Wandering around a bit...and back again

Good job so far with Bordeaux, shame about some of the players behaviour though!
I take it you got the Dortmund job seeing as Bordeaux aren't in blue on the league table? :p

I'd noticed that, wasn't going to say anything ;)

Suppose I've kinda spoiled the story for those who didn't notice that XD

Just typical AW. :p

Yeah my bad for not screenshotting that before I left....whoops!

Was hoping it would be longer before someone noticed but never mind!

Borrusia Dortmund

View attachment 1055543

Yes as we all guessed I got the Dortmund job, I had been looking at moving for a while now and when one of your favourite clubs comes available you have to jump at it. Players all wanting to leave and having constant team meeting to appease them was getting on my nerves.... onwards to better things

View attachment 148250
240k for me, pretty respectable, as you can see Dortmund were 11th when I took over and in the interview they wanted me to get to mid table...I wasn't having that and promised them European Football.

I was given a whopping £66m to spend and 200k wages...very nice!

View attachment 148248

The moment I walk in the door and everyone is speculating as to who I'm going to buy! (they are completely wrong, I won't get this guy)

Team Report
View attachment 148247

What a team I have inherited, pretty sure we have kept all of the best players, Hummels, Reus, mikiwikitarian (however you spell it) are still here and ready to rumble.

I have some money to spend - I'm looking at either a new striker or attacking midfielder, with the potential of getting a new left back and keeper - but the latter can wait for the summer.

Borrusia Dortmund January/February 2018

View attachment 1055552

Ok so we arrive in Germany, a little tired and cranky, we had a heart to heart with Tom Carroll and he was very upset that I left - I may try and buy him but not sure if we can afford the asking price for the great one.

View attachment 148242
Good start - I was starting to miss players complaining. He is my 5th best winger probably, 3rd best striker - he can leave.

We join thelub at a great time, it's the start of the winter break and we have enough time to assess the squad and get a player in or two - and the first arrives very quickly.

Sebastian Rode
View attachment 148234
Rode joins us from Valencia for £12m - I wanted another CM who could perform well as a Box2Box - this role is pivotal for my tactic and no one was adept at playing there.

Martin Odergaard
View attachment 148230
We take this young man on loan - I could have had him for £37m but I didn't want to spend that much on a potion we didn't need another person for, we are paying a large monthly fee but with his performances it is worth it

View attachment 148240
First match of the season went how we would expect, players still getting used to the formation and were away to Bayern Munchen. Up until their second goal we looked like we had a chance, after the second thy were in control. Odergaard scores on his debut!

View attachment 148231
That's more like it, a very good performance and the possession style football we play seems to suit the lads more than the frenchies.

View attachment 148226
Very easy game he could have won by a few more, rested a few players here too!

Another Arrival!

Alvaro Morata
View attachment 148221
Saw him on the transfer list for £36m at the start of the window...waited and waited and it went down to £30m so jumped at it. Man u spent £34m on him in the summer but he didn't get a chance....he will get a chance here.

View attachment 148223
A nice win infront of our home fans against a struggling Orange team (and a team I am managing in another save so it was sad to seem them so ****) I put Morata in charge of the penalty for the second one! wanted him to get a goal on his debut.

5 months???? Not good to lose our keeper, the second choice is not up to this league standard...
View attachment 148215

View attachment 148220
Hertha prove no match for our team, Morata scoring again and looking a very good purchase.

Noooo!! Another injury to a first team player! I wanted to replace him earlier but he has played brilliantly
View attachment 148216

View attachment 148219
Dortmund are still in Europe and in the 1st knockout round we have an exciting game in Switzerland, lots of goals and talking points in this one, Basel had a goal ruled out and a penalty shout turned down....they were not happy.

View attachment 148218
Bore draw here, Hoffenheim played very defensively and didn't really counter either, I was hoping to get a goal at the end but couldn't quite get it.

Youth Intake
View attachment 148214
Always my favourite day of the year! and we get 2 good prospects.

View attachment 148213

View attachment 148212

Table
View attachment 148217

7th! moving up nicely, really enjoying this one so far and the players seem happy too!

Formation for when everyone is fit - Mkhitaryan will be rota in here too.
View attachment 148211

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - March 2018

View attachment 1055609

A great first couple of months in Dortmund, if we keep up this form we can easily be in Europe next year, possibly challenging at the top.

View attachment 148187
Well that didn't last long, a humbling defeat against the sausage men, and that own goal was a pass from about 30 yards out that the keeper just watched slowly roll past him...not our day!

View attachment 148185
We bounce back and destroy the RedBull team, lets put that Frankfurst match behind us

View attachment 148183
Another great battle against Basel, we come out on top and advance to the quarter finals against Tottenham.

View attachment 148182
Schalke decide to turn on the form against us and counter us superbly.

View attachment 148181
I was hoping to get a win here, away to Spurs is going to be difficult, I'm not giving up and will rest players before the second leg to make sure they are fresh.

View attachment 148179
We end the month with a 6 goal thriller, unfortunately we were on the losing side of it.

View attachment 148177

Down to 9th, I need my keeper back as the incompetent replacement makes Massimo Taibi look like Peter Shilton!

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - End of Season 2018

View attachment 1055638

After the bad month called March where we suffered a few defeats we now come to the last few matches of the season - we promised the board European football but we need to gain a few places before this can happen.

We start off in the champions league away in London

View attachment 148161
An eventful game to say the least, Embolo starting up from for this game gets us the equalising goal and we keep out Spurs' attacks to force extra time, as you can see Tottenham get a bit nasty and concede 7 yellows cards! We get the lead and hold on! through to the semis

View attachment 148160
A hard fought win at Bremen, our defense were doing some strange things and at one point I had every player in their 3rd while they had two strikers on the half way line...that was awkward.

View attachment 148159
We can't get the win over Mainz to put us up in 6th place, I can't be too disappointed as it wasn't our best performance.

View attachment 148158
Back to winning ways and this pushes us up the table, we could have made it easier if we put away the penalty.

View attachment 148157
Darmstadt are struggling and I needed nothing short of a win, my new signings get the goals and the win.

View attachment 148156
Porto were not going to be easy and they looked very dangerous on the counter, Aboubakar was at the front of every attack and could have easily got a goal or two in this one.

View attachment 148155
Nice easy win here and this month is going very well!

View attachment 148154
I change to a counter style for this one and it pays off, Porto dominate the game but I make each break count and we are through the final.

Our old nemesis in PSG are who we face in the final.
View attachment 148150

View attachment 148153
Hannover are our next victims, we should have had loads here but their keeper was brilliant, hats off to him.

View attachment 148152
Last game of the season and we secure European Football...not the European football I wanted but good enough, will have to win the next match and get into the Champions League.

Final Table of the season
View attachment 148151

Last edited:

Borussia Dortmund v PSG
Champions League Final 26 May 2018

View attachment 1055654 V View attachment 148146

Line Ups

I'm feeling a little confident.
View attachment 148145
I've put out the strongest squad I could for this one.

GOAL!!!! PSG 1 - 0 Dortmund

View attachment 148144
Kurzawa takes the ball down the left and takes on both Rode and Semedo, whips in a deep cross which finds Aubameyang's head, and he steers it in the top right hand corner.

Half Time Stats
View attachment 148143

GOAL!!!!! PSG 2 - 0 Dortmund

View attachment 148142

A real counter attacking goal here, Aubameyang takes the balls from his own half, storms into our 18 yard box and squares it to Aurier to easily slot home.

Full Time - PSG 2 - 0 Dortmund
View attachment 148141
****, really started to believe I was going to get my first trophy here but it wasn't meant to be. Our old teammate Aubameyang ruled the roost today and really made our life ****.

We will come back stronger!!

Bad luck in the Final but it was a great run to get there, comeback after comeback! The team looks pretty strong too so the future is bright!

Bad luck in the Final but it was a great run to get there, comeback after comeback! The team looks pretty strong too so the future is bright!

Yeah we concede first too often, will try and sort that out this year!

The team does look stronger....but release clauses put in place before I arrived might cause me problems this windows (no spoilers yet as to who)

Borussia Dortmund - Pre Season 18/19

View attachment 1055998

We brush off the disappointment of the Champions league final and get back to work

So I turn up to work in a dreary Tuesday, first thing on the agenda is a board meeting, discuss terms, aspirations for the season and the budget, £50m would be awesome....but I can't imagine they will be that kind again.....

View attachment 147834
Holy F**k balls - £138m??? what are they smoking, I won't complain, I accepted and ran out the office shouting "no taksies backsies"

That might have something to do with this
View attachment 147831
lovely sponsors

After fainting on my way back to the office I regained consciousness to plan - The team looks strong and they are working very well with the formation. I'm hoping to get a stronger keeper, left back and Centre Mid.....

That was until players were getting grumpy and wanting to leave!

View attachment 147833
Mr Embolo was not happy about having no champions league football - he wanted to leave but I convinced him to stay, I promised we would get there this year and I mean it, we can easily get there!

He was happy to give me one more year

The next day

View attachment 147832
Same again, I took the same approach and he was happy to give us another year.

View attachment 147830
**** you Chelski, after a few failed bids they decide to activate his release clause and he moves over to London!

One of our best players leaves - and now we need to find a suitable replacement.

Also - Basel got 40% of the profit of that sale - £9.5m goes to them - Ouch.

First Arrival - Adama Traore - £2.6m
View attachment 147828
I love this guy, had him in my Cardiff save and he was brilliant, I'm hoping to give him the game time to progress but he is a very useful player.

Odergaard left in the summer as his loan had finished - he was first on my list to replace Embolo
View attachment 147827
It wasn't meant to be, I tried asking for a loan and they rejected it, I activated his £37.5m release clause and he has no interest - and after I helped him last year.

View attachment 147825
He opts to go to Man U - I hope he enjoys the comfy bench.....or gets an injury...or becomes allergic to Scousers.

Second Arrival - Ante Coric £37.5m
View attachment 147824
I have my replacement - not the same position but I plan on moving Reus to the right, Mkhitaryan to the left and Coric in the middle. I will still looks to get another RW to keep Reus on the left but pickings are slim.

my search for a LB take a giant leap forward - we have a bid accepted for Faouzi Ghoulam and he likes our offer. Unfortunately he likes the offer from Atletico more, drat.

View attachment 147821

3rd Signing - Tino Horn £9.5m
View attachment 147820
a brilliant keeper and I'm happy with the cheap price that we paid

Koln need a replacement so they buy our old keeper from us
View attachment 147819
(I spend a few million more but it's worth it for the improvement)

4th signing - Manuel Lanzini Free

View attachment 147818
This man was wandering around on the freebie list and I couldn't leave him there - he can play in 4 positions we need and so I think he can be very useful.

5th signing - Baba Rahman £17.75m
View attachment 147816
Probably more than I would have liked to bring him in, but with Schmelzer declining I needed a new LB. Performing well so far so has been worth it.

Another player to leave us was Viktor Fischer - never really got going with us and was complaining about not playing enough, had to go.

Now I've been a bit stupid so far, I haven't checked what areas are covered - I have waaaay too many CM's and AM's, only 2 CBs and 1 ST.....not too balanced

I tried to cover the striker department with Saido Berahino, but the cheeky ****** wanted 110k per week to sit on the bench, no chance lad

I bring this guy up from Dortmund II instead
View attachment 147813
A nice German - pacey with a lot of potential. He scored 25 goals in 46 games for Dortmund II - and as you can see he scored a hatrick in his first game for us in the German Cup

6th Signing - Ellaguim Mangala £5.5m

View attachment 147810
He isn't going to be starting many matches as long as the others stay fit, but we needed the backup

I also promoted a CB from Dortmund II but he is nothing special so doesn't deserve a screenshot

Borussia Dortmund - August/September 2018

View attachment 1056145

Now that we have the signings sorted let's get to the matches - we have a difficult start in the league against Leverkusen and Bayern, could have been easier. We start things off in the German Cup.

View attachment 147705
Boom, what a game!! I know this was an easy match but we played sooo well! I've kept the whole stats here so you can see how much we dominated. I started Fick up front and he gets a hattrick, I think this kid could be going somewhere!

View attachment 147704
A brilliant performance from the boys here, Leverkusen never looked threatening at all and we were always dangerous.

View attachment 147703
Oh wow! Suck on that Bayern, again we totally dominate, I can imagine the crowd being extra loud this evening after that match, we completely outplayed them and the only down side was letting in the goals.

View attachment 147702
My face lit up when I saw this, we draw Bordeaux, the squad I managed before Dortmund. We need to beat them, I won't accept a loss! Should be able to get out of this group comfortably.

View attachment 147701
Lanzini out for 2/3 Months

View attachment 147700
After the two wins against the big boys we come crashing down against Frankfurt, It looked like we were comfortable but lack of concentration let them get behind the defense and take the lead.

View attachment 147699
We fly out to Poland and have a wonderful time, 4-0 win against Legia was just what we needed after the last loss, first points sorted.

View attachment 147698
The red bull men come to visit and get destroyed, I switched the wingers around for the one and they both get on the scoresheet.

View attachment 147697
We were lucky in this game, not playing at our best even after the sending off. I really thought after they got the first we were going to lose.

View attachment 147696
A bore draw to end the month, no goals but plenty of nasty tackles (which you can see with all the cards)

View attachment 147695
Very early days but that is pretty much where I am aiming for, I think we are the second best in the league so should be able to do it.
Also I should have screenshot the game before as Bayern were down in 14th!

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - October/November 2018

View attachment 1056184

We start the month off by having my old club come to visit in Europa...

View attachment 147683
And we get the points, very straight forward game and didn't prove too difficult, was nice to see the old boys but much happier because of the win.

View attachment 147682
No score draw again, pretty tame match really, I had to rest a few because of tiredness so this might have been the reason we couldn't win this one.

View attachment 147681
Doesn't take us long to get another win! still a slightly rotated squad too which is good.

View attachment 147680
Another night in Europe and not our best again but we still are unbeaten.

View attachment 147675
**** - Top of the table clash where first meets second and we don't come out on top, also teams have caught up with us so we drop down a few places

View attachment 147674
Devastated here! we were doing so well and Ginter scores an own goal for them to go through...The fans were not happy at exiting the cup so early and neither were the board...they wanted the Semis, whoops.

View attachment 147673
ooooo that was lucky, last kick of the ball that was, We were thumping shots at the keeper from all over the park but couldn't get past him, luckily Morata gets a bit of luck and we take home the 3 points.

View attachment 147672
Bursaspor playing again and we get a nice win, annoyingly Semedo gets injured and is out for a while now.

View attachment 147671
6 weeks is waaay too long to wait for my RB.

View attachment 147670
We get back to the league and crash and burn at Wolfsburg, we should have lost this by a bigger margin really, maybe I should have played more defensive.

View attachment 147669
We get back to winning ways against Nurnberg, but another injury! this time our young Fick gets on the injury table.

View attachment 147668
Another sprained ankle...I blame the pitch, oh wait it's our pitch..

View attachment 147667
Another injury but luckily it's not for us, lots of goals in this thriller and we get another 3 points in the group and qualify for the next round.

View attachment 147666
Change around at the top, Bayern and Hertha fly up at the expense of us and the funnily named Schalke!

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - December 2018

View attachment 147381

It's coming up to the winter break now, we need a strong run before the couple weeks off. We start the month off with some horrible transfer rumours.

View attachment 147380
No! that's not happening!

View attachment 147378
Reus decides to miss a penalty (not very nice of him) just to scare us into thinking we would get another boring draw.... Our American man gets the goal and immediately moans about the lack of first team football....strange.

View attachment 147377
Another 1-0 win and Hummels gets himself sent off, was a bit nervy after we went down to 10 man, but the lads held on.

View attachment 147376
Our 100% win record in December continues as the boys play brilliantly in Monchengladbach. We get another win from a losing position.

View attachment 147375
Back into France to see the old squad, not one of them said hello to me, ********! We looked very confortably for the first 25 minutes but as soon as they got the goal they gained confidence and were playing much better. We hung on a bit here but I am so glad we didn't lose.

View attachment 147374
Ouch, we come back to Germany, expecting to get a nice easy win and this happens, We have so much possession but nothing comes of it, they had a bit of a telling off after this one.

View attachment 147373
Round off with a nice easy win against Paderborn who are flying way above their predicted position,

View attachment 147372
just 2 points behind Bayern, very happy with where we are! This month is going to be difficult as we have had teams sniffing around Reus and Morata, I don't want any of them leaving but if they kick up a fuss......

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - January Transfers

View attachment 1057710

Ahhh our friend the January transfer window. I'm quite happy with our squad at the moment so I have no need to purchase, I will keep an eye out on the market as always!

View attachment 146260
First things first - injuries again!

Andrija Zivkovic - £35.5m
View attachment 146258
OK I quickly changed my mind and started looking for new players, I never fully replaced Embolo so Zivkovic is my man, lets see how he gets on.

Kante
View attachment 146256
I almost broke the club record here, he is just the kind of player I need unfortunately he wanted so much money....found someone cheaper instead

Radja Nainggolan - £19.5m
View attachment 146253
Little bit older than I usually get but a great Box2Box midfielder - hopefully his physicals don't decline too quickly

As we are so close to the top I couldn't let it slip away....which is why I've splashed a bit to keep up the chase! Not usually my style to buy big but feel the need here.

Jan/Feb update next

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - January/February 2019

View attachment 1057759

After getting my two new signings I'm feeling confident that we can close the gap or at least give them a run for their money.

View attachment 146243
Only one match in January and what a game it was! 5-1 demolition of Leverkusen and Zivkovic has a helping hand in a few!

View attachment 146242
A game where I was expecting to lose but we keep them from scoring and get the draw, we really looked dangerous after they got a player sent off. Should have taken advantage and go top but plenty of time left.

View attachment 146241
We well and truly got FM'ed here! totally dominated and deserved the win but one of the 2 shots on target they had on target, lame.

View attachment 146240
Nainggolan has a awesome game and gets us the 3 points! RBL put up a good fight but luckily we stayed on course.

View attachment 146239
1st knockout round and away in London we get a 1-1 draw, Arsenal played us off the pitch but we got a draw!

View attachment 146238
Another game where we were in charge of the match but just couldn't get the winning goal!

View attachment 146237
This is the month for not getting the result we deserved, Arsenal were terrible and I am so P****d we didn't win, I wanted to go far in this competition but wasn't meant to be.

Table
View attachment 146236
We are still level on points with Bayern - We would have been further behind but they dropped points too.

Frankfurt really seem to have your number! Still doing very well though, a shame about the Europa League

Borussia Dortmund - March 2019

View attachment 1057961

Results haven't been what we were expecting but we are still in with a chance! We have decided to go on a Vegan diet to help boost our chances, except for fish....and chicken....also at the weekend we can eat what we want! So pretty much a vegan diet.

View attachment 146053
What a game this was to open the month. Goals going in everywhere and their striker easily took home the player of the match. After they got their second goal it looks liked they were going to get more and more, I shifted the formation and seemed to work better.

View attachment 146052
oh dear, Fick puts us into the lead with a great long range effort, unfortunately the team falls asleep and we let in a few goals which allows Hertha to catch up - 3 horse race emerging!

View attachment 146051
Another game with loads of goals, I may need to go a little defensive away from home! we drop points and Hertha overtake and push us down to 3rd!

View attachment 146050
Well that's not good, our CB's have been one of the first names on the teamsheet and have performed really well together. I don't have many CB's but Mangala can stop moaning as he will be playing for the rest of the season.

View attachment 146049
Luckily without Ginter we still manage to get the points, he is a big loss but Mangala actually put in a POM performance so that's one positive! Also Fick has scored in every game this month! he is developing really well! Best decision all season was to promote him.

View attachment 146044
Well that's not fair! both our CB's are now out and if we get any more we will have to put a midfielder back there to help out

Table
View attachment 146045
Back up to 2nd but a couple points behind Bayern, again we are relying on their inconsistent form to keep us in the hunt! I'm not looking forward to the next month with our defence dented.

Let us pray!

Borussia Dortmund - End of Season

View attachment 1058235

We are 2 points behind Bayern and with 8 games remaining it's doable as long as Bayern drops points like they have been. On another note we have just bought a newgen who looks awesome! (screenshot when he arrives in the summer)

We start the month with Mangala moaning about first team football - lucky for him my other 2 CB's are injured so he will be playing lots more games now. I have also decided to drop Morate in favour of Fick. Morata has been terrible and Fick is scoring for fun - no brainer.

View attachment 145787
A smash and grab win here, Koln put up a real fight and our make-shift defense really struggled - this could be a difficult couple of months.

View attachment 145786
Well that was much better, our defense didn't really have much to do which was nice. Zivcovic was involved in most of the goals again, he was a brilliant buy.

View attachment 145785
Our wingers proved to be the difference in this game, I got a bit scared when they scored a late goal but the players held on!

View attachment 145783
Superb performance keeps us on track! we are currently neck and neck with Bayern. Fick almost got a hat-trick but he misses the penalty.

View attachment 145781
Morata comes back into the team as Fick needed a rest and helps us get the win, easy win this time round, can we keep it up?

View attachment 145779
Another win - another Fick brace

View attachment 145778
Well that was disappointing, Hummels come back into the team and we let in 6 goals. We were terrible

View attachment 145777
Another slight win - will it be enough to get the title?

View attachment 145776
We miss out by 3 points - that 6-1 battering by Hoffenheim sealed our fate, even if we had one that match we would have been second due to Bayern's amazing form to end the season.

View attachment 145775
This was their form for the last 9 matches - lucky bastards

View attachment 145774
Yummy yummy money heals the pain of missing out on the title.

Just checking - are people still enjoying this?