Villas Boas Sacked

Fair play to Bobby D in his interview said his thoughts are with AVB tonight.

You mean like City wouldn't have had a chance of signing Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli when they weren't in the CL?

by offering massive wages, a tactic they arguably copied from us and its well known that Roman wants to tighten the Chelsea ship so why would he be ok with doing the same thing he did at the start of his regime all over again

Their expectations after Mourinho are too high, end o'. Chelsea won't win the league again for a very long time.

by offering massive wages, a tactic they arguably copied from us and its well known that Roman wants to tighten the Chelsea ship so why would he be ok with doing the same thing he did at the start of his regime all over again

Plus, there was no FFP back then.

-You can still blow away the majority of teams on wages.
-Players aren't retarded enough to see a season outside of the CL as a trend rather than a blip with the ambitions of the club and its owner.

I was at the Chelsea game last night, and it was extremely amusing to hear the chants of 'f**k off Benítez, you're not welcome here' and 'he's just a fat Spanish waiter'! It just confirmed what I thought: the majority of Chelsea fans don't want Rafael Benítez as their new manager. I would say they want José Mourinho, but it will be hard to get him whilst he's at Real Madrid!

- PZW

I was at the Chelsea game last night, and it was extremely amusing to hear the chants of 'f**k off Benítez, you're not welcome here' and 'he's just a fat Spanish waiter'! It just confirmed what I thought: the majority of Chelsea fans don't want Rafael Benítez as their new manager. I would say they want José Mourinho, but it will be hard to get him whilst he's at Real Madrid!

- PZW

The more games Bobby D wins the more Roman has to think about. Seeing Eddie Newton on the bench yesterday having a laugh with the subs reminds me of the relationship players had with both Clarke (who i think is the best assistant manager in England) and Wilkins. This duo didn't work too well in the Premierleague because the style of play they try to play didn't suit them in this league which was a shame. Appart from that both have done wonders together with MK Dons and with West Brom in the Championship.

The more games Bobby D wins the more Roman has to think about. Seeing Eddie Newton on the bench yesterday having a laugh with the subs reminds me of the relationship players had with both Clarke (who i think is the best assistant manager in England) and Wilkins. This duo didn't work too well in the Premierleague because the style of play they try to play didn't suit them in this league which was a shame. Appart from that both have done wonders together with MK Dons and with West Brom in the Championship.

Yeah but if that really is the standard of manager you are looking for, you might as well put Paul Ince down as a candidate for the job. Di Matteo could have a 100% win record from now until the end of the season and I still don't think he'll get the job.

As a lpool fan, I can understand why they don't want Benitez, he had a great start for us, but then had a very bad year, and followed it up with a very bad spell at Inter (who were easily the most dominant team in Italy at the time, to 5th place no hopers). They say in football that you're only as good as your last game, I don't see why it should be different for managers.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho did come back, seems too much of a butterfly manager for me. Won't be surprised to see Hiddink or Capello in charge though.

Yeah but if that really is the standard of manager you are looking for, you might as well put Paul Ince down as a candidate for the job. Di Matteo could have a 100% win record from now until the end of the season and I still don't think he'll get the job.

As a lpool fan, I can understand why they don't want Benitez, he had a great start for us, but then had a very bad year, and followed it up with a very bad spell at Inter (who were easily the most dominant team in Italy at the time, to 5th place no hopers). They say in football that you're only as good as your last game, I don't see why it should be different for managers.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho did come back, seems too much of a butterfly manager for me. Won't be surprised to see Hiddink or Capello in charge though.

Hiddink is already busy with his "project" at Anzhi.

If Di Matteo gets us in the top 4 and wins us either/both the FA Cup and Champs League then he will 100% get the job. When Hiddink was given the job short term none of the fans thought by the end of it they would all want him in full time. The Benitez thing isen't really because of his track record but mainly because he managed Liverpool. I don't think supporters of other clubs understand how much Chelsea fans hate Liverpool in general and their football team.

If Di Matteo gets us in the top 4 and wins us either/both the FA Cup and Champs League then he will 100% get the job. When Hiddink was given the job short term none of the fans thought by the end of it they would all want him in full time. The Benitez thing isen't really because of his track record but mainly because he managed Liverpool. I don't think supporters of other clubs understand how much Chelsea fans hate Liverpool in general and their football team.

Di Matteo has even less top club experience than AVB

Di Matteo has even less top club experience than AVB

Yes he does but he would have different ideas. Leaving Lampard, Drogba and Cole out for the first game playing a youth player and playing Ramires wide right showed just that already.

Yes he does but he would have different ideas. Leaving Lampard, Drogba and Cole out for the first game playing a youth player and playing Ramires wide right showed just that already.

Having a different idea vs birmingham means nothing. Not in context to the task ahead, he is even less equipped than AVB

Having a different idea vs birmingham means nothing. Not in context to the task ahead, he is even less equipped than AVB

In terms of experience yes, he can't do anything in terms of transfers yet but he can make a difference in the dressing room, tactical and selection wise.

You are thinking finishing top 4 under Di Matteo? hahaha...

In terms of experience yes, he can't do anything in terms of transfers yet but he can make a difference in the dressing room, tactical and selection wise.

Its a worse decision than sacking AVB.

If dropping Cole and playing Ramires wide right constitutes different tactical ideas I'm not convinced.

You are thinking finishing top 4 under Di Matteo? hahaha...

And what's so funny about that??

Its a worse decision than sacking AVB.

Not with the things that went on its not no. He made a rod for his own back right from the start like i have said. Not helped by players either but if we stuck with him there is no way we would have got 4th not a chance.

If dropping Cole and playing Ramires wide right constitutes different tactical ideas I'm not convinced.

It's 2 things the fans were calling for, for months so its a good start.

It's 2 things the fans were calling for, for months so its a good start.

You, and anyone else who thinks sacking AVB was a good idea, are living proof that what fans call for isn't always the best thing.