Villas Boas Sacked

I was excited because of the promise and ideas he had but as soon as he sold no-one in the summer and the underperforming players from last season started playing ***** again it was a losing battle. The only managerial decisions i disagree with was sacking Mourinho and Ancelotti, all the others had valid grounds.

And i will say it again. They were never going to have such a big turnover in the summer.

So basically you had a short term view, on a long term project?

And i will say it again. They were never going to have such a big turnover in the summer.

So basically you had a short term view, on a long term project?

He had 3 years and done nothing positive in 8-9 months.

He had 3 years and done nothing positive in 8-9 months.

He didnt even get the summer window he needed. he got 2/3 of a season, that is nothing. Short term thinking

He didnt even get the summer window he needed. he got 2/3 of a season, that is nothing. Short term thinking

He got the Chelsea job on the 22nd June so yes he had a full summer window and he chose to sell no one which was wrong.

He had the chance to splash the cash last summer. and even january, he did nothing. He thought he'd send us into 3rd or 4th with that squad, let alone the squad for a minute, his tactics were purely laughable. his subs, and everything he did for 8-9 months. I was backing him to the end, but he showed nothing to deserve his place for another season or two. Roman should have kept him till the end of the season though, Robbie is no better, but at least maybe the players would show some effort under Robbie, they clearly didnt perform under AVB.

He got the Chelsea job on the 22nd June so yes he had a full summer window and he chose to sell no one which was wrong.

No, no he didnt. You actually couldnt afford to make anymore signings outside the ones already dictated by the club because of FFPR.

He had the chance to splash the cash last summer. and even january, he did nothing. He thought he'd send us into 3rd or 4th with that squad, let alone the squad for a minute, his tactics were purely laughable. his subs, and everything he did for 8-9 months. I was backing him to the end, but he showed nothing to deserve his place for another season or two. Roman should have kept him till the end of the season though, Robbie is no better, but at least maybe the players would show some effort under Robbie, they clearly didnt perform under AVB.

Again he didnt, you guys should really have a detailed look at your clubs figures.

And that is part o my point, you were never going to get such rapid player turnover in the space of one season. Apart from the difficulty of actually getting targets, signing/selling players mid season is very disruptive.

The only way to do it an not massively suffer would have been in the coming summer, some players contracts up, some players sold. The coming summer window would have been a vital marking point. But he never got that.

AVB wasnt perfect by any means, definitely made mistakes, but it was never going to be quick, or easy.

Delusioned Chelsea fans. I dont think it is a coincidence that many different players, managers and stories have come out about Roman siding with the players over the manager. Makelele wrote in his biography that Terry was the force to get rid of Mourinho.

Roman also makes most of the signings but I thought he was planning on giving AVB the chance to set his own regime. The part of this decision i find most laughable is the fact he has allowed AVB's assistant who presumely also has "lost" the dressing room takeover until the end of the season. Surely it could not be any better with Di Matteo.

All I know is this gives a highly depleted Birmingham side with 2 home games without a win a chance to turn that around tonight and I am grateful.

And that is part o my point, you were never going to get such rapid player turnover in the space of one season. Apart from the difficulty of actually getting targets, signing/selling players mid season is very disruptive.

The only way to do it an not massively suffer would have been in the coming summer, some players contracts up, some players sold. The coming summer window would have been a vital marking point. But he never got that.

AVB wasnt perfect by any means, definitely made mistakes, but it was never going to be quick, or easy.

Of course its never easy, but it'd be a disaster (not only from an economical point of view, but in general) for the club if we dont qualify for ECL. We wouldnt be able to attract star players anymore, and a player like Hazard will undoubtedly choose Spurs instead of us, and he has the full right and many reasons to do so, they played probably the best football this season, and they will most certainly qualify for ECL. Thats what Hazard needs. But its not only him, there are many players that would choose any club playing in ECL over us. Probably there are few that wouldnt demand an ECL football, but again, we cant offer them anything to attract them with. This season we made a huge step back in our development as a club. Im not going to guess what would have happened if we kept AVB for another season, I guess we'll never know.

Of course its never easy, but it'd be a disaster (not only from an economical point of view, but in general) for the club if we dont qualify for ECL. We wouldnt be able to attract star players anymore, and a player like Hazard will undoubtedly choose Spurs instead of us, and he has the full right and many reasons to do so, they played probably the best football this season, and they will most certainly qualify for ECL. Thats what Hazard needs. But its not only him, there are many players that would choose any club playing in ECL over us. Probably there are few that wouldnt demand an ECL football, but again, we cant offer them anything to attract them with. This season we made a huge step back in our development as a club. Im not going to guess what would have happened if we kept AVB for another season, I guess we'll never know.

You mean like City wouldn't have had a chance of signing Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli when they weren't in the CL?

No, no he didnt. You actually couldnt afford to make anymore signings outside the ones already dictated by the club because of FFPR.

Well you sell and then spend with the money you gain surely that't how it works?? And that isen't even an issue with Chelsea because we still went and near on 50million on players he wanted.

Delusioned Chelsea fans. I dont think it is a coincidence that many different players, managers and stories have come out about Roman siding with the players over the manager. Makelele wrote in his biography that Terry was the force to get rid of Mourinho.

Roman also makes most of the signings but I thought he was planning on giving AVB the chance to set his own regime. The part of this decision i find most laughable is the fact he has allowed AVB's assistant who presumely also has "lost" the dressing room takeover until the end of the season. Surely it could not be any better with Di Matteo.

All I know is this gives a highly depleted Birmingham side with 2 home games without a win a chance to turn that around tonight and I am grateful.

Di Matteo and AVB never knew each other from the off. The decision to employ him as an assistant manager was mearly a sweetner for the fans (just like a day after sacking AVB they get in former player Eddie Newton as coach and hand Ramires a new 5 year deal) and a quick manager replacement if needed down the line like what has happend. Also the source who apparently told Makelele it was Terry who got him sacked was whom exacly?? Oh yes that's right, long time friend and a man he takes everywhere with him Rui Faria a man who would also be un-employed because of Mourinho's sacking. Everyone knows the Mourinho-Roman relationship started turning sour when Roman signed Shevchenko behind Jose's back and even the fans (absolutely stupid brain dead better off dead "fans") at his last game against Rosenborg boo'ed the team off which would have given Roman a reason to do what he did.

Last edited:
Well you sell and then spend with the money you gain surely that't how it works?? And that isen't even an issue with Chelsea because we still went and near on 50million on players he wanted.

Di Matteo and AVB never knew each other from the off. The decision to employ him as an assistant manager was mearly a sweetner for the fans (just like a day after sacking AVB they get in former player Eddie Newton as coach and hand Ramires a new 5 year deal). Also the source who apparently told Makelele it was Terry who got him sacked was whom exacly?? Oh yes that's right, long time friend and a man he takes everywhere with him Rui Faria a man who would also be un-employed because of Mourinho's sacking. Everyone knows the Mourinho-Roman relationship started turning sour when Roman signed Shevchenko behind Jose's back and even the fans (absolutely stupid brain dead better of dead "fans") at his last game against Rosenborg boo'ed the team off which would have given Roman a reason to do what he did.

Sorry, you think FFPR isnt an issue, then you havent got an understanding of Chelsea's finances. There is excellent article on swiss ramble, you should give it a good read.

Sorry, you think FFPR isnt an issue, then you havent got an understanding of Chelsea's finances. There is excellent article on swiss ramble, you should give it a good read.

Like i said he still spent 50 million in the summer and another 14 in January with not much return, so he should have sold some more player. We have made a net loss of 58 million this season through transfers so if we are ok with that then if he sold a few more players he would have had more to spend on other players.

Like i said he still spent 50 million in the summer and another 14 in January with not much return, so he should have sold some more player. We have made a net loss of 58 million this season through transfers so if we are ok with that then if he sold a few more players he would have had more to spend on other players.

Your logic is retarded. Unless you compare the figures to their whole finances and reference with FFP, they're meaningless. You may as well have said that he spent £1, therefore he can spend what he like.

Your logic is retarded. Unless you compare the figures to their whole finances and reference with FFP, they're meaningless. You may as well have said that he spent £1, therefore he can spend what he like.

How is that retarded, all im saying is 58million was lost through transfers so spending was not really an issue. If players were sold he could have spent more, makes sense to me.

How is that retarded, all im saying is 58million was lost through transfers so spending was not really an issue. If players were sold he could have spent more, makes sense to me.

In simple terms, if you turnover £1bn then £58m expenditure is nothing. If you only turnover £60m then it's significant.

I think Hodgson would be great for Chelsea. He’s experienced. He’s doing well with West Brom. He deserves a chance at a big club. Hodgson can steady the ship there. He can bring the joy back to the players.

I think Hodgson would be great for Chelsea. He’s experienced. He’s doing well with West Brom. He deserves a chance at a big club. Hodgson can steady the ship there. He can bring the joy back to the players.

I bet you ****** do!!!