Walcott apoligises over penalty incident

Pantsil

Reaction score
Theo Walcott has apologised to Arsène Wenger and Simon Grayson for diving in the final stages of Arsenal’s draw with Leeds on Saturday.

The winger was hauled down for the last-minute spot-kick that levelled the FA Cup Third Round tie. But, just before that, the home side had claimed a penalty when the England international appeared to be felled by Paul Connolly. However, speaking afterwards, Walcott admitted he had not been clipped.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/walcott-apologises-over-penalty-incident

If it was a leeds player they woulda have kicked us out of the comp -.- .... bah , anyway BRING IT ON @ELLAND ROAD :D

If it was a leeds player they woulda have kicked us out of the comp -.- .... bah , anyway BRING IT ON @ELLAND ROAD :D
no they wouldnt... so lets not make things up

God you talk ****... Before anyone says anything I would like to point out, he's talking about the first incident. Not the one that we got given.

Think its very honest of him, but tbh I think hes right most other players would and have done the same. Any club who is close to being on the wrong ed of an upset will do anything to make sure it doesn't happen.(Thierry henry vs Ireland) Im not supporting what he done just saying its not uncommon in todays game.

lol, to be fair the penalty they did win was a nailed on foul

You have to admit it was a very soft penalty but I guess I think this to being biased and also the fact he didn't go down, which is commendable. Oh well very good game and hopefully one just as good back at ER.

Expect refs not to give Walcott the benefit of the dout for a while now.

as an arsenal fan, hope Wenger comes and speaks out against what Walcott tried to do. But he wont just spin it and say how honest walcott is and other teams/players are evil again.

hope the FA, and more importantly the Players Union say something

Expect refs not to give Walcott the benefit of the dout for a while now.
i dunno, they will be more watchful, but i dont think it will have a big adverse affect

Think its very honest of him, but tbh I think hes right most other players would and have done the same. Any club who is close to being on the wrong ed of an upset will do anything to make sure it doesn't happen.(Thierry henry vs Ireland) Im not supporting what he done just saying its not uncommon in todays game.

Please dont talk rubbish, if a Chelsea player had done that, you would all be slagging him off, Theo made a mistake and he apologised, not all players would have done what he did despite being on the wrong end of a upset, either way that penalty was not given so meh who cares

How stupid do you have to be to come out and say this, wouldn't be surprised if he got a ban but at least he has apologised.

well done theo for admitting it more of a man than most players.
and any player would do the same given the situation.

God you talk ****... Before anyone says anything I would like to point out, he's talking about the first incident. Not the one that we got given.

read everything i said next time. LOL i was kidding kid.

He wouldn't have admitted it if it was his dive that actually won the penalty. He's saying it now to make himself look good because it didn't have an impact on the match, but if it did he wouldn't have admitted it and become nationally hated for it.

He wouldn't have admitted it if it was his dive that actually won the penalty. He's saying it now to make himself look good because it didn't have an impact on the match, but if it did he wouldn't have admitted it and become nationally hated for it.

thats football

Fair play theo.

Glad it wasn't actually given in the end, so Leeds can't blame it.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

and you know that how?

and you know that how?

Well why would he risk his reputation by admitting that his actions unfairly changed the game. Also not to mention the amount of trouble he would get into for it. I doubt anyone would admit it in those circumstances.