'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 151K
Working really well in the Finnish First Division with Ilves. Haven't made any changes and top of the league after 11 games.

This tactic is amazing, havent made any changes and got Blackburn promoted with the highest championship points tally ever with 108 and goals with 123. Also won the FA Cup beating Spurs in the final 2-1.

Only signed Vellios, Abdi Ibrahim and Nicky Shorey. Rhodes was on fire all season scoring 38.

Thankyou for the tactic, love it!

Edit: I should add that we dominated every game in pretty much every stat, but we were vulnerable to conceding on the counter attack. Even the FA cup final was 59% - 41% in our favour.

Last edited:
This is a realy great tactic. Playing with LFC and signed Damiao for a low sum. Got Javi Garcia on loan. Currently 2:nd, after 10 games.
At first, I had problem in the 2:nd half when the AI stated to push forward. Then I made an "defencive" tactic based on this one. Actually, I just took one striker and placed him as an DCM just in front of my back four. Did a few changes in the instructions aka "No offside trap" "play narrower" an so on. I change to this when I?m in front and the clock passes 70 min. 6 wins in a row.
Great tactic.

hi there, realy happy for all managers out there that this tactics does work, unfortunately this isn't the case for me. Realy like the idea of that tactics and would love my team to do well with it..... Applied that tactic on saved game like 15 games into the season as wasn't doing great and little before i knew i got sacked after a run of poor results in EPL . Started a new game with LFC again thinking that having all the pre-season friendlies would help for the team to gel ,but yet again having bad results straight away 1 point after 4 games and haven't played any of so called top 6 teams . Not sure what i am doing wrong ,but getting a bit desperate .....Not expecting to win the league in my first season ,but would like to stand a chance of qualifying for CL. This is hardest FM by far and myself not being footie expert probably will be very hard to get going . Would apretiate any help or advise from some one who was in a same or simmilar situation as i ,but later managed to get things sorted and fell in love with these tactics.PS : please don't give me advise such as - LFC is a **** team and i should choose some other club :-)

zydrunas, follow all the instructions in my post and you shouldn't go too far wrong. There are lots of reasons it might not work, from your team talks, to subs. Its not a 'diablo'.

This is a realy great tactic. Playing with LFC and signed Damiao for a low sum. Got Javi Garcia on loan. Currently 2:nd, after 10 games.
At first, I had problem in the 2:nd half when the AI stated to push forward. Then I made an "defencive" tactic based on this one. Actually, I just took one striker and placed him as an DCM just in front of my back four. Did a few changes in the instructions aka "No offside trap" "play narrower" an so on. I change to this when I?m in front and the clock passes 70 min. 6 wins in a row.
Great tactic.
could you put up your tweak of it please

zydrunas, follow all the instructions in my post and you shouldn't go too far wrong. There are lots of reasons it might not work, from your team talks, to subs. Its not a 'diablo'. Not claiming its a match engine breaker. All I know is, when I get my match prep, training, team talks and pick the fit and correct players for each position then I am doing well most matches.

could you put up your tweak of it please

Folks can I just state, when creating this tactic, it was an experiment initially to see if all the players COULD actually pressure from the front in an attacking philosophy. It was not intended to be an awesome tactic etc. If anyone can make changes and improve it then good luck to you. On that note. To the usual suspects, no plagiarism please.

Last edited:
Working on a new formation adopting the same concept. Will post tactic analysis and upload soon. This one should be defensively more sound.​

I really like this tactic, I find it effective, but with Liverpool I am struggling against everyone, I've put it on defensive positioning and have bought in some very good players as well.

Does maximum fluidity really make that much of a difference to 50%? If so, that would be great as mine is only half way fluid.

Love your tactic mate^^ I score a lots of goals but often when my team lead 3-1 for example, I concede 2 goals in the final minutes. Do you make adjustments when you want to keep a result ?

Abbes - where did you get your skin from mate? What is it called?

Make changes to slow thing down and take a breather near the end lads if your holding onto a lead.

Ok folks, I have tweaked the tactic and sorted the defensive **** ups. I will post the amended tactic tonight. Just testing it properly.

I'm sure It's gonna be Legendary^^

To avoid the ME to score 2-3 goals in the final quarter which is quite annoying, I have try this :

- Put the fullbacks and MCs into defensive role
- Team instruction : Take off offside, Mark tightly, play deeper, very low tempo.

Seems to works pretty well until now. Maybe change the mentality could also help to freeze the opposition attacks.

Sorry for my english, I'm French.

View attachment 460292

I couldn't ask for more as Arsenal fan. 1 goal behind n down to 10 man at half time . both Carzola n Ozil were injured :p Great tactic !!! havent seen something like this since goal galore one xD, pressing FTW, retain 55-60 possession most of time, good work xD

Back