Wandering around a bit...and back again

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - November 2016

View attachment 150880

November - my favourite time of the year...well not really. This November turned out to be the month to get sacked, jobs were coming available left right and centre. The main casualty was Guardiola getting sacked by Man City and replaced by Jose Mourinho.

The World Golden Ball shortlist was announced, and for some bizarre reason they haven't included Tom Carroll, must be an oversight as he is loving life in France so far.

Matches

View attachment 150876
Nice easy start to the month, Montpellier are struggling a bit and there weren't many chances for either side.

View attachment 150875
Very good result here, we actually outplayed them for most of the game, would have taken a point before the match so can't complain.

View attachment 150874
Another team near the bottom but couldn't get the edge, another player sent off, my discipline is always bad! I probably should find them when they get sent off....

View attachment 150873
****......That is all

Table
View attachment 150872

Still 6th but we are 2 points off second - I want to chase for top 4 so might need to get some loanees in the next window. Phil Jones looks available.....who can resist this face!
View attachment 150864

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - December 2016

View attachment 150675

We enter December within touching distance of a top 4 finish. Top 4 would be good but to get into the Champions League I need to finish in 3rd or higher. December is the month of Christmas and giving presents, hopefully I won't be handing out 3 points as presents this month....

Matches

View attachment 150674
We start the season away at Valenciennes, a tough draw here but a point on the road is always good.

View attachment 150673
Another Draw, Troyes are predicted 2nd last so this should have been easy, but they seem to be doing well this year...

View attachment 150672
Yeah this was always going to be tough, we didn't play well at all so I went for my trusted "hurt everyone" tactic which helped us get a goal back towards the end..

View attachment 150671
Another loss and to a side down the bottom, we had many chances but no one seemed to want to score today.

View attachment 150670
A good, a nice win to end the month, it was helped by the fact they were playing a long time with 10 men.

Table
View attachment 150669

still up in the good half of the table, and look at Troyes - they seem to be pulling a Leicester as the team predicted 2nd from last are currently 2nd, let's see if they stay there

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - January Transfers

View attachment 150668

January is here and we can look for any new players we need. Sidney Sam has been dropped after a run of some terrible performances. I am going to look at the loan market again as this seems to best way for now.

Transfers

View attachment 150663

4 Players joined this window - the fourth player is a newgen that the director of football bought so I will ignore him for now.

Chiriches
View attachment 150662
Good old Vlad just isn't cutting it in Italy with Napoli, only playing 18 games in the last 2 seasons. I wanted another CB to push the other too on and so far he has proven very useful

Rossiter
View attachment 150661
I had arranged to get in Juan Iturbe and some Argentina bloke from Atletico Madrid, but I kinda forgot about the fact you can only have 2 non EU players registered....so I scrapped them and got this man! not likely to start many games but will cover in the cup and when they get tired

Deulofeu
View attachment 150660
Our new RW, as Sam was playing terrible I looked to the market and saw this man, costing quite a bit to get him here but he should help push us up the table.

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - January 2017

View attachment 150658

The new year is here - new years resolution, stop trying to kill the opposition players, sure it's fun but it's not very sporting. I've also decided to go Vegan.....it might help!

View attachment 150656

West Ham offer me an interview - usually this would be awesome but I have no intention of managing in England in this game - told them to jog on.

Matches

View attachment 150648
French cup - and we're out! Horrible game, didn't play well at all.

View attachment 150647
Oh wow that was lucky, I was expecting a big loss here but we snuck a late winner! perfect

View attachment 150649
A great game to watch here, lots of goals, Chiriches scoring in the wrong goal!

View attachment 150646
An away draw here is decent, and keeps us in 7th

Table
View attachment 150645

Still up in 7th but we are now 6 points off 3rd, and look at Troyes - still kicking *** up there!

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - February/March 2016

View attachment 150496

Our players have settled in and things are starting to move along nicely, and we get a job offer very early in the month

View attachment 150458

No thanks - I asked if they gave Toffees as payment, they declined so I didn't attend the interview.

View attachment 150475
Not happy after this result, we were cruising and a controversial penalty costs us two points. It told me it was controversial, I couldn't tell as all I see are circles running round the pitch...2d for life!!

View attachment 150474
Lowly Stade De Reims pull off a bit of a shock here, I felt certain to win and we just didn't deliver.

View attachment 150472
Lovely win to get our hopes of Europe back up and running! Made it look easy too

View attachment 150471
Hard fought draw here against a side who look set for the drop, we seem to struggle against teams who are struggling.

View attachment 150470
HAHA we got the double over the traitors that is Angers, they are not low enough down the league yet.

Youth intake

View attachment 150463
Pretty decent again actually, I'm usually not very lucky when it comes to these - or maybe my team's star rating is pretty shocking so half decent newgens look like world beaters.

Two of the best
View attachment 150461

View attachment 150460

View attachment 150469
Ah that's better, I was worried we were going to fail to win here as we were up against the side at the bottom of the table, nice 6 points.

View attachment 150467
and we come crashing down again, did not play well at all, and look at all those cards we pick up - I'm not even instructing them to do it in some cases.

View attachment 150466
..and another shocking display. It seemed like every shot they had on target went in, was very frustrating to watch.

View attachment 150456

Now this is interesting...I would love to take over a team like Monaco, much more spending power and a stronger squad...I of course accept the interview...

Time will tell if I get the job....

Table
View attachment 150465

Ouch - those last 2 losses sent us hurtling down the table, other teams have played more than us but this isn't nice to look at.

FC Girondins De Bordeaux - End of Season 16/17

View attachment 150004

News of my interview with Monaco - They hated me! oh well I'll stay here a bit longer then!

Matches

View attachment 150015
Nice easy win to start off the month - always in control and it pushed us back up the table.

View attachment 150014
Ouch - not a good result here, and one of our best players gets injured in the process

View attachment 150013
Well earned point here, were expecting to lose but PSG had already got the title, so maybe their motivation had gone?

View attachment 150012
We lose to the mustard people...Dijon, mustard? right?? Didn't play well again, it's almost if the players don't want to be in Europe!!!!

View attachment 150011
Awesome, we get a nice win here, should have had more but I'll take it

View attachment 150010
Yes another win here against Troyes who were vying for 2nd.

View attachment 150009
A hard earned draw against Lyon - very happy.

View attachment 150008
We were very lucky to get a result here, was an open game and either team could have won! loving the results we are having lately.

View attachment 150007
Boom! what a win, Marseille have had a terrible season but still would expect them to put up more of a fight!

Table
View attachment 150006

3rd!!!!! F**k yeah! was not expecting to get this high, especially after some of the stupid losses we endured. This means we get the last slot in the Champions League! exciting times!

On a more negative note look how Troyes fell apart in the last 2 months...finish in 12th after being at the top for so long.

View attachment 150005

End of Season Awards

awesome finish to the season! busy summer ahead?

Yeah most likely, as usual we have a few people wanting to move onto bigger things - as long as I keep Malcolm and Arambarri, I will be happy - Oh and the legend that is Tom Carroll.

FC Girondins de Bordeaux

View attachment 149424

Transfers

This transfer window has been wonderful - only one player was complaining that he wanted to leave and that is our young right back Guilbert. I have grown a bit attached to him as he is very handy, so he is going nowhere.

Departures

Gustavo Bou £2.4m
- he hadn't been here long but I had 3 strikers and one had to go, he was Foreign and with the rules in France you cannot have more than 4 so he had to leave. I may have been hasty to get rid of him and probably could have got more....meh it's not my money!

Sidney Sam 575k - He was shocking, played terrible, was always in a bad mood, didn't join in any of the games at the Christmas party...

We had multiple players leave on free's (Sane, Prior, Maurice-Belay etc) rotation players from last year but they needed to be replaced.

Incomings

Graziano Pelle - 600k
View attachment 149423
First signing was a new man up top - last year our top scorer had 10 goals, not the best! Pelle will bring in lots of Experience and hopefully bag me lots of goals this year!

Adil Rami - 1.9m
View attachment 149422
After contracts expired and Chiriches ended his loan spell I only had 2 CB's left...and after Chris Smalling didn't want to join on loan I found this guy, great CB with tons of experience too! should really help this year.

Augustin Marchesin - Free
View attachment 149421
I'm loving some of these agents in this game, they offered this man to me on a free and he looks amazing, straight into the number 1 spot (I almost signed Sam Johnstone until this guy turned up - way better)

Hirving Lozano - Free
View attachment 149420
Lozano has been a signing I have made in pretty much every save this year, great player. Should rival Malcolm on the left - but he added to my foreign limit

Ryan Babel - Free
View attachment 149419
Another free transfer, I wasn't sure whether to confirm this one, we have 5 wingers now and I can't see him getting too many games, but with the Champions league, if we get anywhere we will need the depth.

Vlad Chiriches - Loan
View attachment 149418
And he's back - I asked to extend the loan and they said no...I waited until he went back to Napoli and he was on the loan list again. All 4 CB's are good quality now so should push each other along.

so with these new additions, time will tell if we can keep up the push into Europe!

Nice signings! Your squad looks a ton better now. Do you think you'll make any more?

Nice signings! Your squad looks a ton better now. Do you think you'll make any more?

Yeah squad has really improved - still way off the standards of PSG though!

I might bring in another player, need another CM but will see what's out their as we don't have much money.

FC Girondins De Bordeaux

View attachment 149217

Start of the season

Another year - another harvest of the Vinyard - lovely flavour this year and has a great kick to it, Ryan Babel has been our new wine taster and he loves it.

Matches

View attachment 149207
First game of the season and we went to war here, just a couple yellow cards! maybe we should just aim for the most yellows in a season, could easily win that! as much as we tried we could not get a goal today, we looked very sharp for most of the game but it wasn't happening.

View attachment 149206
Another game where we dominated but couldn't get the winning goal, they scored with their only shot on target and I was worrying we were going to lose. Pelle gets his first goal of the season, lets hope there is a few more.

View attachment 149205
This was really disappointing, we should have got 3 points again, our fans left upset with us, must start winning these easy games.

View attachment 149202
Finally our first win of the season, and in our Champions league play off game! This was a very boring game for anyone watching, 7 shots in total...2 on target, snore.

View attachment 149201
Another 1-0 and another goal for Pelle, should have had a few more as we were much the better team.

View attachment 149200
Another new signing, I needed another man for DM and CM roles and we bag this guy for 600k. He isn't going to be starting very many games but will be a good back up player, and help us when they start getting tired.

View attachment 149199
First game where we scored more than 1 goal in a game, and it was needed to help get us through the tie and into the group stage, and a nice 8m pay day!

View attachment 149197
oh dear, this is not a very easy group, I am going to have to pull something out my *** here to get us through!

View attachment 149196
oo another feisty match with cards all over the place Rami seems to be building up a collection already. Good win again, but I don't like having 1-0 wins as it gets a bit nervy towards the end .

View attachment 149194
Decent start, we have been doing really well but getting more goals is where we need to improve...

FC Girondins De Bordeaux

View attachment 148756

September 2017

View attachment 148755
Our first match of the month and we are completely outclassed - I had a look and in the last 3 seasons PSG have spent over 300m on players.....and their team looks very solid so I can't complain! could have been worse :)

View attachment 148754
Our first match back in Europe and we suffer another defeat, our sturdy right back getting sent off early in the match didn't help.

View attachment 148753
Bore draw unfortunately, a match that looked to be easy pickings. My head was in my hands when we conceded a late penalty and I thought it was going to be one of those days but they blast the ball wide and we hang on for the point.

View attachment 148752
an unlikely win against Marseille gets us our first win of the month. A few more are needed to keep us up high where we are.

View attachment 148751
Struggling Nantes managed to tear a point away from us, their goalkeeper was kept busy for the whole match but we couldn't break through.

View attachment 148750
no scare draw against a 10-man Man United, we were lucky to even get a point to be honest, even with the 10 men they moved the ball around well and really showed their class

View attachment 148749
Reims who were sitting 2nd from bottom before this match chose today to start playing well, and we helped by putting up little resistance, apart from some dodgy tackles on our part!

View attachment 148748
Down to 9th, not a great month makes us slide down the table, long time to go yet.

Last edited:
FC Girondins De Bordeaux

View attachment 148727

October/November 2017

We all start the month in a positive mood
View attachment 148723
oh....well that didn't go well, I'm taking the arrogant angry route and blaming them, worked for most of them! A lot of players are saying that my tactics don't suit the players, they are probably right but sod em! I like possession football.

View attachment 148722
After our lovely team talk I decided to drop some of the players moaning - partly because they were moaning and partly because I like my players starting to be over 90% fit...not sure why but I do! Worked out well, 2-0 against a good side.

View attachment 148721
Another loss in Europe, not going well at all! bottom of the group and looking very difficult for us to qualify already.

View attachment 148720
After the upsetting trip to Turkey we ate lost of Turkish Desserts - Baklava etc to make us forget the pain We get back to lovely France and get a nice win, a good performance by Pelle here, may not have many seasons left but he does well as a target man.

View attachment 148719
I partly wish I got the Monaco job when I had the interview, would have been a decent side but a win against them here would have been better....nope..ok moving on.

View attachment 148718
A good point here against a skilful Lyon, We had hardly any possession which is strange for my tactic, just weren't up for it

View attachment 148717
I needed a win here and it didn't happen, We hit the woodwork twice and their keeper did some brilliant saves (I think) the sending off didn't help but it just wasn't our night.

View attachment 148716
A nice win here, always want to beat them after they left us....and yes that is THE Fernando Torres playing for Angers

View attachment 148715
Another 3 points, and we didn't get any yellow cards, makes a change!

View attachment 148714
We are rock bottom of the Champions league group so a win here was vital, it wasn't pretty but it was what we needed, Galatasary just can't win or we will be out

View attachment 148711
CRAAAAAAP!!!! Galatasary beat Man u away, so despite the win we are out, and probably not even in Europa league.

View attachment 148713
Last match of the month is a good away point against ST Etienne, they are close to us in the table so I didn't want them leapfrogging us.

View attachment 148712
As we close in on December we are up to 8th, and 3 points from 4th. Lyon are taking a good lead at the top so the point we got earlier was really good!

FC Girondins De Bordeaux

View attachment 148365

December 2017

December, a time for warmer clothes, eating hot chesnuts, or generally moaning at your manager for various reasons...

It's not been the most fun month as you can probably tell...it ends more exciting than it starts!

View attachment 148360
Lovely start to the month - nice win against Auxerre and a decent performance...everyone's happy right? WRONG!

View attachment 148359
The guy who scored 2 goals didn't like my half time team talk, I told him it was for their benefit and they didn't like that....

View attachment 148356
Oh wonderful, Malcom is a wanted man again, can't blame them as he is my best player by far!

View attachment 148355
Of course he does, I explained that he can go once I have a replacement, that wasn't good enough, I said I will if they give a good enough offer, and he still didn't like it....can't win sometimes!

So I told him he can stay and I won't sell him ...more unhappy players!

View attachment 148353
We were already knocked out of the tournament so there was nothing we could do here, put a youthful side out and dropped a few moany people.

View attachment 148352
I thought I would get a better result here but Morale is low after all the meetings so probably was a good result....and now another team meeting.

View attachment 148351
Guilbert wanted to leave for R. Madrid , nothing I said was good enough and everyone turns on me again, this is getting fun! Guilbert and a Pelle (who has been at the front of every revolt so far) will be dropped.

View attachment 148348
a nice win in the cup and we advance to the Quarter Finals - Not many big teams are left in this now so we could go all the way! that would be a nice way to end the season.

View attachment 148346
Dijon come and visit again but this time it's in the league and we have a draw.

Some weird manager movements happening this month.....
View attachment 148345

Clarke was sacked less than a month ago for doing terribly with West Ham (currently 15th) and then Arsenal hire him???????? did no one else want the Gunners job?

View attachment 148344
Now this is an interesting one....with David Moyes as one of the men tipped to get the job I might stand a chance...

Application form goes in....fingers crossed.

View attachment 148341
An eventful match to end the month, not at our best again but everyone seems distracted as am I!

View attachment 148340
We end December in 6th place, and some of our next few fixtures look winnable so I'm excited for the next few months - also Yann M'Vila looks available...always loved this guy on FM

Last edited:
Good job so far with Bordeaux, shame about some of the players behaviour though!
I take it you got the Dortmund job seeing as Bordeaux aren't in blue on the league table? :p

Good job so far with Bordeaux, shame about some of the players behaviour though!
I take it you got the Dortmund job seeing as Bordeaux aren't in blue on the league table? :p

I'd noticed that, wasn't going to say anything ;)