'Up the mariners!' A Grimsby Town story

• Thread starter Thread starter Danarouso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 27K
APRIL UPDATE

HARTLEPOOL UNITED 0-0 PORTSMOUTH

A boring game really, no clear-cut chances for either side so the draw was a fair result. Still though, ending this game on a positive thought: 9 games unbeaten! (MOTM: Horwood) (Att: 6,189)

HARTLEPOOL UNITED 0-0 STEVENAGE

Ultimatley another stalemate but we played well apart from our strikers - They were poor and need to take more responsibility. (Att: 5,834)

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-1 HARTLEPOOL UNITED

This draw was warranted by a fantastic performance by the lads - A very good draw at the promoted Yorkshire club, this draw has also confirmed them as champions which makes the draw even better. (Scorer: Sampson) (MOTM: Tunnicliffe) (Att: 24,137)

HARTLEPOOL UNITED 4-1 OXFORD UNITED

A great way to end the season, capped off the end of the season by demolishing Oxford United who were sadly relegated to L2 - Sorry WarroOxford! But i'm sure they would do it back to us if they were in our position! 12 games unbeaten.. brilliant. (Scorers: Warnett X3, Tunnicliffe) (MOTM: Warnett) (Att: 5,223)
PLAYER OF THE MONTH (HUFC)

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Ryan wins the award this month because he has performed the best out of everybody else - My old boy Fanimo was close after he regained full-fitness but Ryan pips the award for this final month and has even chipped a few goals in.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 298348

MAY UPDATE

(Contract news: Daniel Powell signs a new 2-year contract with Hartlepool United)
(League 1 news: Daniel Powell's goal against Bristol Rovers in February is named the second best goal of the season)
(League 2 news: Nakhi Wells' goal against Mansfield Town for Grimsby Town whilst i was manager was named goal of the season for League 2 - the goal was scored in early September)

WHO WAS RELEGATED FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP?

Middlesbrough (Local rivals - good financial incentive)
Bristol City
Colchester United

WHO WAS PROMOTED TO LEAGUE ONE?

Brentford
Barnsley
Rochdale
Crewe Alexandra

(Grimsby watch: Grimsby finished 4th, missing out on 3rd place by goal difference to Rochdale and were defeated in the play-off semi final against Crewe 3-2 on agg - Crewe went on to be promoted to league one)

CROWTHER QUESTIONS HARTLEPOOLS AMBITION - POOLS BOSS NO LONGER?

Hartlepool under-fire manager Dan Crowther may not be at the club for much longer as it has been reported there has been a huge disagreement between the former Grimsby man and current Hartlepool chairman Chris Mowbray who took over the club earlier this year - This is just a mere report but it could prove factual as there has been a previous rift between Crowther and Mowbray.

CROWTHER HAS GONE

Speculation was mounting within the last 10 minutes and now the rumours have appeared true - Dan Crowther has resigned as Hartlepool United manager following apparant disagreements with the clubs transfer/wages budget and also the clubs direction - A theory amounted with journalists that not much of the money which the club gained from previous transfer sales in the last few seasons was recouped for Crowther's budget and this was one of the possible reasons for his departure - But either way Hartlepool will now be looking for a new manager and Crowther will be looking for a new role in Football.

CROWTHER APPOINTED BLUES BOSS - SEPTEMBER 2016

Struggling league one side Birmingham City have appointed ex-Grimsby and Hartlepool boss Dan Crowther as manager. Crowther was last seen managing another struggling club in Hartlepool United but after disagreements in pre-season Crowther departed the North East club and finds himself back into football management a few months later managing another struggling club in league one but Crowther is confident with his new club: 'I believe at Birmingham I can now finally progress as a manager and the club will progress with me - At Hartlepool they were some dilemmas we encountered and sadly I ended up leaving but I hope none of that will occur here and that this will be a big success!'

THE TABLE

View attachment 298359

CLUB INFORMATION

View attachment 298360

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Well 3rd club in about 4 years and not many honours to talk about and I often see honours in different story's quite regular so if you do like the owner of the story winning honours unfortunately it hasn't quite happened yet but I did win the blue square playoff final remember? But still i am enjoying this story as it's a lower-league one and I am quite fond of the lower leagues and the reality of the difficulty it can bring but eventually I think i will win something but the real question is are you enjoying this?? Feedback will be welcomed!

SEPTEMBER UPDATE

(Other news: Nathan Pond was appointed manager of Hartlepool in pre-season - Gutted in a way because he is a brilliant coach and a good friend but good luck to him!)

BIRMINGHAM CITY 0-1 TRANMERE ROVERS

Not the best of starts and to be fair a very stale game really - We just fell to an early goal and the game fizzled out after that but we were much improved after half time. (Att: 14,053)

(TRANSFER NEWS: Blackburn striker Edinho Junior joins the club on loan for 3 months)

BIRMINGHAM CITY 0-2 BARNSLEY

This result looks bad but really, it isnt as bad as it seems as Barnsley are the current league leaders by 4 points but once again, another poor first-half performance has resulted in a defeat this time by an Xisco-inspired Barnsley side. (Att: 12,036)

(TRANSFER NEWS: Kayleden Brown joins Blue Square Premier side Chester on a one-month loan deal)
(TRANSFER NEWS: Rodolph Austin joins The Blues on a one-year contract)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH (BCFC)

ANDRE WISDOM

Andre has impressed me the most in my first 2 games with his brilliant efforts in the games and it's a possibility that the games would have turned worst without him - He does remind me of David Stephens (Don't know him? Check the Grimsby days) and even has better stats than him so that is very promising and it will be even more promising if he keeps up this consistency till the rest of the season!

yeah still loving it...dissapointed u left hartlepool united but gd luck with the brummies

well done getting out of relegation and am happy to see your progressing well. i got my ebbsfleet team into the championship but am struggling and i havent played it in a little.

well done getting out of relegation and am happy to see your progressing well. i got my ebbsfleet team into the championship but am struggling and i havent played it in a little.
Incredible achievement in getting them into the championship! I'm sure since you've been at the club for a while you will turn it around and thanks! - The relegation battle was fun but Hartlepools ambition wasn't despite having money stored up in the bank.. but still a good achievement in keeping them up as most of their players were conference-level quality.

great work ur doing keep it up and the brummies will bk back in the prem in no time at all

who are you looking to bring in player wise in the new season?

who are you looking to bring in player wise in the new season?

Haven't really thought that far ahead just yet! I plan on getting the club promoted this year though despite lacking in some areas which probably won't be addressed in January due to our finances not being set in stone but still, I think if we play well we should be in the top-6 at least with no problem at all.

OCTOBER UPDATE

PRESTON NORTH END 0-2 BIRMINGHAM CITY

Our first win under me comes at Deepdale against a Preston side who are bottom of the table, never the less it still was a good win for us and one to build on. (Scorer: Edinho Junior X2) (MOTM: Edinho Junior) (Att: 8, 535)

(TRANSFER NEWS: Phillip Roberts joins The Blues on a free transfer)

BURTON ALBION 2-2 BIRMINGHAM CITY (BIRMINGHAM WIN 2-0 ON PENALTIES) (JPT 2ND SOUTHERN ROUND)

Quite a poor game for us as we were 2-0 up but Burton had a mare in the penalties to help us progress in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.. (Scorers: Junior, Bunn) (Att: 1,497)
BIRMINGHAM CITY 6-2 BRENTFORD

A great all round performance and a very good win over Brentford.. one of the best performances of my career so far for sure. (Scorers: Bennett, Junior, Rooney X2, Papali, Darby) (MOTM: Rooney) (Att: 10,463)

(The Blues draw Dagenham and Redbridge away in the JPT southern quarter final)

CARLISLE UNITED 2-2 BIRMINGHAM CITY

Disappointed, very very disappointed to be 2 goals up and then to blow it.. same old story as the Burton game. (Scorers: Baah, Ambrose) (Att: 4,941)

BIRMINGHAM CITY 2-0 EXETER CITY

A decent win over a good Exeter side, a good way to bounce back from the Carlisle result. (Scorer: Roberts X2) (MOTM: Roberts) (Att: 9,101)

NOTTS COUNTY 0-0 BIRMINGHAM CITY

Stale and boring game to end the season, the performance didn't help either as it was an equally poor performance. (Att: 9,662)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH (BCFC)

Edinho Junior

Before scoring 5 games all together this month, Edinho went without scoring a goal for 400+ minutes so he has done very well to bounce back - His goals will fire us up the table!

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 304514

Nice to see someone else starting with the mariners. I'm currently managing them in 2029 and iv managed to get them fighting for champions league football.

Back