Valencia's The next Spanish Catalan's

Novemeber
Valencia looking good, bring on Christmas!

Baraja's boys draw away at Inter and qualify but fall to defeat at home to Madrid, again without 11 men.

View attachment 248110View attachment 248111View attachment 248112

a month that I found hard to evaluate, a 1-1 draw away at Inter Milan was enough to Qualify for the CL knock-out stages, loss to Real Madrid with Adil Rami seeing red before 60 minute, a draw away at Levante and 94 minute winner against Rayo away sums up what has been a interesting month for Ruben Baraja to say the least.

The month's key moments

View attachment 248113

Sofiane Feghouli was injured on international duty and will miss 3 months with a Hip injury. Doctors confirmed that Surgery would be needed.

View attachment 248114

Left Winger Pablo Piatti pulled his hamstring and will be sidelined for 6 weeks

"its fair to say that we should just call this section the injury section."

View attachment 248115

A 94th minute header from David Albelda of all people against Rayo was a big moment in the season so far and kept us on track for a top 4 finish.

View attachment 248121

18 year old Juan Bernat made his début in the Spanish cup game after recovering from 4 month sidelined with a dislocated shoulder

Month's best moment
View attachment 248116
Qualifying for the knock-out stages of the champions league

Month's worst moment
View attachment 248117
Capitan Adil Rami never fails to disappoint (Sarcasm) by being Dismissed in what could be one of the biggest games of the season at home to Real Madrid which sadly we lost 2-0 adding to the woahs! (just like against Barcelona if you remember Jordi Alba was dismissed)

Player of the month
View attachment 248118
Jordi Alba
Jonas had a good month again and would have been a close contender but Jordi was great this month mainly playing at left back but slot in at left midfield went needed and was terrific.

Did we meet monthly expectations?

*Stay in the top 4 of Liga BBVA (5th)
View attachment 248120
*Stay in the top 2 spots of the champions league (1st qualified)
View attachment 248119View attachment 248119 (Qualification deserves an extra tick)
*conceded less than 10 goals in the month (4 goals conceded)
View attachment 248119

Next month's aims
*get back into the top 4
*go unbeaten for the month
*score 20 goals or more

Ruben Baraja's comments
"I am delight to have qualified for the knock-out stages of the Champions League, Hard work and pure brilliance pays off, who do I hope for in the next round Man Utd or Man City. Why... I'm Ruben Baraja and I like to beat the best."​

I'd laugh if Athletic announced there was a player called Aitor Herrera in real life, you two would be in heaven.

If he is as good as the guy in the game then that would be exciting times!

You have the worst luck with injuries!!!

yeah hope you get better luck with that in december! i find injuries really annoying.

Never seen so many injuries in one game, unlucky. Would be nice to see Silva, Villa and Mata all back at the club

Never seen so many injuries in one game, unlucky. Would be nice to see Silva, Villa and Mata all back at the club

Thanks for reading, Yeah injuries haven't been great but hopefully next month we will have a injury free month :)

Heres for hoping, im currently having a dicapline problem like 4-5 yellows per game :/ hoping to get a move to a foreign club this winter (im solskjaer at molde) haha

Heres for hoping, im currently having a dicapline problem like 4-5 yellows per game :/ hoping to get a move to a foreign club this winter (im solskjaer at molde) haha

I'm having a discipline problem too lol, so did you do the Molde story? I will check it out....

December
Christmas comes early as Valencia go 3rd in the league

4 win and a draw in the month of December, Ruben Baraja will feel like Christmas lasted all month.

View attachment 248195View attachment 248194View attachment 248193
A good month for Valencia as they start to look comfortable in the Champions League spots lying 3rd by a point. the only downside to the month of December was drawing at Betis as a win would have seen them go joint top of Liga BBVA.

The month's key moment

View attachment 248196View attachment 248197

Unai Emery takes up his first post since been dismissed from Valencia signing a deal with Real Zaragoza

View attachment 248198View attachment 248199View attachment 248200

Valencia draw Lyon away in the Champions League Last 16, Not the Man Utd or Man City that Ruben Baraja was looking for but I'm sure he will be happy as Valencia have a good chance of making the last 8

Month's best moment
View attachment 248202
After suffering some long term injuries it was such a relief to see a whole month go by without any Major injuries. Valencia is an injury free zone :) - Until next month. Ever Banega and Miguel returned from injury and Alberto Costa should all been well return sometime next month.

Month's worst moment
View attachment 248205
Our month's worst moment once again involved super captain Adil Rami just like in the press conference above he must have had his eyes shut on the pitch as he received yet another red card for yet another stupid tackle costing Valencia the 3 points against Betis.

Player of the month
View attachment 248206
Paco Alcacer
The teenage sensation (no not Justin Bieber) but Paco Alcacer had a great month this month scoring 4 goals, With a Spanish Cup game and a Champions League game where we had already qualified, he had a chance to show what he could do and certainly took that chance.

Did we meet are monthly expectations?

*get back into the top 4 (3rd)
View attachment 248211
*go unbeaten for the month (4 wins 1 draw)
View attachment 248211
*score 20 goals or more (8)
View attachment 248212

Next month's aims
* be level on points with one of Barcelona or Real Madrid
* continue unbeaten run, in what all seem winnable games
* not that its in my power, but not have a red card.

Special Monthly challenge
View attachment 248215
Adil Rami
See if you can do me the big favour of staying on the pitch this month. Thanks buddy.

Ruben Baraja's Comments
"Back into 3rd, I'm delighted I really am. Champions league last 16 is a great achievement but lets push on and achieve more than just this." when asked about Adil Rami he did what all good well trained managers would do "My captain? you are asking me about my captain? He is a wonderful player, We are delighted to have him at the club. That's all I have to say on that, so ask me no more questions."

No injuries? Wow haha well done, Real Sociedad will falter before long.

January. Transfer Season

View attachment 248240

Baraja Makes 4 signings in the January window ready for the summer

View attachment 248245View attachment 248246View attachment 248247View attachment 248248

Ruben Baraja seemed to take the cheep option of bolstering his squad for next season by snapping up four new signings on free transfers. Ruben decided that he wanted to tell the fans a little bit about each of them in the press conference on 1st February.

1) Karim Ait Fana
Old club: Montpellier HSC

Position: AML

What did Ruben have to say?
"Karim is a great signing for Valencia, He's young, fast and has a good end product. There is still potential there for him to grow and become a delightful left winger. I look forward to managing him."

2) Junior Hoilett
Old club: Blackburn Rovers
Position: AMR/AML

"Junior is a player I have had on my radar for a while now, one of my adviser Ollie Connolly suggested him along with another target who I will keep quite out of respect to his club. I'm delight to have bagged Junior and when I last spoke to him, he told me he cannot wait for his big move in the summer."

3) Yaya Sanago
Old club: AJ Auxerre
Position: Poacher/CF

"Yaya is one of the best young strikers of his generation, Man city and Inter Milan both offered him a contract and I am delighted he chose to come and play for us here at Valencia. We have got an amazing young player for the future and he along with my other summer signings (the ones we have and the ones who are still to come) can become the future of Valencia FC."

4) Coutinho
Old club: Inter Milan
Position: AMC

"When I heard that Coutinho was available on a free transfer I made plans to fly him in to Spain immediately, I'm glad this deal didn't take a long time to conclude and Coutinho was delighted to sign for us. He saw the vision of the football club and the plans we had for the future, and he almost signed the contract on the spot! My 4 signing in January for the summer, will be the start of a generational change at Valencia FC."

Transfer Season Update
Valencia and Ruben Baraja will not be disappointed with how they did in the transfer window although no immediate January signing Ruben assured the media and fans that the clubs players were good enough for him to achieve his targets.
The media are still speculating who Valencia will sign in the summer bookies have posted there favourites

View attachment 248254

Christian Eriksen 3/2
Thiago Alcantara 6/1
Rafinha Alcantara 6/1
Ramsus Elm 12/1
Romario 14/1
Didier Drogba 100/1

Valencia and Ruben Baraja have refused to comment on any speculation until the summer.

Nani, Hamsik and Perotti all made moves in January to Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal respectively.

Last edited: