'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 151K
Great tactic mate
Used it whit vvv venlo in the dutch 2nd division used it for 24 games as i was already halfway the season.
Was media prediction 4th became 1st and even won the cup final!!
played 24 games won 21 drew 3
scored 81 conceeded 21
Glad to hear its worked well for you dude!

Going to have a full season with Spurs and let you know how I get on!

What would you do if you were 3-0 down at half time against the bottom side of the league with all players on highest morale? :) I'm really struggling away

What would you do if you were 3-0 down at half time against the bottom side of the league with all players on highest morale? :) I'm really struggling away
I have stated team talk instructions in the opening post.

Lost first game to Palace 1-0 which annoys me more than anything, any tactic takes 2 months to work and it's just about grinding results out while then.

Pretty sure it's the match engine, but zero clean sheets so far. And this one moments ago:

57Y9S.png

It's a great tactic though, but the defending could be improved. But as I said I believe it's the ME's fault.

Last edited:
Ok folks, I've given a reasonably detailed opening post for folks to read through. Finding on quite a few occasions now its not being referenced. All enquiries with regards to this tactic are now therefore directed to the opening post, the official SI forum thread or The Dugout threads (on this tactic), where I'll answer questions. If the tactic isn't working for you, it could be down to a variety of factors, hey it might even be that its not a 'diablo' (which it certainly isn't) and is therefore not invincible etc. Its a tactic created based on the philosophy of ultimate pressure. Its not designed to be a Match Engine breaker and no where do I state it is as such. If it works for you, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Either way, thanks for all your input and look forward to chatting to you all again once FM15 comes out. Good luck and hope all your FM14 gaming experiences are awesome.

Last edited:
Wanted a two striker formation for Celtic. I'll give it a go and see how it goes.

Although, there is an emphasis on defensive and hard-working players, obviously with top teams you have a lot of flair players at your disposal who are easily capable of playing with some risk in attack without compromising their defensive duties.

What would you suggest in this case? Is it still possible to play with a team like madrid/man united/chelsea where on the wings for example one would want to play the likes of ronaldo/nani and one would want to play midfielders like modric and oscar in the centre?

Although, there is an emphasis on defensive and hard-working players, obviously with top teams you have a lot of flair players at your disposal who are easily capable of playing with some risk in attack without compromising their defensive duties.

What would you suggest in this case? Is it still possible to play with a team like madrid/man united/chelsea where on the wings for example one would want to play the likes of ronaldo/nani and one would want to play midfielders like modric and oscar in the centre?

OP is not replying to this thread anymore so I'll just answer quickly. The tactic is based on high pressure and breaking up the play of your opponent. As long as you are playing people who are natural to their position you should be OK, but high work rate is pretty important. Think box to box players in general but flair doesn't mean the player is banned.

Also, if you just follow the OP, the tactic is very good. 2nd with Gladbach after 20 matches

Back