January 2013

IMG_0148.jpg

Short month in terms of results
Do some great poaching in the market
Play Cambuur twice

Transfers

View attachment 364313

So I made quite a few signings. First up I knew we needed a new striker, if Bony was ever to get injured we'd be screwed. He's also away on International duty for now at the AFCONS. So I swooped in for Tomas Necid and got him for quite a decent price. I then signed Niklas Hult, a player I'd had my eyes on since the summer and I wasn't going to get him until the summer when his contract ran out but another team bid for him so I was forced to bid for him and he chose us!! I then loaned in Thorgan Hazard but he got injured in a reserve match and is out for 5 months so I cancelled it. Nabakin was brought in as I felt I needed another decent right back, got him for £2.5m and his value is nearly double that!! I loaned in Michel after the Hazard deal got cancelled. I then snapped up Dos Santos for £160k and his value is £1.6m!!

Tomas Necid - ST

View attachment 364314

Niklas Hult - LW

View attachment 364315

Kirill Nabakin - RB

View attachment 364316

Michel - CAM

View attachment 364330

Mauro Dos Santos - CB

View attachment 364334

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

AZ 0 - 1 Vitesse

Havenaar

A lucky win, very even match and it wasn't until Jeffrey Bruma sent a long ball over the top to Japanese forward Havenaar who slotted home nicely.

SC Cambuur 0 - 0 Vitesse

Disappointing draw to be honest, we hit the woodwork 3 times and should have had a peno but just one of those games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Quarter Final

SC Cambuur 0 - 3 Vitesse

Necid, Propper, Hult

Much better this time, Necid and Hult getting there first goals for the club. We face PSV in the semi final away from home, gonna be tight!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Very short month were there was more action off the pitch than on it. I'm very happy with my transfers as well as even if they don't work out I'm sure I can sell them on for a profit.

There was some really bad news this month though as there has had to be a cash injection to keep us in the black. Hopefully when the purchase the stadium and stop paying the rent of £660k per year then we can improve our finances, I guess it adds a nice twist to the story for you guys!!

View attachment 364335View attachment 364336

Player of the Month

media_xl_727940.jpg

With only three games this month hard to pick but we didn't concede a goal so it goes to Piet.

Table

View attachment 364337

Three points behind Ajax bur more importantly ten clear of Twente!!

February 2013

vitesse_fans.jpg

Stunning result against Valencia
Tough games against Ajax and FC Twente
Bony comes back from the AFCONS... YAAAAY

League

Vitesse 1 - 0 FC Utrecht

Necid

This game looked like it was heading for a draw until in the 91st minute Necid popped up at the back post to grab us the 3 points!!

RKC 0 - 3 Vitesse

Bony, Michel(2)

We were 3-0 up at half time and saw out the rest of the game with ease. Nice to see Michel bagging a double and Bony making a scoring comeback after disappointment in the AFCON's.

FC Twente 3 - 1 Vitesse

Bony

View attachment 364382

Arghh so many shots but poor finishing cost us here. Twente are a good side but will be weaker next year without Douglas who is leaving on a free.

Vitesse 1 - 1 Ajax

Kalas

View attachment 364387

Really frustrated we couldn't see the game out. I deployed my counter tactic and it worked well, but due to fitness and the lack of DM's I had on the bench I was forced to change back to my normal tactic. Ajax scraped one back but they did deserve something to be fair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

First Knockout Round 1st Leg

Vitesse 2 - 1 Valencia

van Ginkel, Bruma

View attachment 364388

A very tight game, good to see van Ginkel getting a goal. Jeffrey Bruma's goal at the end gives us that little bit of hope that if we remain disciplined and focused we might be able to go through here!! We dominated them to be fair with 18 shots to Valencia's 5.

First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Valencia 0 - 1 Vitesse

Bony

View attachment 364393

YES!!! We go through, I deployed my counter tactic once more and it worked wonders here limiting Valencia to just 6 shots and only 2 of them on target. Wilfried Bony scored yet again from a Gonzalez cross!!

We face Zenit in the next round though..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a pretty good month except for that loss to Twente!! Before the Ajax game I would have been very happy with a draw but for them to steal away a win so late was gutting. In the Europa League we've got further than I ever could have hoped for to be honest and hopefully this will be a nice boost in rep for us.

Now I'm thinking of selling Bony, I had a look at his information and I think we got our wires crossed a tad....

View attachment 364396

Ermm okay.. pretty sure I said QUALIFY for the Champions League. Somehow I don't think we'll win the God **** thing!!! How could he think we could?!?! So yeah my logic is sell him before he public demands a transfer and maybe reduces his value. He's such a beast though!!!

Player of the Month

Guram Kashia

Guram+Kashia+sfUEThHMLiRm.jpg

Rock at the back this month, so solid and reliable.

Table

View attachment 364398

Like I predicted Ajax staring to pull away as expected but we do maintain that 10 point gap with Twente which is the key thing.

What transfer budget did you get with Vitesse?

March 2013

353d836dbd15b44552908b6f9a37b938.jpg

Poor Youth Intake
Straight forward month in the league
Two fantastic, dramatic games against Zenit

League

Vitesse 2 - 1 Zwolle

Necid(2)

I rested a number of players here with the Zenit game just a few days after, very tight but two early goals from Tomas Necid secures the 3 points.

FC Groningen 3 - 2 Vitesse

Michel, Bony

Don't be fooled by the result we were shocking here. Three nil down until the 80th minute when we managed to grab two goals back but we were dreadful.

Vitesse 2 - 1 NAC Breda

Bebe, Bony

Another close game which was settled by an 86th minute goal from Bony. Bebe scored an absolute screamer here too!! No lies!!

Vitesse 4 - 0 Heracles

Michel, Necid(2), Gonzalez

Great win here as we finally hit top gear. Heracles started the season really well but have massively slipped off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Second Knockout Round 1st Leg

Zenit 3 - 2 Vitesse

van der Heijden, Bony

View attachment 364574

Before the game, I would have settled for this but after being 2-0 up I can't believe we threw this away. Still getting two away goals gives us that hope that we might just be able to eliminate the Russian giants.

Second Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Vitesse 2 - 1 Zenit

Gonzalez, Bony

View attachment 364577

BOOM!!!! What a match, it was 0-0 at half-time and I was just hoping we could sneak one goal and cling on. Mark Gonzalez gave us a lead just after half-time, then disaster as left back Juelsgard gets sent off. I make some subs but nearly straight after Wilfried Bony struck to make me fist pump in the air!!! Zenit netted shortly after but it didn't matter as we make it to the quarter finals!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Fantastic month this. Not only did we defeat Zenit in the Europa League but we also clinched Champions League qualification for next season!!

View attachment 364581

Brilliant news as Twente had a terrible month.

We didn't have the best of youth intakes mind, a half decent keeper but has horrible base stats.

View attachment 364585

No-one worth a screen shot to be honest.

Now as we managed to sneak past Zenit on the away goals rule we were into the next round of the Europa League so here's the draw:

View attachment 364586

Very kind draw really, Freiburg were probably the weakest team along with ourselves in the draw!!

Player of the Month

Tomas Necid

tomas-necid.jpg

Been key in maintaining our storm on the Europa League and the league as he's filled in very well for Bony when needed to.

Table

View attachment 364588

Ajax slipped up so we're still in the title hunt!!​

its been a very enjoyable read. i would keep bony even if he is unhappy at not winning champions league

April 2013

Vitesse+Arnhem.jpg

Big shock in the Europa League
Solid league form continues as Ajax start to get nervous
Bebe shows class this month

League

Feyenoord 0 - 1 Vitesse

Bebe

A solid win here, Bebe scored a nice goal. Feyenoord have been shocking this season though.

Vitesse 1 - 1 Roda JC

Bebe

Once again Bebe scores. Disappointing draw though, Roda seem to be a bit of a bogey side.

Vitesse 3 - 1 NEC

Bebe, Bony, Michel

Big win here over our rivals as Bebe nets once more. Michel also scored, he's really impressed during his loan spell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Vitesse 0 - 1 Freiburg

Disappointing result here, we really should have done better.

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Freiburg 1 - 1 Vitesse

Bony

View attachment 365054

Sadly our first game cost us, we were much better here but unfortunately our run comes to an end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Semi Final

PSV 0 - 1 Vitesse

Bony

Very tight game but Bony's goal in the 31st minute won it for us meaning our very first KNVB Cup Final ever!!

Final

De Graafschap 0 - 3 Vitesse

Gonzalez, Bony(2)

View attachment 365058

YAAAY a trophy. Now De Graafschap are in the league below us so it was a straight forward game but they did some giant killing knocking out Twente and Heerenveen on the way to the final.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Big month for us, now we might have been knocked out of the Europa League by arguably the weakest opposition we've faced but we did win our very first KNVB Cup!! League form has been good though and Bebe has been fantastic this month!! Yes, no lies he has actually done pretty well!!

Now I'm going to show you the league table here because its pretty special...

View attachment 365059

Thats right top with one game to go!! On goal difference but all we need to do is equal Ajax's result and we're champions!! Here's the last game for us and Ajax:

View attachment 365060

PSV last game, we've beaten them this month in the cup and smashed them 5-0 earlier in the season!! Ajax should beat ADO Den Haag. BUT we will be without Bony! He picked up a knock in the Cup Final and will miss the biggest game in our history.

Player of the Month

Bebe

bebe-2010-8-17-11-0-491.jpg

Yes Bebe. He's been superb in the league this month and really impressive this season all round!!

Nice to see you are back :)
Thank you =]

its been a very enjoyable read. i would keep bony even if he is unhappy at not winning champions league
Yeah he's just so immense, but I am tempted to sell as I haven't been given a very big budget :/

Same. Im at FC Twente in my http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...es/122452-return-maestro-rui-costa-story.html. Have a look if you get some time.

Cant wait for the end of the season though!
I'll check it out in a bit mate :)

May 2013 and End of Season Awards

Jurgen+Locadia+PSV+Eindhoven+v+Vitesse+Arnhem+VGHy6Cf0E2xx.jpg

Thrilling end to the season with match against PSV
Bony wins Top Goalscorer
Davy Propper win Dutch Young Player of the Year

Final Day

So we entered the final day of the season, the biggest game in the clubs history without star player Wilfried Bony. All we needed to do was match Ajax's result, lets have a look at how they got on anyway:

Ajax Result

ADO Den Haag 1 - 2 Ajax

View attachment 365218

Lucky *******. They were heading for a draw but a last minute goal means we HAD to win.

PSV v Vitesse

4th Minute: Jan-Arie va der Heijden picks up a yellow card for shirt pulling

22nd Minute: This is turning into an ugly game with 5 yellow cards been shown already!!

24th Minute: CHANCE!! Good play by Tomas Necid up top as his clever pass finds Bebe but the Portugese winger sends it wide!!

35th Minute: CORNER VITESSE, Theo Janssen takes it, swings it near post Jeffrey Bruma is there..... GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL. Vitesse take the lead thanks to record signing Jeffry Bruma.

HT: Its been all Vitesse so far, Tomas Necid has missed a few chances and you have to feel that if Bony was available Vitesse would be much further ahead.

52nd Minute: RED CARD. Second yellow for Vitesse's van der Heijden and he's sent off. Silly foul, completely pointless.

56th Minute: PSV GOAL. The extra man already showing as PSV equalise through Tim Matavz.

61st Minute: PSV GOAL. Domination now from PSV as they take the lead thanks to Hiljemark.

67th Minute: CHANCE!! Hult leads the counter attack for Vitesse and crosses deep... Bebe is there......... MISSES!!!

FT: Vitesse lose and as news filters through that Ajax won its despair for the travelling fans.

View attachment 365241

Yeah that happened... we had it. We were champions but a ridiculous sending off ruined it. Bebe and Necid missed a hat-full of chances but I can't blame the lads its been a superb season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Table and Player Stats

View attachment 365243View attachment 365244

Bony was top goalscorer obviously but I'm really tempted to sell him :/. Gonzalez was a solid loanee and a player I'd love to have stay but it probably wont happen. Twente really slipped off the pace in the league and Feyenoord certainly had a season to forget!!

Squad

View attachment 365257View attachment 365258

Bruma was well worth the £10m we paid for him. Kashia and Kalas were also great at the back. Bony was superb as well, Davy Propper suprised me and had a very good season. Nabakin was a good addition in January as was Michel on loan.

On the other end of the spectrum Given was awful as was Jonathan Reis when called upon. Hult struggled to settle a bit but showed signs of promis occasionaly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards

M3629_1_A1078A.JPG

Top Goalscorer

1. Wilfried Bony - 28 Games, 24 Goals
2. Michiel Hemmem - 30 Games, 19 Goals
3. Siem De Jong - 34 Games, 19 Goals

View attachment 365278

Young Player of the Year

1st. Davy Propper - Vitesse
2nd. Christian Eriksen - Ajax
3rd. Yanic Wildschut - VVV

View attachment 365286

Managers Player of the Year

Wilfried Bony

View attachment 365288

My personal award, Bony has been sensational and I can understand why he wants to move to a bigger club. Hopefully he can understand why I don't wanna let him go!!

Managers Young Player of the Year

Jeffrey Bruma

View attachment 365291

Came with a hefty price tag, being our record signing. But he's been an absolute rock, I see him as our main centre back for many years.

That's it for this season guys!! A very good season if you ask me, shame about the last day but hey that's football manager sometimes. Looking forward to next season, I'm still not sure about whether to sell Bony or not. We haven't been given much money for next season so I'm in two minds. Thanks for reading.

Sell Bony, you could easily get £20m+ off the sale and replace him with a similar player like Mbokani.

Sell Bony, you could easily get £20m+ off the sale and replace him with a similar player like Mbokani.

I disagree. And esp for Mbokani who s good but not as good.

He's your best player and reasonably young. Moreover he's integrated in the squad and anybody you buy will take time to acclimatise. Forget about your promise. Continue playing him. He may remember the promise but so what? Renew his contract asap and when (if?) he remembers your promise he may ask for transfer. Reject it. His performances will not drop and he'll eventually say he's happy. I do that ALL the time. NEVER sold a player I didnt want to sell in my life.

Id actually sell Necid who' s good but not great and look to bring in somebody better:

Look for people on the tranny list: Abel Hernandez/Belfodil are awesome and usually available for peanuts. Or ASPAS is a GOD and has a 8.75m rel clause. Play and train him for a season and he'll score bucketloads and his value will shoot up to 17m! If you have dosh unsettle Bernard from Athletico Minheiro and he' ll be yours for 23m (half with instalments). He' s the easiest player to unsettle: publicly state that you re looking to sign him but nothing definite. Couple of days later endorse him and state he's wasted at Atl Mineiro. Make a bid for around 15m. It will be rejected. Withdraw it. A couple of days later he'll be on tranny list and they ll be asking around 23m!

At cb (if you feel you need somebody) ENZO ANDIA comes cheap and is extremely good.

I would make certain that Van der Heijden never sets a foot in a football field ever again.

I would make certain that Van der Heijden never sets a foot in a football field ever again.
He's left anyway, wasn't planning on renewing his contract lol

I disagree. And esp for Mbokani who s good but not as good.

He's your best player and reasonably young. Moreover he's integrated in the squad and anybody you buy will take time to acclimatise. Forget about your promise. Continue playing him. He may remember the promise but so what? Renew his contract asap and when (if?) he remembers your promise he may ask for transfer. Reject it. His performances will not drop and he'll eventually say he's happy. I do that ALL the time. NEVER sold a player I didnt want to sell in my life.

Id actually sell Necid who' s good but not great and look to bring in somebody better:

Look for people on the tranny list: Abel Hernandez/Belfodil are awesome and usually available for peanuts. Or ASPAS is a GOD and has a 8.75m rel clause. Play and train him for a season and he'll score bucketloads and his value will shoot up to 17m! If you have dosh unsettle Bernard from Athletico Minheiro and he' ll be yours for 23m (half with instalments). He' s the easiest player to unsettle: publicly state that you re looking to sign him but nothing definite. Couple of days later endorse him and state he's wasted at Atl Mineiro. Make a bid for around 15m. It will be rejected. Withdraw it. A couple of days later he'll be on tranny list and they ll be asking around 23m!

At cb (if you feel you need somebody) ENZO ANDIA comes cheap and is extremely good.
Haha this is what I'm on about mate, I'm split down the middle myself. Club finances aren't great so he might have to go :/

Thanks for all the suggestions mate, made some nice signings already will have a look at some of those though!! Bernard I've had my eye on for ages, never signed him on FM13 yet!! Will need some more money though.

Easily get over £20m for him!! Tough choice.