Stoke PL champions for the first time 2016/17 season! Just fantastic! Before the seasons last game, Stoke were leading the PL with 80 pts. Arsenal had 79 pts. We had Chelsea away. Arsenal had Leicester away. I was sure about three points for the Gunners. They slipped and lost 1-0. They could have won. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. We beat Chelsea 3-1!

I felt that Stoke were going in the wrong directon before we changed to Warlock. Im very happy that we changed. We never looked back from then on. Thanx again for a superb tactic!!

View attachment 1075428View attachment 1075429

2314885-20160828-mG046S.jpg

Thanx, Leo! LoL

I will stick to Warlock vol 2 but do you think that Warlock vol 3 will suit my Stoke team? I saw that you had great results with Rayo Vallecano and they are not a big team in Spain. Media Prediction for us was 8th. Next season they say 6th place.

Thanx, Leo! LoL

I will stick to Warlock vol 2 but do you think that Warlock vol 3 will suit my Stoke team? I saw that you had great results with Rayo Vallecano and they are not a big team in Spain. Media Prediction for us was 8th. Next season they say 6th place.

In my opinion v2 and v3 are working differently in different leagues. For me in Spain, v3 was better. You won the BPL with Stoke with v2, so you should stick to it. On the other hand jonese is postings his results with AFC Telford and he is enjoying b2b promotions. Of course it is not the BPL.

Based on your votes the 4-4-2 diamond was selected for testing. Below you can find my solution for this formation. Since I do not have the time to test it in a real league, I only did with my test division. The matches were played, no Instant Result used.

Please note this is a new test team. Previously the team did consist players in CA range 145-152, but that team was simply too good and sometimes I had good results during testing and it didn't worked that well in a real league. This new team has players in the CA range of 131-139 and the media prediction in 21st (it was 14th previously).

If you find it as a good one, I should create a new thread.

The setup

View attachment 130153 View attachment 130152 View attachment 130151 View attachment 130150

AMC takes the corners.

Results

View attachment 130148 View attachment 130147 View attachment 130146 View attachment 130145 View attachment 130144

All i can say zyndar what ever tactic you decide on,i will tell you this your's are the best iv'e ever used keep up the good work your a credit to fm base

Important thing to mention for the 4-4-2 diamond: you will need 2 equal wingbacks for both positions, since they are working A LOT due to the formation. You have to often substitute them.

Last edited:
Based on your votes the 4-4-2 diamond was selected for testing. Below you can find my solution for this formation. Since I do not have the time to test it in a real league, I only did with my test division. The matches were played, no Instant Result used.

Please note this is a new test team. Previously the team did consist players in CA range 145-152, but that team was simply too good and sometimes I had good results during testing and it didn't worked that well in a real league. This new team has players in the CA range of 131-139 and the media prediction in 21st (it was 14th previously).

If you find it as a good one, I should create a new thread.

The setup

View attachment 1075437 View attachment 1075438 View attachment 1075439 View attachment 1075440

AMC takes the corners.

Results

View attachment 1075442 View attachment 1075443 View attachment 1075444 View attachment 1075445 View attachment 1075446

Anyone else tried?

@zyndar can you create a players filter? thank you for this amazing tactic!

442 diamond Is there a filter to get players ?

Most important player attributes

GK – Reflexes, One on Ones, Handling, Communication ,Command Of Area

CD – Positioning, Concentration, Jumping Reach, Tackling, Anticipation

WB – Acceleration, Teamwork, Work Rate, Crossing, Positioning

DM - Teamwork, Work Rate, Positioning, Concentration, Decisions, Tackling

BBM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decisions, Positioning

AM – Passing, First Touch, Technique, Vision, Anticipation, Flair, Off The Ball

DLF – Finishing, Off The Ball, Composure, First Touch, Anticipation

First time posting on FM-Base. As testing your 442 diamond since is a diferent formation from all the others tactics.

Playing with Porto (big team from Portugal, but roster as not that great). On pré-season i get decent results, good defense, lot of shots but not many goals. In first game i get a draw, what is not great, and since as not working that well, i try to tweak the tactic to work as best as possible. From that point, i get 41 wins and only 1 draw (in league), still invencible in champion and all cups finals. Only changed team instruction, try to take a look and see if u like it, in my case greatly improve the way the players play.

View attachment 129897View attachment 129896View attachment 129895View attachment 129894

Cheers

First time posting on FM-Base. As testing your 442 diamond since is a diferent formation from all the others tactics.

Playing with Porto (big team from Portugal, but roster as not that great). On pré-season i get decent results, good defense, lot of shots but not many goals. In first game i get a draw, what is not great, and since as not working that well, i try to tweak the tactic to work as best as possible. From that point, i get 41 wins and only 1 draw (in league), still invencible in champion and all cups finals. Only changed team instruction, try to take a look and see if u like it, in my case greatly improve the way the players play.

View attachment 1075705View attachment 1075706View attachment 1075707View attachment 1075708

Cheers

Hi mate,

thanks for the feedback. Since the diamond got attention only from 2 members, it might be it is not working well. I think playing with Porto will not show the tactic's real power, but let me summarise your tweaks:

Width:

Wide -> Fairly wide

Build up:

Exploit both flanks added

Attack:

Work Ball Into Box added

Mixed crosses -> Low crosses

Roam from position removed

Well Zyndar, I havn't forgot this tactic at all, just got too many interesting tactics to try out and play with - 2 computers ain't enough :D