard one, or failing that defensive. and ask the players to "take a breather" to run the clock down dude. Essentially timewaste to buggery and backs to the walls, albeit the wall is at the halfway line :)

Go from an attacking mentality to a standard one, or failing that defensive. and ask the players to "take a breather" to run the clock down dude. Essentially timewaste to buggery and backs to the walls, albeit the wall is at the halfway line :)

Is this what you did at Everton? I've found that switching tactic to a more defensive one just seems to invite more pressure? I know i'm rambling by the way :)

Great tactic mate
Used it whit vvv venlo in the dutch 2nd division used it for 24 games as i was already halfway the season.
Was media prediction 4th became 1st and even won the cup final!!
played 24 games won 21 drew 3
scored 81 conceeded 21

1st game with Real
98hzKVZ.png

Brilliant this, What i want to know is what you do when you go down to 10,9 men?

It says the file cannot be imported gone into options>import>choose your tactic and says file cannot be imported any clues why not? Can you post another link for this please

I see im playing FM 2013/14 maybe thats why, will it work if you upload the tactic to FM13

I see im playing FM 2013/14 maybe thats why, will it work if you upload the tactic to FM13

The tactic was made for FM 14 on the new match engine under the new tactic system. It will not be easy to recreate in fm13 just for one person

No worries thank-you anyway may after look into buying the new game :)

Brilliant this, What i want to know is what you do when you go down to 10,9 men?

I take a CM or FC off depending on the scoreline. If I am winning then a FC, if I am drawing a CM. Also depends how early in the Game, generally always a FC would get taken off and I would amend the player instructions so the crosses are sent to the centre and not the near post.

Back