Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
NOTICE THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGES IN THE MATCH ENGINE.

THIS IS AN UPDATE FIXING CRASHES AND THE ISSUE WITH SPEED PLAYING ONLINE. AS SOON AS SI FEEL THEY HAVE A PATCH READY WITH ME CHANGES, THEY WILL RELEASE THAT ONE TO

Here is a quote from Neil Brock, Sports Interactive

"UPDATE 13.2.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

I’m very pleased to be able to announce the latest update for Football Manager 2013, 13.2.2 is now available. As always the update is save game compatible allowing you to continue your current save game, and we’ve provided a change list below.

To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.

Once updated the version number will be 13.2.2, more specifically the full version numbers are listed below:

PC: 342835
Mac: 342857

As with the previous updates there are no database changes, if you start a new game the database number will remain 13.0.0.

Many thanks.

change list 13.2.2

- Optimised match processing speed for network clients
- Fixed crash during processing linked to co-ownerships
- Fixed crash during processing linked to missing stadium data
- Fixed state saving of staff responsibility setting for match preparation (FMC)"

Last edited:
thats a suprise its not as if the M.E needs fixing :/

thats a suprise its not as if the M.E needs fixing :/

WEll, if these totally gamebreaking bugs have been fixed and the ME issues are yet totally fixed, do you think SI should wait with releasing it, so those playing Online cant play ?

Most boring update ever. It should really be called 13.2.1.1

WEll, if these totally gamebreaking bugs have been fixed and the ME issues are yet totally fixed, do you think SI should wait with releasing it, so those playing Online cant play ?

im quite happy to wait for the M.E update if their working hard on fixing the bugs it would of just been nice to have atleast the long shots fixed for me thats the only thing thats spoiling it

im quite happy to wait for the M.E update if their working hard on fixing the bugs it would of just been nice to have atleast the long shots fixed for me thats the only thing thats spoiling it

The thing is though, that players taking longshots is an knockon effect of players around the ballholder NOT taking runs, making movement. This also effects the way that the whole defending team just backs off when a player is coming against them with higher pace. WEhen this issue has been tweaked, both the "crossing bug and shooting bug" will be toned down.

I just finished my first match and the game felt not the same.
The number of longshots has gone down.
The midfielders are more bold and they try to pass the ball forward instead of always playing the "safe back pass".
A lot of shots hitting the posts also.

It seems to me like someone turned back the clock and i'm playing the previous update.

I also had a ridiculous decision from the refery, dissallowing a goal for offside on the player inside the yellow circle!!

View attachment 298527

Here are the stats...
View attachment 298529

Bud, you played one match. That's a pretty small sample size to accuse the SI staff of lying, wouldn't you say?

Is it just me, or has the unwanted list stopped working with this update? I put players on it, and nothing happens. It doesn't even start offering them.

What they should be addressing from me and at least millions of other FM13 users is,why has the online rubbish not been sorted,never mind any of this other bulls***
To be annoyed right now is a major freekin understatement!!!

Is it just me, or has the unwanted list stopped working with this update? I put players on it, and nothing happens. It doesn't even start offering them.

yeh ive notriced the same,u add them and it does jack ....

Bud, you played one match. That's a pretty small sample size to accuse the SI staff of lying, wouldn't you say?

I never accused anyone actually....
I just said that the first match felt different and showed you the stats.

Yes, it was only one match.
After that the ME started producing the same familiar **** we all know! :)
This is the next match...

View attachment 298561

(I watch my matches in "full', so all the stats are produced by the ME in real time...)

I never accused anyone actually....
I just said that the first match felt different and showed you the stats.

Yes, it was only one match.
After that the ME started producing the same familiar **** we all know! :)
This is the next match...

View attachment 298561

(I watch my matches in "full', so all the stats are produced by the ME in real time...)
Fair enough, you didn't exactly accuse them, but it felt strongly implied. The long shots thing is interesting, since I've never had that problem. I find some of the off the ball movement infuriating (defenders not going for 50-50 balls, etc.), but I've never had too many long shots. Maybe it's just because I don't watch enough of the highlights.

Thank God there are no ME changes.. I've literally only just made a tactic that actually works well against the current ME..
I always make decent tactics then wihtin a few days there are some ME changes and my tactics become more and more inconsistent..

Thank God there are no ME changes.. I've literally only just made a tactic that actually works well against the current ME..
I always make decent tactics then wihtin a few days there are some ME changes and my tactics become more and more inconsistent..

I think the current ME is worse than the 13.1.1 ME. The long shots are a joke, it seems the more they fiddle with it the more problems they seem to create.

Is it just my ****** computer, or does nobody else's FM games look nearly as good quality as those shown in the picture from LongShadow ?

I think the current ME is worse than the 13.1.1 ME. The long shots are a joke, it seems the more they fiddle with it the more problems they seem to create.

See I'm the other way round, I did not like how it easy it was to bypass a defence with a wide through. The longshots were a very nasty knock on from the dribblers. Also off the ball movement can be improved, its all a knock on from issues in decision making. The problem isn't really number of longshots, but why they take the long shot in the first place.

I think they missed it in the rush to get it out before Christmas, so i hope they take a longer time over it. But you can still also minimise it, the issue is much worse if you are not creating space and avenues to attack for your players, so even if the issues are sorted, if people are not doing this in their approach they will still see excess shots.

I would say its about 75% ME 25% tactical. You can minimise through well crafted approaches, but there will time times when there is nothing you can do until the issue is sorted

it's not even downloading through steam, how do i get the update manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.