Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not even downloading through steam, how do i get the update manually?

Its steam only. If you have been online with steam all the time, there is a good chnace that its already updated

Check the game status, does it say 13.2.2 ?

If not, then quit FM, restart Steam and mak sure that you are online with it and and let it update it for you

Most boring update ever. It should really be called 13.2.1.1
For me it's not boring m8. I can finally play the game, it doesn't crash on July 2nd 2013 anymore. For me and other thousands of players this might be the best update ever:)

For me it's not boring m8. I can finally play the game, it doesn't crash on July 2nd 2013 anymore. For me and other thousands of players this might be the best update ever:)

Don't take me seriously mate. Most of my comments are tongue in cheek. Glad its improved your game experience.

See I'm the other way round, I did not like how it easy it was to bypass a defence with a wide through. The longshots were a very nasty knock on from the dribblers. Also off the ball movement can be improved, its all a knock on from issues in decision making. The problem isn't really number of longshots, but why they take the long shot in the first place.

I think they missed it in the rush to get it out before Christmas, so i hope they take a longer time over it. But you can still also minimise it, the issue is much worse if you are not creating space and avenues to attack for your players, so even if the issues are sorted, if people are not doing this in their approach they will still see excess shots.

I would say its about 75% ME 25% tactical. You can minimise through well crafted approaches, but there will time times when there is nothing you can do until the issue is sorted

I dont watch the matches, I play the game the old fashioned way looking at text and stats. The last ME seemed much more stable to me with teams having about 8-12 shots a game. Now teams are having anything up to 50 shots a match, thats just crazy. I know its other issues causing this but im still confused. This can't of been properly tested before they released it.

****...this def woke me up! Then i saw what the update was about...I think im gonna go back to sleep!
Not sayin its hopeless update, just hopeless for me.
But has someone else has said id much rather them to take their time with the next one, an properly test it before releasing :)
Cant wait to see what it does..and see what other problems arise lol
ALL i want them to do really is make it so my players do what i want them to do..like if i want my wide players to dribble, they dribble, even if they get tackled all the time! I know its alot easier said than done!
Keep up the good, if sometimes ok work SI :)

****...this def woke me up! Then i saw what the update was about...I think im gonna go back to sleep!
Not sayin its hopeless update, just hopeless for me.
But has someone else has said id much rather them to take their time with the next one, an properly test it before releasing :)
Cant wait to see what it does..and see what other problems arise lol
ALL i want them to do really is make it so my players do what i want them to do..like if i want my wide players to dribble, they dribble, even if they get tackled all the time! I know its alot easier said than done!
Keep up the good, if sometimes ok work SI :)

Yep, its much easier to spend more days testing, than release it early and then have to try and fix knock on issues.

Having just compared FM12 and FM13 side by side I have to admit how much more realistic FM13 is, except, of course, for the long shot bug and players running away from 50/50 and even 60/40 challenges!

Having admitted that FM13 is more realistic, I also have to say that it's a lot less exciting as a result of the added realism.

Plug and play tactics no longer work. Tactics have to be specifically created and tailored to a particular team, players and even opposition. Which makes the tactics downloads on this site fairly irrelevant, unless, of course, you're lazy enough to always go with Man U or Barca for your save!

I have found that team talks and opposition instructions are now much more important, as in the real game, and cannot be totally ignored, as was the case for most people with previous versions of the game.

Even though I have still only managed to get past the first season once in my 9 saves so far, I am beginning to enjoy the game more. Each update slightly improves the experience and hopefully, in the near future, all the major bugs will have been removed. However, it would have been better had SI not been in such a hurry to rush the game out before xmas and concentrated more on thorough testing in order to release a more polished product. It should not have been left to the paying customer to do the testing for them, which was obviously the case and very lazy!

Last edited:
So has this solved the online problem then? If so giving serious consideration to doing an online match at some point now that I have my game issues rectified

it says no match engine changes ok on fm12 you tick the box long shots rarely which means they do it rarely i can except 1-3 long shots as rarely since this patch has come out rarely to fm means 20 -30 per half thats not rarely...! no fm 13 is supposed to be realistic im a sheff utd fan i follow league 1 football for my sins and i can tell you now this wouldnt happen in any league 1 game in real lifeView attachment 298929 im coventry and all my players are ticked long shots rarely and before this patch i would have 5-6 a game after the patch im having 15-20 every game why?

it says no match engine changes ok on fm12 you tick the box long shots rarely which means they do it rarely i can except 1-3 long shots as rarely since this patch has come out rarely to fm means 20 -30 per half thats not rarely...! no fm 13 is supposed to be realistic im a sheff utd fan i follow league 1 football for my sins and i can tell you now this wouldnt happen in any league 1 game in real lifeView attachment 298929 im coventry and all my players are ticked long shots rarely and before this patch i would have 5-6 a game after the patch im having 15-20 every game why?

They can only take realism so far.......I just had Michael Doyle get Man of the Match in my last Blades game!.....get your finger out SI! On the other hand, Dave Kitson tore his hamstring and is out for 3 months, plus all my left-backs are on on the injured list too!

This will mean nothing to anyone outside Sheffield.....but it really is art immitating life!

Last edited:
To be fair that's Championship manager though, were discussing Football Manager which is a far superior game.

I know but still a valid point, it is fm and not cm so less to complain about. :)

The M.E discussion is boring now from my point of view,if you dont like it simple if you do like me,great.But what i would say its a computer game remember and not ****** real life,and it is ten times better than CM if you ask me which was a shambles if there everwas one!!!

The M.E discussion is boring now from my point of view,if you dont like it simple if you do like me,great.But what i would say its a computer game remember and not ****** real life,and it is ten times better than CM if you ask me which was a shambles if there everwas one!!!

Exactly, if people think fm 2013 is bad, just play cm.

anyone know when the ME update will come out or the latest update after Jan? wanting to start a new game but prefer it being updated before..

is this for real?

I have been getting over 24 shots per game, regardless of opposition and regardless of home or away..

45 is by far the most I have ever seen before and usually, pre season friendlies, especially against Asian teams and US teams are pretty tough regardless...

View attachment 300721

Status
Not open for further replies.