Valencia's The next Spanish Catalan's

January

Valencia hang on by a thread, in all senses.

3 wins, 3 loses and 2 draws. Valencia hanging onto 4th, 2-0 down in the first leg of the Spanish Cup Semis but on the upside knocked out Real Madrid.

View attachment 248259View attachment 248260View attachment 248261

The month's key moments

View attachment 248265

Dani Parejo was out for 4-5 weeks with a groin strain. He was disappointed to miss the cup games against Real Madrid

View attachment 248266View attachment 248267

Villarreal and Osasuna both beat Valencia at there home grounds this month in what has been a disappointing league month seeing Real Sociedad go 8 points ahead of Baraja side, although Valencia do have a game in hand.

View attachment 248275
Felipe Anderson, Jordi Alba, Miguel and Adil Rami all missed games due to 5 yellow cards.

Month's best moment
View attachment 248268
The Spanish Cup win over 2 legs against Real Madrid was the best moment of Valencia's month, in fact of Valencia season so far. with 5 minutes left to go in the second leg Real Madrid was going through until Jonas scored a 88 minute winner.

Month's worst moment
View attachment 248269View attachment 248270
Valencia lost 2-0 to Mallorca in the Spanish Cup semi final first leg which was a real big disappointment after first seeing Barcelona lose to Ath Madrid and beating Real Madrid in the round before. It will take a big effort from Baraja's boys to turn around the result.

Player of the month
View attachment 248271
Jonas
Jonas again had another solid month and was worth the player of the month award scoring twice against Real Madrid and totalling 19 goals in 18 games.

Did we meet are monthly expectations?

* be level on points with one of Barcelona or Real Madrid (10 points behind Madrid and 14 behind Barca)
View attachment 248272
* continue unbeaten run, in what all seem winnable games (lost 3 games)
View attachment 248272
* not that its in my power, but not have a red card (no red cards)
View attachment 248273

Special Monthly Challenge Conclusion
View attachment 248274
Adil Rami ended the month with a smile on his face, He did miss one game though suspension due to 5 yellow cards but progress has been made. No red this month.
View attachment 248273

Next month's aims
*Beat Ath. Madrid away
*Beat Barcelona away
*Beat Sevilla at home

Ruben Baraja's comments
"This month has been a reasonable month, I was disappointed with the 3 defeats but we are still in with a shout and have big games coming up that can keep us right in the picture. Big month ahead and my players are ready."

Nice January signings bro! As a Valencia fan it's cool reading a story about the team for once :D

sucks about all the injuries at the start though

Nice January signings bro! As a Valencia fan it's cool reading a story about the team for once :D

sucks about all the injuries at the start though

Thanks mate, Just going to post the February update, Will be about 30 mins. Thanks for reading! and nice to have a Valencia fan on board!

Great updates pal. Valencia will bounce back mate you'll see.

Adil rami is a top player

February

Highs and Lows as Baraja takes on February

Valencia beat Ath Madrid, Are Humbled by Barcelona and Lyon was too good for them but at 1-0 they are still in the tie and Ruben will see signs that Valencia can progress.
View attachment 248280View attachment 248281View attachment 248284

The month's key moments

View attachment 248288View attachment 248289

Valencia beat Mallorca 2-1 in the return leg but it wasn't enough and they crashed out of the Spanish Cup at the Semi Finals stage.

View attachment 248292

Valencia Celebrate as they beat Ath. Madrid 1-0 a great moment and another win that pushed them up the league.

View attachment 248293

Valencia was outclassed by Barcelona, eventually losing 3-0. For the 2nd game against Barcelona a man got sent off Ricardo Costa after 35 minutes. Valencia have had terrible luck with red cards against top teams as they also had a man sent off against Real Madrid.

Month's best moment
View attachment 248294View attachment 248296
Baraja's boys bounced back after losing to Barcelona by murdering Sevilla 5-0 and Jonas had no mercy. He scored 4 goals and it was the perfect response from the Mestalla based squad.

Month's worst moment
View attachment 248299View attachment 248300
Lyon beat Valencia in the Champions League first leg 1-0 Christian Benitez scored the only goal but if we are being honest Lyon could have won 4 or 5 nil. They had a goal cancelled out and missed a penalty. Baraja admitted after the game that his side was lucky and are fortunate to still have a chance to turn it around in the second leg.

Player of the month
View attachment 248301
Jonas
4 against Sevilla, and 4 more in the month makes him yet again the man for the month

Did we meet monthly expectations?

*Beat Ath. Madrid away (1-0 win)
View attachment 248302
*Beat Barcelona away (3-0 loss)
View attachment 248303
*Beat Sevilla at home (5-0 win)
View attachment 248302

Next month's aims
*go unbeaten for the month
*10 goals for Jonas
*Break Sociedad's grip of 3rd

Ruben Baraja's comments
"We was poor in the big two games that I really wanted results in but we put that behind us and we still have the chance to redeem ourself moving forward. Jonas has been terrific, he is a delight to watch and I'm so happy to have him in the squad."

Great updates pal. Valencia will bounce back mate you'll see.

Adil rami is a top player
Thanks mate, Yeah Adil has been a solid captain, few red cards in big games but he's a good player.

Time to dethrone Sociedad next month though, Has to happen. Thanks for reading and commenting

hey guys I just beat lyon and drew Man utd and my computer crashed. Its gone back a few months game time. which has annoyed me. I'm going to start a new different game as Brazil national side maybe. would people be interested in a story?

hey guys I just beat lyon and drew Man utd and my computer crashed. Its gone back a few months game time. which has annoyed me. I'm going to start a new different game as Brazil national side maybe. would people be interested in a story?
Nah, Brazil is one of the so called "world powers" so do something hard, like Afghanistan or Ghana or something.
Sad to hear this story is over, really enjoyed it

Damnit.Try England

Nah, Brazil is one of the so called "world powers" so do something hard, like Afghanistan or Ghana or something.
Sad to hear this story is over, really enjoyed it

I really enjoyed it. sad its over too. yeah i will think about it and do something challenging