Valencia's The next Spanish Catalan's

marshall1313

Reaction score
Valencia Sack Unai Emery
Shock news coming out of the media in Valencia today as reports are that Unai Emery has been dismissed of his position after a meeting with owners, Media outlets are waiting at the Mestalla for official reports to come from the club.

Press Conference from Emery
View attachment 247919

Reporter: "Unai is it true that you have been dismissed from your position as Valencia Manager?

Unai Emery: "Yes that is true, Valencia had another man in mind they wanted to take the club forward
and this left me with no choice but to leave."

Reporter: "So are you therefore saying you wasn't sacked but resigned and do you have any plans for your future in management?"

Unai Emery: "I was sacked, but when you know that you are not wanted, it makes it much easier to swallow, I have no immediate plans for the future we will have to wait and see."

Reporter: "Can you give any idea on who the net manager is going to be?"

Unai Emery: "I still have great respect for Valencia as a club and will not disclose that information, the club are positioned to
realise that information."

View attachment 247922 View attachment 247924
Sky Sport News have said that AVB is the favourite to take up the reigns as a perfect position after his failed time at Chelsea. other candidates include
Odds

AVB 4/1​
Rafa Benitez 5/1
Michael Laudrup 8/1​
Santiago Canazaries 16/1​

The news we have from Valencia's inside sources says that a Club Legend is likely to take over the club, Hence ruling out AVB and Laudrup, Speculation is that Valencia are keeping the name of there new manager quiet but he will be unveiled in the next few weeks ready for pre season.

*Can you guess the club legend that is taking the reigns at Valencia?​

Last edited:
Club Legend Ruben Baraja Unveiled as Valencia Boss.

View attachment 247951View attachment 247952
Today Valencia Unveiled Ruben Baraja as the man to take Valencia back to the heights they have reached in the past.

Speaking to the Valencia President Manuel Llorente he had this to say. " Ruben was a great player for us at Valencia and loves the club, He wants to see this club succeed just as much as I, the current players and the fans. From our first conversation about the role I knew he was the man to lead the club and take us on that journey to not just league success but European success also." When Llorente was asked about contract length and the boards backing he responded in positive terms saying "Ruben has 100% backing from the board, He has been given a set of objectives and a transfer budget that we feel adequately matches them objectives, he is on a 2 year deal but we believe Ruben can be in charge he for a long time to come."

Fan's Reactions
We spoke to some fans outside of the stadium who was buying there new kits for next season from the club shop and found out what they has to say.

One fan said "Ruben is a legend and we are excited about the future, He may not have any managerial experience but we back him 100% Next season is going be great!"

Another said, "I have supported Valencia and been a season ticket holder for 25 years Ruben is one of the greatest players I have season down here, Excited about what he will add from a management perspective.

Although a few fans did seem concerned about his lack of experience the majority was excited for what was coming next in this major move from there football club.

View attachment 247955

@AdilRami - Wow, Ruben's back. What a legend. Can't wait to work with him
@PabloPiatti Ruben as manager, That's great news, Lets crack on with pre season now
@AlbertoCosta he's the perfect man for the job! Viva Valencia

What did the man himself have to say, A man a class and very few words commenting on his Return to Valencia as Manager said "What do I want to do... It's simple Become better than Barcelona and Real Madrid."

They will be a few surprises I'm sure as Ruben Baraja prepares to take Valencia forward, the aims are set high and the future is sure to be a very interesting at Valencia.​

really good start mate- fancy a follow for follow with my story: manchester united- the next generation? and good luck :)

Pre Season
Huge News at Valencia

Baraja places stamp on Valencia and starts to make it his own

The Return of the superstars

View attachment 247965View attachment 247966

Today you could see the delight with the irremovable smile on the face of Manager Ruben Baraja as he made his first two signings of the transfer window. Both players have a history with Valencia and are well known as Ruben's team mates when he wore the Valencia shirt.

Firstly he sealed the deal for Benfica's Pablo Aimar on a 5 year deal for 10 million pounds Ruben commented on the offical Valencia website saying "I was so excited when I knew Pablo was coming back, He's a terrific player, and his move back to Valencia is something I can see as a long term deal, even beyond the 5 years in other capacity's for the club."

Secondly Joaquin was transfer listed at Malaga for 3.9 million and Baraja saw this as a perfect chance to be re united with the right winger and bring him back to the Mestalla. Joaquin also signed a 5 year deal and Baraja was overjoyed by the acquisition.

Other in's and outs
View attachment 247970

On the pitch
In Valencia's 5 pre season games they played no one of any significance and found themselves drawing 2 winning 2 and losing 1, I don't think this form is something that will upset the manager too much and Valencia seem more that ready to face Racing Club in there first Liga BBVA Encounter on the 27th August.

Champions League Group

View attachment 247971

Ruben Baraja' comment's
" I am happy with pre season and how my team conducted themselves, I have decided what formation and style we will play and I am fully confident that our attacking style of football will bring success to the club. As I have already pointed out I am delighted with the signings of Pablo and Joaquin and I believe that Felipe will have a great future ahead of him with this club. I believe my team are good enough to meet my season exceptions and we will play on the pitch with my attitude and motto which is "Never say die." I am confident that every player that wears the beloved Valencia shirt will not let me, the fans or the club down. Bring on Racing!."

hi mate- i reckon u should do a monthly update- if u do one for every game for me it became more of a burden rather than something to enjoy. do what u want but id say monthly update. also, is it me or is pablo aimar like in his 30s or something? i seem to remember him on LMA manager 2004. personally i wouldnt have signed him- also mbaye niang is a must from my experience- especially if u want to play this game for a long time. good luck against racing! :)

hi mate- i reckon u should do a monthly update- if u do one for every game for me it became more of a burden rather than something to enjoy. do what u want but id say monthly update. also, is it me or is pablo aimar like in his 30s or something? i seem to remember him on LMA manager 2004. personally i wouldnt have signed him- also mbaye niang is a must from my experience- especially if u want to play this game for a long time. good luck against racing! :)

Pablo is 31 years old yeah, he wouldn't have been my natural regular signing but he's a Valencia icon and partnered Baraja in Valencia's midfield. I have Paco Alcacer who is a great young forward for the future and I only play one up front. I will do a monthly update. Thanks.

Yeah monthly is best, glad to see a Valencia story on here, had a fantastic save with them a few months ago, January wise you should look at bringing in Christian Eriksen and build a team around him a great talent, and if he hasnt signed his contract try and get Hoilett on a free for the following summer

Yeah monthly is best, glad to see a Valencia story on here, had a fantastic save with them a few months ago, January wise you should look at bringing in Christian Eriksen and build a team around him a great talent, and if he hasnt signed his contract try and get Hoilett on a free for the following summer

Thanks for the great Advice, Yeah we have started really well and I'm enjoying it, About half way through September so at the end of September will be the update. Eriksen is a great shout! He was great for my Ajax Team. I hope you enjoy the post and thanks for following!

eriksen? oh, he must be sven-goran erik's son.

yeah he's a great buy. junior hoilett on a free would be a top signing also!

September
Baraja finding management ever so slightly tough

Baraja's team lost at home to Barca and conceded a Late goal at Sevilla, condemning them to 8th place as the month came to an end.

View attachment 248014View attachment 248013View attachment 248015

4 wins and 3 loses in Baraja's first 7 games leaves Valencia in a very average position in all competitions sitting 8th in the league and 3rd in there champions league group. They is going to have to be some serious progress in the month of October to changes the fortunes of the young manager and his team.

The months key moments

View attachment 248016
Joaquin picked up and Injury early in the month, spraining his ankle leaving him sidelined for 6-7 weeks

View attachment 248018

Pablo Aimar spend most of the month on the sidelines as well with a groin strain. He will be back to full fitness in 6-9 days

month's best moment
View attachment 248017
Beating Ath. Madrid 3-0 after Diego Simeone said "Baraja must be dreaming if he think Valencia will be Ath. Madrid."
Baraja met fire with fire by saying "Diego Simeone doesn't suit his profession."

Month's worst moment
View attachment 248028
Jordi Alba being shown a red card against Barca after only 35 minutes for fouling Messi in the penalty box. which was proceed by a 3-1 defeat! (Baraja's become better than Barca hasn't quite gone to plan yet.)

Player of the Month
View attachment 248029
Jordi Alba
Despite being involved in the worst moment of the month, his performances over the 7 games have gave the highest rated and he has chipped in with a couple of well needed assists from left back.

Next months aims
* Move up the league Table.
*be in a top two champions league spots by the end of the month.
*try not get so many red and yellow cards (20 yellows and 2 reds)

Ruben Baraja's comments
"no one gives you easy welcomes, especially when its football, We will fight hard and we shall not fail!"

good read- shame about the injuries tho! but yeah i love it when an opposition manager takes the **** out of you before the game and then you beat them! i remember when i was man united on fm11 and mick mccarthy said something like: 'we are hoping to crush united's title chances by beating them this afternoon.' and then we beat them 5-0. 'basically, we got mullered'
anyway, great start mate.

good read- shame about the injuries tho! but yeah i love it when an opposition manager takes the **** out of you before the game and then you beat them! i remember when i was man united on fm11 and mick mccarthy said something like: 'we are hoping to crush united's title chances by beating them this afternoon.' and then we beat them 5-0. 'basically, we got mullered'
anyway, great start mate.

Thanks mate. lol Yeah it made my September lol, Into October we go, keep a look out for my next post :)

Looking good, will follow. Love those teams who are between 6th and 4th league finishers :) always a tough challenge with them

Looking good, will follow. Love those teams who are between 6th and 4th league finishers :) always a tough challenge with them

Thanks mate, Appreciate you folllowing, I should be updated October before the night is out :) Yeah its going to be tough but hopefully we can push for a top 3-4 finish to be in the CL next year again :)