VerZa's 4-3-3 - Breaking the record with Southampton

Just started a new save with the danish club FC Midtjylland. I'll let you all know how it goes. So far, so good.
13 games, 12 wins, 1 draw. Watch how I completely DESTROYED PSV 9-0 on aggregate. Insane! I couldn't believe my own eyes, as I was so sure I was done for, when I picked PSV in the draw.
Only draw was against Wolfsburg away! I'm going for that throphy! ;)
View attachment 249056

Last edited:
Do you have filters players ?
I test your tactics :)

Nah, sorry. I don't :/ Just find players that fit that individual roles in the tactic. CB's & LB+RB with high pace and acc. Strong CM's.

If you tell me which team you are, I might be able to recommend some players.

Last edited:
i play with FC København. ( Danish Liga )
Then you need a new CB, who can play next to Jørgensen. Sviatchenko is decent. Amartey should play Halfback (DCM)

CB's: Sviatchenko (FCM), Alexander Scholz (Standard)
CM: Lasse Vigen Christensen (If possible)
AMR/AML: Mohammed Elyounoussi or Andrija Zivkovic. If you can get Zivkovic, I'd go for him.

Almost finished the first season with FC Midtjylland. I told you I was going for that EURO Cup Trophy.. ;) Unfortunately Chelsea waited in the final, and I lost 2-1, in a pretty much 50/50 game. I can say that I'm proud of the team. Even Mourinho told us we could be proud in his post-match interview :D
View attachment 248341

Used this tactic for the whole of an experimental season with Valencia. This is a save with 0 signings except a youth player (Fabio Castellano). It's safe to say that it was a complete success! I also won the Spanish Cup, and apart from vs Barca and Madrid, the games I lost/drew were when I simply couldn't put the ball in the net! Nevertheless, great tactic and I am looking forward to trying to tackle the UCL with this tactic!

View attachment 248069

Last edited:
Yeah this does look like a good tactic, seems well balanced. I have been using TFF's tactics but there seems to be too much emphasis on manual marking now, so going to give this a try, my favourite formation as well

I finally finished the second season with Chelsea

View attachment 247415

although I am disappointed cause we lost FA and CL finals against a very good Tottenham (depay, lamela and eriksen teared us apart) and a very passionate Man City.

Hi guys. A few weeks ago a made a review for this tactic where I complained about the midfielders shooting too much. It seems that this aspect is getting even worse now. My midfield duo often doubles or triples the amount of shots of my striker and they just don't score. I know there is no magic formula to make them score more often, so how can I limit the amount of shots?

The PPMs 'looks for a pass rather than attempting to score' and 'refrains from taking long shots' don't work, and the player instruction 'shoot less often' doesn't work too. Is there a change in the team's mentality, shape or instructions that solves this problem? I'm still winning lots of games, but it annoys the **** out of me when I see so many chances wasted.

Edit

Now the problem has extended to the winger and inside forward. I'm in November, and my main choices Willian(winger) and keita(inside forward) have a single goal between then, and it's causing my team to have insufficient results against every sort of teams, like narrow wins or draws. I know that neither of then is a finishing expert, but come on...

And once again, I see a lot of goals coming from set pieces but very few coming from actually playing football. It ****** me of seeing my team winning matches at home against squads like brescia and spezia by 1-0 or 2-0 when all the goals start from throw ins or corner kicks and not by the attacking and dominating football implied.

Last edited:
Hi guys. A few weeks ago a made a review for this tactic where I complained about the midfielders shooting too much. It seems that this aspect is getting even worse now. My midfield duo often doubles or triples the amount of shots of my striker and they just don't score. I know there is no magic formula to make them score more often, so how can I limit the amount of shots?

The PPMs 'looks for a pass rather than attempting to score' and 'refrains from taking long shots' don't work, and the player instruction 'shoot less often' doesn't work too. Is there a change in the team's mentality, shape or instructions that solves this problem? I'm still winning lots of games, but it annoys the **** out of me when I see so many chances wasted.

Edit

Now the problem has extended to the winger and inside forward. I'm in November, and my main choices Willian(winger) and keita(inside forward) have a single goal between then, and it's causing my team to have insufficient results against every sort of teams, like narrow wins or draws. I know that neither of then is a finishing expert, but come on...

And once again, I see a lot of goals coming from set pieces but very few coming from actually playing football. It ****** me of seeing my team winning matches at home against squads like brescia and spezia by 1-0 or 2-0 when all the goals start from throw ins or corner kicks and not by the attacking and dominating football implied.

Try unticking "Get further forward" from the CM(Au), add "shoot less often" to both CM's, like you already did. Perhaps change CM(Au)'s mentality to support. If that doesn't work, it might be the game.
The problem with the wingers.. Are they shooting too often?

Just try tweaking the tactic, see if you can fix the problem. If you find a way, please let me know :) .. I can't really do anything in my save, as I'm not experienceing the same problems as you :/ Of course the CM's shoot approximately 3 times per game, but they're also scoring quite a lot. And a lot of my goals come from open play..

Which team are you, which players do you have? Are their morale high?

Try unticking "Get further forward" from the CM(Au), add "shoot less often" to both CM's, like you already did. Perhaps change CM(Au)'s mentality to support. If that doesn't work, it might be the game.
The problem with the wingers.. Are they shooting too often?

Just try tweaking the tactic, see if you can fix the problem. If you find a way, please let me know :) .. I can't really do anything in my save, as I'm not experienceing the same problems as you :/ Of course the CM's shoot approximately 3 times per game, but they're also scoring quite a lot. And a lot of my goals come from open play..

Which team are you, which players do you have? Are their morale high?

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm coaching A.C.Milan in my 6st season and my strongest 11 right now is

Scuffet - Darmian, Astori, Balanta, Di Sciglio - Samper, Gil Romero/Locatelli, Lucas Romero - Keita, Willian, Berardi
(I never paid more than 20M for any player and no one earns above 100k/week, and I like to have homegrown players on my squad, so this team might not be as strong as expected, despite having a +200Million£ budget :) )

As for the wingers there is Willian (winger) with 28 shots/0 goals and keita (inside forward) with 39 shots/1 goal. This might be just bad luck because keita scored 18 goals last season with me and the wingers also had a good goals/shots ratio. The problem is always the CMs, a few matches ago I saw Locatelli having 10 shots/6 on target and scoring none, despite having great finishing atributtes for a midfielder, and it's not uncommon having a CM getting close to those numbers and ending the game without scoring.

The morale is great, I win lots of games but I always wonder what kind of results I could have if the CMs' goal/shots ratio wasn't so poor.

As for the wingers there is Willian (winger) with 28 shots/0 goals and keita (inside forward) with 39 shots/1 goal. This might be just bad luck because keita scored 18 goals last season with me and the wingers also had a good goals/shots ratio. The problem is always the CMs, a few matches ago I saw Locatelli having 10 shots/6 on target and scoring none, despite having great finishing atributtes for a midfielder, and it's not uncommon having a CM getting close to those numbers and ending the game without scoring.

The morale is great, I win lots of games but I always wonder what kind of results I could have if the CMs' goal/shots ratio wasn't so poor.

10 shots and no goals is indeed insane.. Usually my CM's are at 3-4 shots per game and they score quite often.
How about Lucas Romero? How is he performing? He's always performing for me and scoring quite a lot.

In my Midtjylland save, my free roaming playmaker is at 12 goals this season and my CM(Au) has scored 9 goals.

Another question: How are you training your players individually and in general?

Last edited:
10 shots and no goals is indeed insane.. Usually my CM's are at 3-4 shots per game and they score quite often.
How about Lucas Romero? How is he performing? He's always performing for me and scoring quite a lot.

In my Midtjylland save, my free roaming playmaker is at 12 goals this season and my CM(Au) has scored 9 goals.

Another question: How are you training your players individually and in general?

I assign individual training focusing on roles that cover the most atributes possible. Per example I give a 'complete full back' training to my full backs or a 'box-to-box' training to the CM(au) so the defense and attack atributes can be raised. Does it have any influence on how they interpret their roles in the tactic?

As for Lucas Romero, I cannot say he is playing badly, but is far away from the performances of your Romero. And I forgot to mention that he has 62 shots/1 goal so far in 19 games. Balde Keita, my inside forward, is now at 54 shots/1 goal in 20 games.

Last edited:
I assign individual training focusing on roles that cover the most atributes possible. Per example I give a 'complete full back' training to my full backs or a 'box-to-box' training to the CM(au) so the defense and attack atributes can be raised. Does it have any influence on how they interpret their roles in the tactic?

As for Lucas Romero, I cannot say he is playing badly, but is far away from the performances of your Romero. And I forgot to mention that he has 62 shots/1 goal so far in 19 games. Balde Keita, my inside forward, is now at 54 shots/1 goal in 20 games.

Holy.. I my Fulham save, My Lucas Romero has 94 shots/49 on target (52% sucess-rate) and 11 goals after 24 games. So 0,46 goals per game for a CM.
My other CM is Tielemans. He has 64/29 after 27 games and 6 goals.

It's crazy how your players are performing. I hope you find a way to fix it :)
Your training seems fine. I do believe it has some influence on how they're performing in their individual roles. I usually just train them in the roles, they're in.