Its hard to keep clean sheets on away games. I think thats the nature of this game.

I've got 11 clean sheets in 17 home games. GF - 107. GA - 9.

I've only got 4 clean sheets in 17 away games. GF - 78. GA - 21.

This is just halfway through the season. Will see how it goes.

I'm trying the stopper - cover tweak on the CD. Maybe that'll improve the already impressive stats.

Last edited:
Finished 2nd season with Rosenborg.

View attachment 283569View attachment 283568

Won the league in style again. Better than last year even though we lost one game. You can see how that one went down here. Typical "getting *FM'ed* style defeat.

View attachment 283577

We got the through to the Champions Cup group stages and drew Man Utd, PSG and Olympiakos.

View attachment 283570

After drawing at home to Olympiakos and getting the usual "undeserved" hammering away to Man Utd I didn't have much hope of getting further.

View attachment 283571

Before the PSG game I decided to just try to make some changes to the defense. I changed team instructions like this.

View attachment 283576

I also removed tight marking on the central defenders and added hard tackling. I also removed tight marking on the inverted wing backs and changed their passing to short instead of difrect, and added hard tackling. No other changes. I also let my assistant (Jaap Stam) do OIs.

I'm not sure if the changes actually worked, but here's the results in the last 4ECC games.

View attachment 283572View attachment 283573View attachment 283574View attachment 283575

Totally insane results at home against PSG and Man Utd. We still conceded a few as you see, but honestly my team is so far below these teams in terms of ability we should be crushed by them.

It's honestly really hard to tell if the tweaks I made make a difference, cause my team should not be beating these teams in the first place.

Its hard to keep clean sheets on away games. I think thats the nature of this game.

I've got 11 clean sheets in 17 home games. GF - 107. GA - 9.

I've only got 4 clean sheets in 17 away games. GF - 78. GA - 21.

This is just halfway through the season. Will see how it goes.

I'm trying the stopper - cover tweak on the CD. Maybe that'll improve the already impressive stats.

i experienced the same thing as shown by the home/away table listed in the OP, that season i played every game with both CBs @defend duty..

what tweaks mate? i changed the iwb to standard wb and the vwm to a defend duty. didnt see much difference to be honest but will keep trying

Ive played lots of games with them as WB support before landing on IWB, WBsupp i great going forward and by playing through balls, but i was disappointed by how they act in defence..

Well 3 out of 4 games I had clean sheets then away at inter in champions league I conceded 3 so it's hard to tell
Sounds promising, but this is where it gets hard, i guess one need to play an entire season with these settings and then compare results..

With a new tweak I've only conceded 5 in 10 including 6 clean sheets

View attachment 814655View attachment 814658

Won the league in style again. Better than last year even though we lost one game. You can see how that one went down here. Typical "getting *FM'ed* style defeat.

View attachment 814633

We got the through to the Champions Cup group stages and drew Man Utd, PSG and Olympiakos.

View attachment 814652

After drawing at home to Olympiakos and getting the usual "undeserved" hammering away to Man Utd I didn't have much hope of getting further.

View attachment 814649

Before the PSG game I decided to just try to make some changes to the defense. I changed team instructions like this.

View attachment 814636

I also removed tight marking on the central defenders and added hard tackling. I also removed tight marking on the inverted wing backs and changed their passing to short instead of difrect, and added hard tackling. No other changes. I also let my assistant (Jaap Stam) do OIs.

I'm not sure if the changes actually worked, but here's the results in the last 4ECC games.

View attachment 814648View attachment 814645View attachment 814642View attachment 814639

Totally insane results at home against PSG and Man Utd. We still conceded a few as you see, but honestly my team is so far below these teams in terms of ability we should be crushed by them.

It's honestly really hard to tell if the tweaks I made make a difference, cause my team should not be beating these teams in the first place.
That's some great results man. This just show this tactics works with lower teams. You cant expect to keep clean sheets against PSG and Man Utd but at least you outscore them. Good enough for me. Awesome

4 away and 6 home also just conceded two more in the next game away both from crosses nearly impossible to defend

Not working at all for me. First game I lost to Burnley. This is the second game. Just terrible defense all around, doesn't make up for the offense.

View attachment 283423

View attachment 814655View attachment 814658

View attachment 814633

View attachment 814652

View attachment 814649

View attachment 814636

View attachment 814648View attachment 814645View attachment 814642View attachment 814639

Those results are insane! Bravo!

I have tried this tactic on a 15 game trial with Chelsea, no need to post results as it was 15 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats. Scored 42 goals in those games and 31 of which came either directly or indirectly from set pieces. The set pieces offensively are near perfect (throw in's, corners) and get enough of these you'll win any match as the other teams morale takes a beating.

Defensively lost 21 goals. Alot to be tweaked on. Absolutely outstanding tactic though and kudos to the creator. Just think, if you wanted, you could shore up that defence alot. The midfield is where the battles are lost. Finding the AP's doing heehaw and the IWB's getting caught out of position. Anyways, that aside its an outstanding piece of work.

I'll be honest, I'm knicking the corners and throw in set pieces for future use :)

Last edited:
Not working at all for me. First game I lost to Burnley. This is the second game. Just terrible defense all around, doesn't make up for the offense.

View attachment 815064
im also experiencing some terrible defending in my new LFC game, players seem good enough but its just not clicking as i was hoping, only thing i can think of is gelling or familiarity, i've changed my training to "team coheasian" for the time beeing, hopeing that will improve things. The LFC defence plus Balanta certinly should be good enough. And def better than the defenders of Rosenborg, and we have seen what they could do with this tac(H)

I think I can echo what Chris says! Set pieces this is incredible but defensively horrendous at times! Defence gets sorted it would easily be hands down the best tactic I've tried

im also experiencing some terrible defending in my new LFC game, players seem good enough but its just not clicking as i was hoping, only thing i can think of is gelling or familiarity, i've changed my training to "team coheasian" for the time beeing, hopeing that will improve things. The LFC defence plus Balanta certinly should be good enough. And def better than the defenders of Rosenborg, and we have seen what they could do with this tac(H)

Do you mind if I give it a go with some def. tweaks? And what team shuld I test with?

Do you mind if I give it a go with some def. tweaks? And what team shuld I test with?

Knock yourself out :) any team you want, i haven't seen anyone play this tac with Man City, Bayern or Barcelona tho

I think I can echo what Chris says! Set pieces this is incredible but defensively horrendous at times! Defence gets sorted it would easily be hands down the best tactic I've tried

I've got a few hours to kill today. Going to try and fix it. It's offensively brilliant though

Knock yourself out :) any team you want, i haven't seen anyone play this tac with Man City, Bayern or Barcelona tho

I think Bayern and Barca will be to easy, gonna give it a go with City

Amendments

Changelist;

- Changed tempo, looks for overlap, and player roles within the formation to help keep the overloading offence but retain more defensive shape.

- Tweaked player instructions to rid conflicts with team instructions.

- Changed mentality to control from attacking, so that in line with the possession, short passing and lower tempo. The ball is retained better.

- Tweaked set pieces defensively.

- Everything else from OP applies.

View attachment 283270

Oh and ignore players chosen in roles above, as injuries led to this prior tot he screenshot.

Last edited: