Wandering around a bit...and back again

Borussia Dortmund - Dec 2020

View attachment 142903

View attachment 142901
We start off with out last match in the group stage, we get the win and overtake Soceidad to finish top of the group - woohoo! nice to get through!

We draw Metalist in the next round

View attachment 142900
It was nice to get through but losing this man for 6 months is horrible, he has been great so far, and his replacement isn't my favourite....

View attachment 142899
We give Frankfurt a good grilling ( see what I did there ;) ) very even match but a late goal by Rodriguez gives us the win!

View attachment 142893
Baba Rahman becomes the second player this month to get injured.

View attachment 142898
Kostovski gets to face his old team but doesn't have much to do for the game as we were in control and never looked like losing.

View attachment 142897
Paderborn are the next team we take 3 points from, it seemed like they were out to hurt us today but we kept our composure and Fick gets another goal!

View attachment 142892
Unfortunately Fick has Bayern after him again..he now demands we win the title or he is off! I promised we will do it this year to keep him happy (and if not I'm probably off this year anyway so it's the next person's problem)

View attachment 142896
True to form we have a good month and lose the last game! Hertha have had an amazing month and the table shows this!

View attachment 142894
They fly into top spot and we have lots of competition to getting this title!

Last edited:
going alright mate. I like the new ss layout.

whats up with schalke's manager situation? :)

going alright mate. I like the new ss layout.

whats up with schalke's manager situation? :)

Cheers man!

That was just one manager out and one in - the skin seems to screw up a bit when someone takes over as a caretaker manager for some reason!

Borussia Dortmund - Jan 2021

View attachment 142859

January transfer window is upon us, or we could just call it "have a whinge month"

Moan #1
View attachment 142858
Rodriguez isn't happy about me rejecting a 30m offer from Bayern - I say I want more money but he isn't happy...

Moan #2 (the very same day)
View attachment 142857
Rumours circulate that Man U want him - he wants to leave and throws toys out the pram again....digging my heels in now! I would have let him leave if we got a good offer for him but now....NOPE!!

Moan #3(the day after)
View attachment 142856
I'm happy to say it was from a different player this time, Nainggolan now wants to leave, I plead and again gets grumpy and threatens a revoke, still not leaving!

View attachment 142855
We had a team meeting and not many of the team supported me in the matter....this was what happened on the training camp!

I now have my best players wanting to leave and expecting me to sell them for peanuts....don't get me wrong I love peanuts and truth be told I eat more than any man should but that wasn't going to happen!

View attachment 142854
This was good timing - he was starting to want to leave with clubs like PSG circling around, this stopped that!

View attachment 142853
Maybe a blessing in disguise, same as Coman! Slightly frustrating as I need players at the moment.

View attachment 142852
Bayern came calling for Fick again...this time he didn't ask to leave! this was their biggest bid!

As Coric was out for the season (or most of it) I looked to get cover in the AMC role, Coutinho was on the transfer list, my bid was accepted....but he didn't think we could afford him so didn't even meet with us!

View attachment 142851
More **** news - he refused to talk to us about a new contract and follows in the footsteps of many Dortmund players and goes to Munich!

View attachment 142850
Back to the football, the sought after Fick (who has 5 clubs trailing him now) delivers for us, Hamburg started well but trailed off pretty quickly!

View attachment 142849
A thrilling match for the supporters to watch, a game where we played really well and came out rightfully on top!

View attachment 142848
2 points separate the top 3, be interesting if it stays this close until May!

I'm starting to think with all these players complaining I'm not the best at man management.....PAH!!

Borussia Dortmund - Feb 2021

View attachment 142840

I had a quick look back through the fixtures and Fick has scored a goal or more in the last 9 matches! 2 of those were friendlies but still that is quite a record....can he carry that on?

View attachment 142839
Of course not, We don't put away any of our chances and Mainz take all the points and we travel back home, sad and deflated.

View attachment 142838
We are in Ukraine this evening to give them what for! Fick get's back into the score way and we come away with 3 away goals and a 2 goal lead, superb! let's not **** up the return leg

View attachment 142837
Fick needed a bit of a rest so Morata comes in and does very well, a brace on his return to the starting line up and an all round great performance adds to the 3 points.

View attachment 142836
We are into the next round! a bore draw but we had most of the possession (as usual) many many shots at goal but couldn't get past their number 1.

We drew Benfica in the next round

View attachment 142835
Wolfsburg prove no real problem for us, even though they had more efforts on goal we make ours count and leave on the bus a happy team!

View attachment 142834
The best performance I have seen the lads play for a while, totally in control and could have been many more! More like this please!

View attachment 142833
It took us a while but we move up to 2nd and Hertha slip down, unfortunately Bayern didn't want to drop points this month....maybe next month?

View attachment 142832
The new recruits turn up! 2 players look very tasty, both strikers!

View attachment 142831

View attachment 142830

Borussia Dortmund - March 2021

View attachment 142468

View attachment 142465
We get the month off to a good start as we take on Benfica (or SLB as FM likes to call them) Fairly even match but it's our man Fick who settles the tie. We take a good lead with us to Portugal so that should be enough to see us through.

View attachment 142464
A goal fest in Stuttgart gives us an entertaining, yet frustrating, game. We were the better side but couldn't keep our lead till the end where Mangala the liability scores an own goal!

View attachment 142463
Off to Portugal for the second leg and the away 2-2 draw is just what we needed to go through. There were many attempts from both sides to get a winner but it wasn't to be, but we are more than happy with the draw.

View attachment 142462
Another match where Fick proves to be the pivotal man, he gets another brace and looked superb the whole game! he is climbing up the top scorer list, can he surge to the top of the list?

View attachment 142461
Last game of the season away at Schalke and an uncharacteristic performance sees us outplayed, we make our chances count and take away the 3 points!

View attachment 142460
4 points behind Bayern as we enter the last few months! can we catch them?

View attachment 142459
They asked for me to consider renewing my contract...as much as I do like Dortmund I am a wanderer, can't stay somewhere too long so I need to pack my bags at the end of the year!

Borussia Dortmund - April 2021

View attachment 142271

Drawing close to the end now, I want to get this title! it's going to be difficult but we will keep fighting!

View attachment 142270
We don't get off to the best start if we are going to catch Bayern, we deserved more from this and we looked much better than Leverkusen! Neither of us had any clear cut chances though...so maybe a draw was fair!

View attachment 142269
****!!!! Well this was really not what we needed to do! It felt like every highlight was them about to score against us! I was gutted after this result and looks like the title has gone now....

View attachment 142268
The guys felt my wrath after the last match so decided to pick up some form, they were excellent here and hopefully that should see us into the Semi!

WE MEET LIVERPOOL IN THE SEMIS

View attachment 142267
one shot from Gladbach, we should have many more goals but couldn't finish today, 3 points were needed.

View attachment 142266
We should have beaten them again but our finishing proved lacklustre again in this match! we are through but this wasn't good enough.

View attachment 142264
Another thriller of a game, Fick get's a hattrick and we smash Hannover, from the stats it would look like they had control but it never looked like that.

View attachment 142263
aaaaarrrghhh, 7 points off top!

all is lost!!!!!!!

(I never said I was good at this game)

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - May 2021

View attachment 1062411

Final month, this is where it comes down to, Fick wants to leave if we don't get the title I promised him....might have screwed them a little there, my bad!

View attachment 142021
We get off to a great start with a nice win at home, we could have had many more but the points were the important thing.

View attachment 142019
Smashed em, our Semi Final start with a brilliant thrashing of Liverpool, it seemed harder than it was but we have a massive lead going into the next round.

View attachment 142017
We come back to the Bundasliga and drop points, it was a very open game and could have gone either way, I got a little excited when we got out late goal but it was too late to change things.

View attachment 142015
We travel to Scouse land and hold our own against the reds, We went there knowing we couldn't lose by more than 4, so not too much of a hard task

WE PLAY ROMA IN THE FINAL!!

View attachment 142014
Another massive win at home for us, we do like these big wins! Unfortunately this was followed by some bad news...

View attachment 142005
Yeah I failed, in the end it proved too hard a task to catch them, they have such spending power and the team is so consistent!

View attachment 142013
We don't let this effect us and grab another 3 points on the road this time. We didn't play well but we were almost scoring every chance we had! I don't think there keeper managed to save a shot....

View attachment 142012
This is how we end the season, 6 points from 1st but way above 3rd place! pretty disappointed by this but I could be here a while trying to overthrow them!

View attachment 142004
Kostovski gets injured on the last game of the season so misses our final

View attachment 142002

View attachment 142001

Two very interesting jobs become available....where should I try next?

Last edited:
View attachment 141909

Europa League Final 2021

AS Roma v Borussia Dortmund

Team News
View attachment 141908
With Kostovski and Coric injured, and Zivcovic and Hoijberd tired we had to rotate the squad more than we would like. Our keeper is not meant to be up the standard of the Bundasliga so this could be interesting!

First Half

Nothing interesting happens....well nothing important, we seem to be in control but just lack the finishing touch.

Half time Stats
View attachment 141907

View attachment 141905
22 seconds into the second half and Roma are in the lead, Milanov goes past 3 of our players before playing a neat little ball through to Defrel 1-0

View attachment 141904
We get the ball into the net but Tapia is just offside, heart wrenching!

View attachment 141902
2-0 Roma, The paid involved in the last goal combine again the get the second but with the roles reversed, Milanov receives the ball on the edge of the box, no one presses and he gets a shot away and goal!

View attachment 141900

Well that was disappointing, our dream is over, my time at Dortmund is over and I feel gutted! 2 Europa League finals, and 2 losses.

For some reason I still have a good reputation! let's see what the future holds!

View attachment 141477

Well my time at Dortmund comes to an end, 3 and a half seasons winning two trophies along the way!

Where should I go next? Spain? Italy? maybe Portugal?