Want to get an Extremely Solid Defense?

kevymatts i think you have a little too much supporting role players, do you change them along the game or do you leave them there, if you used my theory and if you used huddlestone to add extra beef to your defense then you should be doing very well.

But if you dont, i think you have to set the "More Roaming" to only attacking players and not fullbacks and midfielders.

I follow the 3 defense 3 attack formula, 4 supporters who can easily be changed into anything you want. my 3 defense will be like yours, my 3 attack is from my wingers and 1 striker, my other striker and 1 center midfielder support. But with your spurs i dont trust your midfield, seeing how there are too much spaces.

Huddlestone is a deep lying playmaker, palacios is a ball winning midfielder. anyways here is the roaming :

Good choice. Who do you have in mind to replace huddlestone(if injured), im going to test Middlesbrough soon and i need a defensive playmaker too, cant think of anyone there.

Everyone in this thread likes saying "bash"... So..

I'ma give it a bash tooo. ;D.

em just lost modric inter bidded 32million, and levy accepted :mad:. emm huddlestone suits the role perfect, was think maybe get in cattermole then rotate about, not sure, maybe wait till jan,cause huddlestone isnt really injury prone for me, emm barton, arouca,derek boateng, maybe do well for boro but thats just my opinion mate

Lol,who the heck are you going to get to replace modric,he's the Croat Kaka.

With middlesbrough im testing the newer version of my theory, this time im adding the offside trap to the equation, will post up screenies soon.

Lol,who the heck are you going to get to replace modric,he's the Croat Kaka.

With middlesbrough im testing the newer version of my theory, this time im adding the offside trap to the equation, will post up screenies soon.

you msn mate, if so add me.. emm i know im ripping only have a few days until deadline day:(. im trying to get bentley retrainin him into left winger and then start lennon until jan and then get some one in.

I would love to see mourinho's face even though it is a game.

Sorry dude, my msn isnt working, my whole laptop is pushing me closer and closer to slamming it to bits. Will catch up to you soon, need to work now.

I think it isnt that good in the first 6 games I conceeded 7 goals... WITH ARSENAL

Unforunately i'm not having more luck, i've gone from losing 4-3 to losing 2-1 so I guess a slight improvement.

Here are my defenders.
Bassong

Corluka

Toloi

Woodgate

Dawson is out injured at the moment.

I think it isnt that good in the first 6 games I conceeded 7 goals... WITH ARSENAL

Tell me your centrebacks and what defensive instructions you put in, your the first negative i received so i need you to tell me more details.

5hane, bassong looks more to being a zonal marker
Corluka is not suited well enough for any type of centerback, hes better of in rightback
Woodgate definite first choice man marker
Toloi looks average enough but i think you can put him as a zonal marker.

Chaz Sexington: Pace does not matter as my tactic focuses on the zonal marker to snuff out the through balls and such while the man marker intercepts player runs and sticks to them, so unless a player from the opposing team picks the ball up from midfield and has more strength to pull away from your midfielders and has the pace to beat 3,4 of your men, pace should not be a problem. You should set induvidual instruction for your man marker if there is a specific forward who is pacey

shane, what is your tactic/formation overall, when i was tottenham, i was sittin 3rd most of the season, my back four were, Bale,Woodgate,King,Corluka, and it worked a charmed?:)

Hmm, i think i need to revisit my tactics by starting all over again, Arsenal defenders shouldnt be giving problems at all, Vermaelan as zonal marker and gallas as man marker is enough to keep a good defense, and with Sagna coming back and forth it should be much more stronger.

Also just an update, if you are worried about Pacey forwards/opponents just use offside traps in your tactics, my theory doesnt seem to be affected by the offside trap that much.

Also please be reminded that if you simulate 10-20 games at once, take into mind that you have not been managing with the most advantage and you wouldnt know how the goals were conceded, set pieces and penalties etc. I have people pm-ing me that they concede 30 goals a season(which is not bad for a club like QPR) without taking into consideration of set pieces.

i tried it in one game with arsenal went 3-0 up agasnt stoke then they came back to some very dodgey defending luckly scored twice late on, i havnt used it agian becuase before that game i had only conceded 6 in 18 games which is quite good

would need a very solid defense:p maybe ill try it at some point:D

i tried it in one game with arsenal went 3-0 up agasnt stoke then they came back to some very dodgey defending luckly scored twice late on, i havnt used it agian becuase before that game i had only conceded 6 in 18 games which is quite good

Well if you use different tactics mid way through a series of games it unbalances the teams, And you are the second arsenal team to complain, i will definitly give it a go with arsenal and test it to make it better.

Well if you use different tactics mid way through a series of games it unbalances the teams, And you are the second arsenal team to complain, i will definitly give it a go with arsenal and test it to make it better.

this was the start of my fourth season so ive made some changes to my back they have done very well but vermeanleen was the zonal marker and kept straying out of position which was cuasing the problems il try out agian at the start of my fifth season so i can tweak it in friendlies