UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

How do i get the update?? My FM says its still using Version 1.0 ?? Any help guys, cheers

Providing you have Steam online and are not running FM at the time, the update is automatic.

Providing you have Steam online and are not running FM at the time, the update is automatic.

I havent noticed any difference to be honest. A Dark skin and that is about it. I also do not know how to check if i have the update or not.

I havent noticed any difference to be honest. A Dark skin and that is about it. I also do not know how to check if i have the update or not.

Go to Game Status whilst playing the game. Version number will start with 13.2.0.

If you have the dark skin, you have the update

Believe me if the patch was wank the mods would say so. We are in no way under any orders to suck up to SI Or their game and when criticism was warranted we've given it. I've only played a couple of games on new patch so can't really comment but it seems better. Injuries certainly seemed to have calmed down. Most gripes on here seem to be with crashing. This could be caused by not using the editor properly or using downloaded skins kits and badges etc.

I got 6 injuries in my first 3 games :(

Believe me if the patch was wank the mods would say so. We are in no way under any orders to suck up to SI Or their game and when criticism was warranted we've given it. I've only played a couple of games on new patch so can't really comment but it seems better. Injuries certainly seemed to have calmed down. Most gripes on here seem to be with crashing. This could be caused by not using the editor properly or using downloaded skins kits and badges etc.

This in a nutshell. It frankly gets boring that people say someone is defending the game when they point out an issue might not be an issue. Which is why i tend to avoid most posts than wildly exaggerate. No information in those posts at all

Seems like a few guys are making sweeping generalizations after only a few matches. But I guess that's a fun thing to do so here's mine.

Seems like dribbling has been ramped up a heap. I use the 4231 Balanced Control tactic with Crewe, and my AP had about 19 dribbles last match.

Like the fact that free kicks go in now. Set pieces was a stat almost not worth chasing, but now they are going in, it will be more important and maybe even worth training def set pieces. Which I've never bothered with before.

Never had a crash dump before the update, 3 games into the update some sort of runtime error! Bollocks

Yeah same here.

Lagging loads then crashes. Crashed 3 times tonight only got a week played! Given up for the night now.

Players like to go on crazy dribbling runs like they did on FM12 which is slightly annoying because they skip past about 6 players whilst doing so.

That being said, freekicks are going in a lot more now which is nice and my team as a whole is playing better so no complaints from me.

I'm a bit miffed that they haven't sorted out rep/attendance issues in Northern Ireland. My Wakehurst team, from 2nd division to NIP, with 8 trophies along the way, and European games, are still only selling 6 more season tickets than from when I took over. Attendances are generally tiny, and my club rep is still 20th, despite winning the league last season and finishing second the season before. Players are considerably harder to attract than last year, too. Lots of weird little bugs like this are slightly ruining for me.

After the patch was installed I had two goals within about four matches where the player went outside the defensive line, dribbled along the byline unchallenged by any of the defenders in his way, then beat the keeper at his near post. Obviously this patch is rubbish.

Only joking. :p I play in the Brazilian second division, so this sort of defensive incompetence is completely normal to me.

13.2.0 been great so far. As I like play in possession all the way. Passing accuracy is now improving, maybe need couple week as the tactic fluid.
But is still what I see there's no improving in the defending section. Also like you guys mentioned before, the dribbling is so killing.

I think the match engine is now worse apart from scoring freekicks as has already been mentioned, scored my first direct freekick in 2 and a half seasons.

I never had any real complaints with the me before this update but what I've seen so far is less than impressive. Players blasting the ball 100mph to each other and the receiver controls it easy as you like, goalkeepers are more retarded than ever doing goalkicks along the ground to opposition forwards and other moronic things as mentioned by someone else( so far my keeper has been fairly sensible but oppositions have not, so that's something at least.
Also I have noticed alot more long shots from my players however I have just made a change to tactics so I don't know if the me is to blame for that.

Players still not reacting to the ball I might put up an example later if I figure out how.

Ive noticed another bug on my save...
On training, i have defaults set to high and balanced, but every week that pops up at the bottom of the schedule says very low.
so i have to change it each time...not exactly hard work but still

I have changed to the dark-skin..could that be causing it?

Edit: I done as said above (changed intensity to high from very low), then went back to normal white skin an they have changed back to very low again :O

Last edited:
the biggest thing for me is the defenders positions my full backs going to center back while my center backs close the wingers down then a cross coming in and the oppo score an easy header due to my full backs being short, what makes it worse is it only affects me not the AI seeing a lot of people complaining about the same issue makes me think its the ME not my tactic, also i like the dribbling now i have a load of player with good drib and previously it was quite pointless it was often pace not skill that beat the oppo player
Ive noticed another bug on my save...
On training, i have defaults set to high and balanced, but every week that pops up at the bottom of the schedule says very low.
so i have to change it each time...not exactly hard work but still

I have changed to the dark-skin..could that be causing it?
i've noticed that but i think i noticed it before the patch i believe it was because my assistant takes charge of match training and it was in the busy xmas period so he must've dropped it to ensure the players recover more

I have played 4-5 games with the new patch (not an extensive, I know). Here's what I thought:

Pros

- Football looks and plays better. The Passing in the first two thirds of the pitch has greatly improved.
- Less Goals. There seem to be less 4-2s and 3-3s and more 2-1s and 1-1s.
- Less Goals from Crosses. Heading while challenged seems to be harder.

Cons

- Long Dribbling Runs through the Centre. This was a problem that was fixed in the second patch (although it nerfed AMCs a bit), but has come back in this patch where a player just cuts inside from the wing and dribbles unchallenged to the edge of the box.
- More Long Shots. My players seem to be taking more long shots even though I always have the "Work Ball into Box" shout on, although this could be happening because I need to tweak my tactics as my players may be running out of options with the new movement.

Overall, I think this patch has improved the game marginally, although I have won all my games so far so I'll probably say I hate it when I lose :p I think the main thing is the football and goals look better with a lot more coming from good movement and passing.

Regens nerfed?

Since the update, my team gets no good new youth players coming through, despite top youth facilities, excellent youth training and a well established recruitment network. Nothing above 1 star potential after about 15 tries. Anyone else getting this issue?

I'm also having the same issue dprk I tested with Barcelona, Arsenal and various top youth facilities teams and the best youth I get is a two stars guy