Wandering around a bit...and back again

Borussia Dortmund - Summer Transfers

View attachment 1058751

A new season dawns on us. Disappointment of last season has gone. We go into it with hope....well I do, most of the players don't think it's possible to win the league!

The Arrivals

Not the busiest transfer window for me, I'm very happy with my team but I wanted some quality back ups really.

Bonaventura - Free
View attachment 145333
His contract was expiring and he looked pretty decent - since he has arrived it looks like he is not going to get many games but we can sell him in a year for some profit!

Always remember the golden rule for making profit:
Step 1: Sign players on a free Bosman
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Profit

Tapia - 3.8m
View attachment 145332
Very happy with how much I paid for this guy - he will probably be behind Reus most of the season but in the future should take over from him on the left.

Rodriguez - 6m
View attachment 145331
What a bargain this guy was! Boca weren't using him very often so I stuck a bid in early and had this one arranged for a while! by the time he got here he had improved even more, the teamwork and vision stats makes me dribble!

The outgoings!
Manuel Lanzini left for 10m, he hardly got a game and we have much better players in his positions
Hermann left for 5m, again he wasn't needed and was complaining so had to get rid of him
Mkhitaryan left for 4m, he was being used less and less and with these players arriving he was less likely to get any game time, he was also getting older and wanted to make some money off him.

View attachment 145330
They received a "**** no" response to this offer, no body getting Fick away from me!

Borussia Dortmund - August/September 2019

View attachment 1058757

Onto the first game with the new squad!

View attachment 145329
1st round of the German cup first and I go with a squad intended on boosting match fitness. We get the job done but maybe I shouldn't have rotated so much.

View attachment 145328
Bundesliga starts with a bang, well more of a fizzle really. We get the job done and Tapia gets a goal on his league debut, Reus is still injured from the summer so Tapia will get a nice run in the team.

View attachment 145327
a closely fought game here, we made things difficult for ourselves when Mangala gets himself sent off, weirdly that's when we started to play better and get the goals!

View attachment 145317
Hertha prove too difficult for us again, they were a pain last season too if I remember correctly! let's move on...

A nice quiet International break.....
View attachment 145310

well that's not good!

View attachment 145311

Oh well that's just bollocks!!!!!

View attachment 145326
Another 3 points to add to the total, a brutal match with fouls coming thick and fast, Xhaka obviously wasn't happy with the loss and gets himself and early bath.

View attachment 145324
The Draw for the champions league could have been kinder......

View attachment 145325
We travel to old Trafford ready to upset Utd and we do what we planned, not the 3 points but it's much better than a loss! We played really well in this game and should have won, but before the match we would have taken a point.

View attachment 145323
****, Hoffenheim, obviously annoyed I rejected their bid for Fick easily score 3 goals past us. Morata comes back into the squad and grabs himself 2 goals, obviously doesn't want to be benched again.

View attachment 145319
Another stumble and it's at home to our main rivals for the title (in my eyes) 4 goals conceded at home is unacceptable, and with our favoured back 4!

View attachment 145316
Another 4 goals conceded, that's 11 goals in 3 games, not good enough! maybe we need to go a bit more defensive.....no we can't do that it's boring!

Table
View attachment 145315
That's not the best start, it's early days but would prefer to be in the top half, board haven't been happy wince last year and this hasn't helped! worst thing is that we have lost as many games as Bayern did last season to get the title.

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - Oct/Nov 2019

View attachment 1058776

After the last 3 losses in the row we need to bounce back quickly, I don't want to struggle again this year.

View attachment 145296
Great start to the month...Tapia is injured again, and I have just noticed he is susceptible to injuries, **** **** ****!!!

View attachment 145309
Nice easy win against Ajax, 3 points and move closer to qualifying for the next round.

View attachment 145308
We have certainly bounced back after the losses, another great performance and Augsburg never looked likely to score. AND...Mangala has a good game for once!

View attachment 145293
And another injury, where's the magic sponge when you need it.

View attachment 145307
3rd win in a row here against a good Hamburg side, we got off to a really good start and then Hamburg looked dangerous, we kept the ball our of the net and in the second half goals were going in left, right and centre! another big win!

View attachment 145306
I probably was a bit over confident going into this match, we rotated many players as fixtures are piling up. We paid the price for not taking them seriously.

View attachment 145305
Kold have had a really good start to the season, they were top for a while so their morale was high and I knew this wouldn't be easy. We get a draw but if we had just converted the penalty it could have been more.

View attachment 145304
Dresden were no match for us in the cup - I want to do well in this this year so I will try not to rotate if I can (players are going to get tired this year) Our job was made much easier when they go down to 10 men.

View attachment 145303
Schalke away is always going to be a difficult one, end to end stuff and we come out on top. Reus has got his scoring boots on again and he needs to keep them on! Rodriguez gets a goal too yay.

View attachment 145302
We get our revenge on Valencia in the same fashion as them, Fick gets another goal to his name and his stats seem to be flying up! We probably should have lost this but....meh!

View attachment 145301
Karlsruhe were no match for us, a nice big home win to keep the fans/board happy! another missed penalty by Reus though...maybe someone else needs to be taking them!

View attachment 145300
This match was actually pretty even and the score flattered us a lot. I think we edged it but they had just as many chances as we did.

View attachment 145299
Another draw with Man U, we really should have won this as they were down to 10 men for half the match.

View attachment 145298
We did it!!! We finally get the win over Frankfurt at like the 5th time of asking. It wasn't convincing, it wasn't pretty, but it counts!

Table
View attachment 145297

That's a better position, very close to the top where we should be!

View attachment 145292
My attempt at Movember

Borussia Dortmund - December 2019

View attachment 144679

Busy start to the month

View attachment 144677
We roll into our first game with this news, 200 games so far, let's make this a good one and have a party!

View attachment 144676
Or not...that works too! We fail to make the most of our possession and let in two sloppy goals! ...ok lets hold off the party.

View attachment 144675
Morata decides he wants to go to Juventus after the rumours that they are interested, and what a coincidence, I have decided I want to sell him!
He is a decent forward but he is very inconsistent

Also this guy has turned into a beast!
View attachment 144674

View attachment 144673
Massive with in Holland, sees us comfortably into the next round....which we draw Chelsea, could have been easier!

View attachment 144672
Woo lovely game again, 9 goals in 2 games is decent! Played very well and they never had a chance.

View attachment 144671
Another win! we fell behind and managed to pull ourselves together with a great come back.

View attachment 144668

Still 3rd! Transfer window up next, I have one player in mind if Morata leaves.....let's see what happens.

Good recovery after a tough start this season. Rodriguez looks a cracking player!

just caught up. awesome story. do you have a goal for dortmund before moving on?

Good recovery after a tough start this season. Rodriguez looks a cracking player!

Yeah he was a brilliant find! Injury hit him a bit though!

just caught up. awesome story. do you have a goal for dortmund before moving on?

Well at the moment to goal is to win the league...but if something interesting comes up I may jump ship early!

Borussia Dortmund - January Transfers and fun-ness

View attachment 1060285

View attachment 143940
Our RB gets into the team of the year! bit of a shock but he has been superb since I took over!

Now to buy people.....
View attachment 143938
OK maybe he is out of my price range.

OK so I sold Kampi to Valencia a couple months ago believing I didn't need him, he was my back up RW so kinda messed up there! will need a new one!

View attachment 143937
Nice sell on fee to help us buy a new winger.

View attachment 143936
Ah that's annoying, I was hoping to sell him and get someone else but that will have to wait!

Coman - £14m
View attachment 143935
Bargain! this man was on the transfer list after not playing a single game this season for Man u, I'll take him off your hands thank you very much!!!

View attachment 143934
Leverkusen were all over us in the first half...then we come back out after the break as 2 completely different sides, the angry talk I gave them helped and we get a nice 3-0 win!

View attachment 143933
Nice easy win here, I give Coman his first start and he helps us get a nice win, still chasing Bayern hard!

View attachment 143932
Only 7 points behind Bayern.......ONLY!!!!

Borussia Dortmund - Feb/March 2020

View attachment 1060312

We start the month with a landmark game.....

View attachment 143907

Maybe this is a sign I've been here too long and should resign?

View attachment 143919
A nice win to start the month, Hertha didn't put up much of a fight.

View attachment 143918
We keep the wins rolling against Gladbach, annoyingly Semedo gets a red and will miss a game or two.

View attachment 143917
Aaaaaarrggghhh! He was playing so well...

View attachment 143916
And we are into the semi final of the German cup, I didn't rotate many as Bayern seem invincible so this may be my only chance to win anything!

View attachment 143915
Coman gets his first goal for us but the performance wasn't great from anyone and our winning streak comes to an abrupt halt, and just before our champions league match.

View attachment 143914
This was not fair! I hit the bar 3 times!

View attachment 143913
Another game where we were not at our best, can't really blame them though as Bayern are very strong and been winning games for fun!

View attachment 143912
Back with 3 points, I was starting to miss not winning! Hannover put up no fight and we really dominated this one, could have had many more!

View attachment 143911
Well that was disappointing, not as far in the competition as I would have liked! Board aren't too pleased either!

View attachment 143910
Bore draw - Fans were not happy with this one, Bayern keep winning and pull further away from us.

View attachment 143909
Our scoring drought goes into another game, we didn't look likely to score, only managed shots from outside the box! ...and we fall further behind.

View attachment 143908
10 point gap now! 7 games to go! I think I've lost this title fight, but we will keep going!

Last edited:
Borussia Dortmund - Season end

View attachment 1060369

The season draws to an end...can we do the impossible and catch Bayern?

View attachment 143865
Well that doesn't help matters! This was a game we should have won, we played brilliantly, totally outplayed them and they get a goal with one of their shots on target, bollocks!

View attachment 143864
Another game where we were in control but just couldn't get all the points, I haven't changed my tactics but it seems the opposition are able to limit my chances and we are scoring less and less, might have change something.
We move down to 3rd!

View attachment 143863
Bayern put out a rotated squad but I stick with my favoured 11 and it pays off! The score flattered us really as we were very equal for most of the game, we just managed to put our attempts away....which isn't like what we have been doing for the last 5 games!

View attachment 143862
This one could have gone either way! luckily it went to us, now we just need to kick on from this.

View attachment 143861
Now that's more like it, we play excellently and get the goals needed. Stuttgart didn't play bad but we just had that little extra about us!

View attachment 143860
Once again we deserved so much more, they had 2 shots, 2 on target, 1 goal, we had like 20+. The penalty miss was frustrating too!

View attachment 143859
Ouch! to be honest we didn't deserve a point here, team totally fell apart and Mainz, who are fighting for survival, play us off the pitch and got the win - and escape relegation!
We fell to fourth with this result......

View attachment 143858
We drop down to fourth after a horrible end to the season, really disappointed.....the board and fans are not happy, and i'm sure there will be players wanting to leave now!

German Cup Final
View attachment 143857
The players turn up today which was nice, I finally lift a trophy and I'm so happy with that!

OK so with the season over I might need to make a decision, next year might not be too fun if players get grumpy.....

So I'm open to ideas, shall I stick around and see what happens or resign and look elsewhere? I might even get sacked you never know......

I reckon you should stick around to see whether you can defend the cup, and maybe strengthen a bit more for a challenge in the league. You never know what may come up partway through next season as well.

Personally I vote stay at Dortmund, but I'm biased :p

I reckon you should stick around to see whether you can defend the cup, and maybe strengthen a bit more for a challenge in the league. You never know what may come up partway through next season as well.

I'm going for one more season in Germany....then off to a new country!

Borussia Dortmund - Summer transfers

View attachment 143422

OK so I have decided to stay here one more year, I want another shot at the title as we really do have a great team at the moment! My contract runs out at the end of this season so will look for a new place after it expires.

We all come back from our summer break refreshed, relax and excited about the new season....well some of us....

Reus, Coric, Morata, Hojbjerg and Semedo all want to leave as we don't have champions league football, luckily every one of them was happy with me saying they will get it next year. I will probably **** up again but that will be the next managers problem...muahaaahhaa. (I do have the screenshots but no one wants to see 5 of the same thing)

View attachment 143419
Rodrigues signs a new contract with us - there was a contract clause that let him leave for £21.5m to a team in champions league - teams were interested so I couldn't let that happen, so now he is earning a lot more money!

View attachment 143418
This was a strange one, he wanted to leave Bayern Munchen ans he believed they would value him more than us - he would only stay if I built the team around him - so I had to give him a new contract, he was always going to be my first choice striker so it works for me!

Kostovski - £22m
View attachment 143417
Horn was complaining about wanting to leave, and his performances haven't been great last year, so I sold him for £21m and bought this man, who looks much better! worth it!

Sebastian Rode left for 8.5m
Pulisic left for 12.5m
Both players were not going to get many games at all so sold them for some monies.

Not many transfers in this window, didn't think they were needed - match results next.

Borussia Dortmund - August 2020

View attachment 143416

I want the title....I need the title....let's get it on!

View attachment 143415
And we get the title...(well the first one) we win the super cup with an empthatic win, we had a few players at the Olympics so we were lucky to still have a good squad to choose from.

View attachment 143414
We get our title defence under way with a nice win, bit disappointed with the goals we conceded but the win was the important thing.

View attachment 143413
We were pretty lucky here, didn't have the best of games but Morata's 2 early goals were key and we held on right until the end.

View attachment 143412
This was fair, I can't complain as this was a very even match, would have liked another win but could easily have been a loss.

View attachment 143411
Early days - table so far

Last edited:
This was a strange one, he wanted to leave Bayern Munchen ans he believed they would value him more than us - he would only stay if I built the team around him - so I had to give him a new contract, he was always going to be my first choice striker so it works for me!

Bayern wanting to sign a good Dortmund player? Surely not :p
Nice to get the early win over them though, good start to the season!

Bayern wanting to sign a good Dortmund player? Surely not :p
Nice to get the early win over them though, good start to the season!

Was nice to get an early win over them! But as the next update will show they are storming ahead in the league as usual...

Borussia Dortmund - Sep/Oct 2020

View attachment 143026

View attachment 143013
I start off by annoying Baba Rahman, I didn't want to sell him but after him moaning for what seemed like 10 years I said I would accept any acceptable bids from Madrid, unfortunately for him I would only accept 40m+...

View attachment 143012
He just comes back from the Olympics and gets injured, drat, his debut must wait!

View attachment 143025
We start the month off against Mainz, a nice win to begin and just what we deserved. We have been struggling with who to pick lately, so many players are tired and needing a rest, still we get the points!

View attachment 143024
We get back to Europe and can't make our possession count, We had all the ball but couldn't do anything with it, can't really complain here....

View attachment 143023
Ouch, not the best result here, again I am fielding 3rd/4th choice players to get us through the match, **** Olympics!

View attachment 143022
A thrilling game on Dortmund sees us come out on top against title contenders Wolfsburg, we get a few players back in the squad but not for long....

View attachment 143011
Debut, yay!

View attachment 143021
Another win, points rolling in again, Fick scores again and has a brilliant game, it's nice to have him back too!

View attachment 143020
Another draw in Europe, was expecting to win this one but couldn't get the ball in the back of the net, I had to again rest people!

View attachment 143019
Thrilling game at home again, 3 peoples get a brace! not all from me but still!

View attachment 143010
And he is gone again....Injured on international duty!

View attachment 143018
We get our first win in Europe, Morata comes back into the squad and what a way to return, nice little hat-trick. Hamilton seem to want to break out legs, hence all the yellow cards.

View attachment 143017
bore draw, but Schalke have a good squad and this could have been worse, there wasn't many shots on goal for either side, probably very boring to watch.

View attachment 143016
****, Bayern get revenge for earlier and we are dumped out of the German cup

View attachment 143015
A late goal by Reus keeps us down to only one loss so far, probably deserved to lose but meh.

View attachment 143014
10 games down, Bayern are 5 ahead....

Borussia Dortmund - Nov 2020

View attachment 142912

(I've changed how I will upload the screenshots from matches - Hopefully it will make it more interesting)

View attachment 142911
We start the month playing in sunny Scotland, I needed to win this one to keep my dreams of taking home the Europa League title! We completely dominated this one and never looked like losing, a nice 3-1 to boost confidence!

View attachment 142910
We come up against the champs and blow them away! 4-0 flattered us, this could have gone either way but they decided not to score this game! what worries me is that out of 20 shots 9 are off target....and we work the ball into the box!!! must need finishing practice.

View attachment 142909
their goal in the 9th minute really killed our mood! we didn't play well and the boys knew that at half time! we get a goal back but it's too late! The last 5 minutes were exciting, should have started playing earlier than the 87th minute though.

View attachment 142908
We are firmly in second spot of the group but a win here would have been brilliant, we had much of the ball and plenty of chances but couldn't beet their keeper, we get a very very late goal to grab a point!

View attachment 142907
We end the month with a no scoring draw and I couldn't believe it, plenty of chances again but not finishing them off!

View attachment 142906
Even with beating Bayern earlier in the month they are still 4 points ahead, we can beat them but keep dropping points while they dominate nearly every game....moving on!