Villas Boas Sacked

to tubby guess your a man ure fan if you think chelsea are the biggest joke in football ! stand up your voice is muffled man utd have only got where they are because refs are to scared to give decisions against utd we will see where utd are after fegie goes then refs wont be scared to give decisions

He supports Newcastle. You're bitter & delusional.

Wow, a lot of sympathy for AVB here, not entirely sure why. Roman's the bad guy again, lol. I feel for the little Russian, invested another £100m - £150m this year in players and what does he get in return? The race to 4th place. Woo! Obviously the players have aged dramatically since they were challenging for first less than 12 months ago.
Roman is the bad guy because he has control issues - he made the biggest mistake back in 2007 by letting Mourinho go, after that every manager that has come in has to deal with old players who believe it's their right to play games every week.

IMO the chelsea dressing room is probably the most hostile group in the whole footballing world. Players like Lampard, Malouda, Terry, Cole need to move on - fine they can still perform at the top level (sort of), but they are not the future of this team and I honestly thought Abramovich understood that when he brought in a young manager with a lot of potential.

I have no doubt AVB will become a top top manager...but the ask at Chelsea was just too much, to remake the squad whilst winning trophies...

This is like shooting your plumber because he tells you that you have a growing patch of damp in your garage that has to be removed before it causes your house to become unstable and collapse around you.

Saw this on another forum, thoughts?

AVB to Spurs when Harry goes to England Job?

Should of been given a chance to make his own team, should of been given more time and the senior players at Chelsea have let him down. Don't see di Matteo doing much better in all honesty.

To **** with Chelsea Fc. A team with no history and a potential future, in tatters because their owner knows nothing about football and his obsession with the Champions League combined with that lack of knowledge is nothing but disastrous. The players think they have control and a say in who's in and who does what, when they don't know that they, themselves are the cause for the downward spiral they've made since Mourinho left. The truth is, Chelsea don't deserve a good manager until certain ego's are laid to rest, either by leaving the club, or maturing, seen as how they're in their 30's, you'd think they would know better and they certainly don't deserve Jose Mourinho back. I'll be damned if another one of my personal favourite manager's reputation is in shambles because of that thick idiot with the axe.

AVB lost the dressing room, he couldnt control his players anymore and made comments to the media such as not needing support of his players. supposing this is true, avb has poor man management skills. Lampard might not be for the future, but without his goals this season, we would be worse off. Every player is underperforming, so unless every player lost their ability to play, we should question how AVB is motivating his players
Dnt get me wrong though, AVB will be a great manager in the future; he left Porto too soon

I am not a Chelsea fan but I honestly admired what he was trying to accomplish at the club, that is ; the football they were trying to play , his rotation of players and the project itself. This was in no means a surprise in my opinion but he made a major mistake in leaving Porto so early. He is not to be fully blamed for the lacklustre performances of Chelsea but the players of Chelsea also . The real problem was he never got full control or dominance of the dressing room because of some huge egos at the club. I think he should of been given another season since Chelsea were in a transitional period and another transfer window to get in some other players and sell the deadwood that was in that squad.

The club is so unstable now. How are the team supposed to perform if a manager is getting sacked every season? Ibramovic is to impatient

wtf, ibra lol. its abramovich

and i agree, 8 managers in 5yrs axed. what the ****. if carlo ancelotti stayed, then might not have been that much of a hassle, eh?

AVB went to Chelsea too early. He should have stayed with his Porto at least one more season.

LOL, yeah, take a leaf out of Newcastle's book. How many protests have Newcastle held in the last 2 years? Like 10?

Pretty sure you guys even protested over the appointment of Pardew, too.

Also, you averaged about 40,000- still impressive, but not massively. (;

Sigh. We protested about the owner, because quite frankly, he got us relegated. Once we were relegated, we didn't protest, until Houghton was sacked, then they protested about the sacking, but not about the Pardew appointment. Many people found the Pardew appointment odd, not just Newcastle fans, but you can see where we are now. Also, I can't find our average attendance for the season, but we had 52k for Ipswich at home in the Championship, considering they aren't a rival, that's a pretty impressive, considering that is 7k higher than the capacity of Anfield. So pipe down. Unsure why you're having a pop at Newcastle anyway, I suppose it's the fact that an 'average' team is above your beloved Liverpool. Unlucks.

Anyway, the point was that a team doesn't have a divine right to be in the top four, I suppose that is a sentiment that should be shared with such fans like yourself, who are still deluded about Liverpool and the squad you have. Maybe Liverpool and Chelsea fans can both big up the Europa league next year as the best competition, because that's where you are both heading, at best.

To be honest, you can't really judge him on what other people have said about him being a manager, unless you were in his dressing room when he gave team talks. It could all be sour grapes from players who were not getting into the team, or just general rubbish from the media!

I don't think that's completely André Villas-Boas' fault! I doubt the players would be willing to move to obscure clubs from such a successful one, and I also doubt Roman Abramovic would be willing for them to move. 1. He seems fairly obsessive and stubborn (he insisted that Fernando Torres should start, for most of last season) and probably wouldn't be willing for them to leave.

Also, some of those moves probably wouldn't be very concrete, and 2. Villas-Boas was just giving them a chance to prove their worth before offloading them. Selling players who were so established is not an easy thing to do, and it would probably mean that he would have to overspend on a replacement quick!

Until Abramovic realizes that sacking managers after a poor run of results, and giving them little time to put their mark on the squad, is bad, Chelsea fans probably wouldn't be seeing much silverware!

3. He can waste his money all he likes, but this could have more long term problems for Chelsea: maybe managers will be reluctant to move there in the future, fearing their reputation would be ruined or maybe this is just the start of a downward slide for Chelsea.

Again and again, he is wasting his money, and threatening the stability within in the club, by appointing new managers and then sacking them as soon as things turn sour.

4. This is expected, of course, but I don't believe Villas-Boas should be sacked right now, especially with the Birmingham game so soon! This is going to heap a load of pressure on Roberto Di Matteo, who may even be sacked before the end of the season!

- PZW

1. Why wouldn't he want his 50million pount investment to play and prove his worth??
2. Like i said if he actually saw any of last season he would know which players needed to go, some players had many chances and didn't deserve any more.
3. Not a chance, managers all believe in themselfs and all believe they will be successful. Managers will always want to prove themselfs.
4. Or look at it this way, it was the last chance for us to maybe save our season. If recent results and performances are to go by it wouldn't be us going through in the cup.

Alright, I might hate Chelsea... But I feel sorry for AvB. He was never given the chance really. working under immense pressure, due to the Russian **** that is Abramovic. He's a decent manager, and deserves to be at a better club than Chelsea.

The Russian **** that saved this club from going under??? He is a decent manager but this job came too soon for him.

To **** with Chelsea Fc. A team with no history and a potential future, in tatters because their owner knows nothing about football and his obsession with the Champions League combined with that lack of knowledge is nothing but disastrous. The players think they have control and a say in who's in and who does what, when they don't know that they, themselves are the cause for the downward spiral they've made since Mourinho left. The truth is, Chelsea don't deserve a good manager until certain ego's are laid to rest, either by leaving the club, or maturing, seen as how they're in their 30's, you'd think they would know better and they certainly don't deserve Jose Mourinho back. I'll be damned if another one of my personal favourite manager's reputation is in shambles because of that thick idiot with the axe.

107 years this year of history mate get your facts right yer. To say Abramovich knows nothing about football is false too, he felt this was the right call and so do the majority of Chelsea supporters and former players too so do they also know nothing about football also??

AVB went to Chelsea too early. He should have stayed with his Porto at least one more season.

Totally agree, this job with out with the old and in with the new needed someone stronger and more expirienced.

Totally agree, this job with out with the old and in with the new needed someone stronger and more expirienced.

You sacked him as well lol ;)

AVB to Inter Milan, NOW. its 8 games without a win !! god **** claudio ranieri XD

i said it at the start of the season, the guy had one good first year with porto and he was talked about in the same conversation as mourinho, hes very inexperienced and shouldnt of got the job in the first place

Spoken long and hard over AVB, so I'll be short. Fickle decision, by a fickle owner of a fickle club. A good number of the chelsea fans on here have been pretty fickle too, i remember almost all of you crowing about getting such a young talented manager. Some of you have been very quick to withdraw support.

Spoken long and hard over AVB, so I'll be short. Fickle decision, by a fickle owner of a fickle club. A good number of the chelsea fans on here have been pretty fickle too, i remember almost all of you crowing about getting such a young talented manager. Some of you have been very quick to withdraw support.

People are allowed to change their mind, he came with so much promise but delivered so little Mike. From the day he said "every will get a chance to prove themselfs" you just thought that was wrong.

People are allowed to change their mind, he came with so much promise but delivered so little Mike. From the day he said "every will get a chance to prove themselfs" you just thought that was wrong.

I'm confused. Did you expect him to get rid of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, etc in the summer? Or January?