Unexpected managers later in the game

SimonP

Reaction score
Just wondering which previous players on your games has ended up taking charge of a club, I'm in 2015 and I've had some rather strange choices to say the least!

Benni Mcarthy - Chelsea manager for 1 season ( They finished 11th)
Michael Owen - Blackpool manager
Gattusso - AC Milan manager
Clarence Seedorf - West Ham manager

Just a few I can think of quickly

2015/16 season
Frank Lampard got sacked as Everton manager
Gary Neville got the boot from Wolves
Xavi is a first team coach at Espanyol XD

Emile Heskey was Leicester manager for on mine, got them to the Prem and won the FA cup. One of the most promising young English managers XD.

Emile Heskey was Leicester manager for on mine, got them to the Prem and won the FA cup. One of the most promising young English managers XD.
Heskey was Leicester manager on 1 of my saves too

on my shakhtar save rio ferdinand toke over at man united after saf retired

Got abidal for one season at Paris Sant Germain as a player , then he retired , then he started to get all kinds of jobs over France and now has been at Caen for 5 seasons , he's got a continental rep and he and my manager have good relationship :p

2014/15 - Ricardo Gardner at Chelsea in his first season of management oO)

Better manager than player then :p

My save - was at Arsenal for 3-4 seasons, went to Athletico, after 1st season with them Pep Guardiola got Spain job and I applied for Barca job only to be Reject for their coach Robbie Keane to take over!!!

Keane: Didn't manager a previous team
Me: Won league title twice with Arsenal, Back to Back champions leagues, 1 Fa cup, 1 Carling, 1 CWC and a Community Shield, And 1 la liga with Athletico yet Keane gets picked over me ? WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING.

Gary Neville managed Liverpool on one of my saves. Was quite funny considering Rio took over Man Utd xD

frank lampard was manager of middlesborough on one of mine

i've got gerrard manageing liverpool , Owen manageing bristol (both former clubs ) and suprisingly Zanetti is now owner of Cardiff :O

Stephen Carr took the Blues job on mine 3 seasons in, was so proud ^^)

Gerrard managed Liverpool and Carragher managed Spurs. Carragher did well and got the FA cup in his first season and finished 5th (they finished 12th season before). Gerrard on the other hand finished 9th when Liverpool finished 4th the season before :mad:

Gary Neville appointed from youth coach at Aston Villa to Villa manager

Just wondering which previous players on your games has ended up taking charge of a club, I'm in 2015 and I've had some rather strange choices to say the least!

Benni Mcarthy - Chelsea manager for 1 season ( They finished 11th)
Michael Owen - Blackpool manager
Gattusso - AC Milan manager
Clarence Seedorf - West Ham manager

Just a few I can think of quickly
2019 jermain defoe sacked as barnet boss ;)

Van Nistelrooy manager of Exeter
Danny Higginbotham manager of Leicester
Ricardo Gardner manager of Swansea