This is probably the best tactic I have tried on FM 15, only problem is that I concede a lot with it! Conceding 1-2 goals a game with Leeds UTD right now, but I am winning most games as well.

Think if the corner set up was not in this, it wouldn't be as good. But with a few tweaks to the defence this could be something extra special.

I just recently started a new game with Liverpool and im not at all happy with my defences, they look indecisive :( Its all wins so far, but i've had a few wins with only a winning margin of a goal or two, granted im also seeing wins by 7-8 gooals too, but thats just not good enough. I designed this tac using top top players in every pos, and that certinly works. However in the seasons leading up to publishing this tac i had the two CBs on "cover and stopper" duty, so one would charge ahead and one would sweep up through balls or overlapping players. You could give that a go, im not saying its necessarily better, but it breaks up attacks in a different manner. Make sure you use your faster CB on the cover one tho..

I know it's Middlesbrough but...what????

Thats insane :O

How do you set your match and general training?
And do you use any oi's?

Last edited:
Defensively I want to see this improve I can deal with a 6-0 win at arsenal instead of a 9-0 one as long as the defence is more solid in other games ha

Defensively I want to see this improve I can deal with a 6-0 win at arsenal instead of a 9-0 one as long as the defence is more solid in other games ha
Iv'e been in love with 4123 formation ever since Mr.Hough introduced me for it some years ago,. I've tried to pull the BWM down to dmc pos, but the APs suffer from that so its not reccomended. It makes sense that the defence is more stable with more men behind the ball, the Inverted winbacks are golden as they sometime acts as two extra CBs. Only thing i can think of is either making the LB/RB less likely to surge forward or giving the BWM a more defensive role.. Experiment as you want, this is where tweaking gets hard cus you only se the actual result after a season, not in a few games, we all know how it can fluctuate :p

Thats insane :O

How do you set your match and general training?
And do you use any oi's?

General Training - Balanced/Attacking/Defending/Ball Control. I keep swapping this 4 throughout the season but mostly on Balanced. I do Team Cohesion at the start until *** Man reports players are willing to die for one another.
Match Training - Attacking Movement.

Currently and on this match - No OI. I did tried using *** Man OI but not sure if it makes any difference.

However I took out Get Stuck In at the Team Instructions as I've got too many yellows and reds.

Just kept two clean sheets in a row with some tweaks will test further

Just kept two clean sheets in a row with some tweaks will test further

what tweaks mate? i changed the iwb to standard wb and the vwm to a defend duty. didnt see much difference to be honest but will keep trying

General Training - Balanced/Attacking/Defending/Ball Control. I keep swapping this 4 throughout the season but mostly on Balanced. I do Team Cohesion at the start until *** Man reports players are willing to die for one another

How do you find the information about team gelling? I brought in a few squad + first team squad players in the Summer in my latest season and I was trying to look for that information yesterday :eek:. A few disappointing results early on, wanted to know how the team was doing, couldn't find it.

How do you find the information about team gelling? I brought in a few squad + first team squad players in the Summer in my latest season and I was trying to look for that information yesterday :eek:. A few disappointing results early on, wanted to know how the team was doing, couldn't find it.

Here,

View attachment 283584

under *** Man report.

I changed the middle cm to cm on defend and changed the iwb to fullbacks on support with hold position fewer risky passes as pi's (those two are what I added to original set of pis ) plus I took off dribble more

I changed the middle cm to cm on defend and changed the iwb to fullbacks on support with hold position fewer risky passes as pi's (those two are what I added to original set of pis ) plus I took off dribble more
Have you tried this for much more games? If so, did you notice you are keeping a lot more clean sheets?

Well 3 out of 4 games I had clean sheets then away at inter in champions league I conceded 3 so it's hard to tell