Want to get an Extremely Solid Defense?

Soo far i have been using my own tactic and with your defensive advice and its been working good. have a look and also might help 5hane.

Hey Reggaezal I'm testing your defence Tip with a very offensive line up right now. I will give some feedback how this works out as soon as I have played 10 games with that combination.

Soo far i have been using my own tactic and with your defensive advice and its been working good. have a look and also might help 5hane.

Cheers. I think you can guide spurs to a champions league finish, Or might even win the league, you have good winning rates. Thats the beauty of defence, You get away with 1 or 3 points if you dont concede.

Im currently experimenting an offside trap too but the zonal marker always strays too far wide and he screws the zonal marking.

And if you are using offensive tactics, this might not work all the time, depending on who you have at the back, if no defensive midfielders or fullbacks support 2 centrebacks then you are a sitting duck for a counter attack.

Yeah unfortunaely i ended up 5th, though injuries to key players at the end of season made me slip, if you need if help or anything mate i would be willing to help.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Kevymatts where did you finish overall?

3rd mate, team just wsnt strong enough to challenge like, cause i never signed no1 atall, was just trying out the defence

have to admit that this strategy is decent yet simple. with my attacking strategy and your wonderful guide, i havent been conceding too much despite not signing many defenders. just thumped everton 4-0 with stoke lol. nice 1 mate ;)

Get a screenshot of your centerbacks' attributes and post it here so i can be more specific, when i used spurs woodgate was very off-form and bassong was injured.

For LB, what did you do to Gareth bale? And your rightback has to be corluka.

Thanks, I will upload a snapshot as soon as I get to the other PC.

I actually played Naughton at RB for the later half of last season and he did quite well going forward. Bale was sold to Inter for £20m after the little girl cried and moaned about wanting to move to his dream club Man Utd. So i decided to invest £4m in Mattock and pick up a couple of promising brazilians and hope for the best.

Very interesting theory. Will give this a bash and see how it works out.

Bale was sold to Inter for £20m after the little girl cried and moaned about wanting to move to his dream club Man Utd.

LOL.No problems, Mattock will shine in a few years, i think you played the smart card because Bale is going to compete with santon for glory in inter.

Thanks mate will keep it in mind should I need it. Personally i like to play a tall powerfull CB and a pacey one.

We all love players with pace, i dont see any disadvantage of having pace. A good centerback should be tall and strong of course, but finding one with high pace is asking a little too much i think :)

Maybe a few youth players will work for you, younger players have alot of pace by nature

hi mate, w/ a couple of centrebacks like these: a centre back w/ cover duties and a limited defender w/ stopper duties, how will u apply yr theory???

these r the starting settings:

hvcuif.jpg

_perfido_

hi mate, w/ a couple of centrebacks like these: a centre back w/ cover duties and a limited defender w/ stopper duties, how will u apply yr theory???

these r the starting settings:

hvcuif.jpg

_perfido_

Ok, there is 1 thing that will not work with my theory here.

Your limited defender closes down too much, meaning he will run away from his other centerback partner too much, and this means its too risky to give him a man marking, i suggest you change him to a normal defender, or you can set him as the zonal marker. And i have yet to experiment with stopper or cover,so this will be a gamble but depending on what are the stats of your defender, you might pull it off.

And for your second defender i dont see any problem he should be a good man marker.

Make sure the zonal marker(the first one) is a defender with a little bit more pace, as he closes down alot. I can help you even more if you post a screenshot of your defender's attributes.

These r my centrebacks, I use Simunic, Nilsson or Vorsah as central defender and Compper or Jaissle as limited defender.

2r6cetj.jpg

Last edited:
mate i dont use limited defender,, just normal central defender and its working good, if you want ill upload it jus to show and defending set pieces is a big part also

kevymatts, dont you play at all youre games, just simulate, i mean, look at your inbox, you must have holidayed like 150 days with at madrid & tottenham:p

yeh i know when i make a tactic a holiday to certain dates, its just the way i test tactics, so i go through most game and look and posistive and negetive points then tweak the tactic like.

so youre just testing a tactic, not playing a save?

na just testing a tactic that i created using this defence theory

These r my centrebacks, I use Simunic, Nilsson or Vorsah as central defender and Compper or Jaissle as limited defender.

2r6cetj.jpg

_perfido_:

Alright, First choice man marker will be simunic 2nd will be nilson

Zonal marker first choice will be either nilson or vorsah or compper.

Your 2 strongest defenders will be Simunic (man marker) And nilson (zonal marker)

And yes kevymatts, i agree with you i would rather use a normal central defender. _perfido_, i think its better if you use a normal central defender than a limited defender

As you can see in my screen shot, i have 6 support roles,3 defend roles, and 1 atack role, its very balance for attacking and defending for me, and also the right players with the right attributes in positions are key,