Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this for real?

I have been getting over 24 shots per game, regardless of opposition and regardless of home or away..

45 is by far the most I have ever seen before and usually, pre season friendlies, especially against Asian teams and US teams are pretty tough regardless...

View attachment 300721

Welcome to the long shot bug.

can someone give me link, I can't find it
thanks in advance

The most annoying things for me is the fact:

1) The defenders just like to watch the other team play and never seem to make a tackle.

2) A simple through ball and your defenders watch the ball and think "What do I do now?"

3) My wingers always drifting inwards and taking shots even though they are set to run the wing.

I can deal with long shots, but it does get annoying when Carrick has the ball 30 yards out, Hernandez makes a run and all Carrick would have to do is tap it to him and Hernandez has a one-on-one...but instead he thinks he's superman and tries an effort from 30ish yards out and it goes as close to the goal as the M25 is as close to Old Trafford....

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying things for me is the fact:

1) The defenders just like to watch the other team play and never seem to make a tackle.

2) A simple through ball and your defenders watch the ball and think "What do I do now?"

3) My wingers always drifting inwards and taking shots even though they are set to run the wing.

I can deal with long shots, but it does get annoying when Carrick has the ball 30 yards out, Hernandez makes a run and all Carrick would have to do is tap it to him and Hernandez has a one-on-one...but instead he thinks he's superman and tries an effort from 30ish yards out and it goes as close to the goal as the M25 is as close to Old Trafford....

I don't understand :-
1. Why my wingers and strikers always try to long shot rather than passing the ball, my instruction and tactical is that they should long shot rarely
2. Why my defender always just run near the ball but not get the ball? just let the ball get by the opponest
3. There are too many unnecessary running of my players

Shame my comment was deleted as I can't remember what I put. More of a shame though, is the fact I haven't played the game for 2 months as I can't see the point. Unless things are sorted, I doubt I'll ever go back to it, which given how poor 2012 was, may mean I never bother again. I said before, that having followed the series I have probably spent over £300 on all the previous FM releases. It's a real shame because they managed to sort out the winger and AMC problems that were in the 1012 edition, but now we have inside forwards running the length of the pitch unchallenged. How there aren't more goals than there are I don't know. I don't think I'd be exagerating in saying I've only seen one through ball played in the first 3rd of a season either. Another issue is the long shot issue. Why Ramires and Mikel think they can shoot from where they are is beyond me. Maybe it's me, maybe this game is beyond me. Still, not to worry, because at it stands, I'm not going back and being frustrated. In fact, I may not ever buy this game again.

TBH, we already know there are some issues, and that there is an upcoming patch. So be patient.

The 1021 edition? How long have you been playing this game for?! oO):p

Still the best FM IMO. Football as it should be played, on a pitch several miles wide, with two teams of a hundred a side trying to get an actual pig's bladder to the next church steeple by any means necessary. No ****** contracts or transfer fees as the serfs have to live and work where you tell them. I would have taken Ludgate to Ye Champions League if it hadn't been for that bubonic plague crisis.

Still the best FM IMO. Football as it should be played, on a pitch several miles wide, with two teams of a hundred a side trying to get an actual pig's bladder to the next church steeple by any means necessary. No ****** contracts or transfer fees as the serfs have to live and work where you tell them. I would have taken Ludgate to Ye Champions League if it hadn't been for that bubonic plague crisis.

On this game saying I've just got ricketts takes on a new meaning.....and its not the former bolton and england(well 1 cap) striker

I was really looking forward to the patch this weekend, because of all the ME bugs ruining my matches.. Then I started a new save with Man. Utd. just for fun, and it was like a completely different game! Long shots and indifferent defenders is now history, and United are now playing wonderful offensive football! (Valencia with 13 goals and 33 assists on 47 games!)
I have conceded a couple of goals caused by disasterous play from either goalkeeper or defenders, but this happens only from time to time now, and it feels like its a realistic part of the game, rather than an irritating bug.. Anyone else who noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.