• Thread starter Thread starter Kerguelen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 392
  • Views Views 93K
View attachment 379242

February
A fairly short month.
Only 3 fixtures.
We break our transfer record, then break it again as we sign 2 players this month.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 AS Monaco (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 379237
We were fortunate to come away with a 3-2 victory here. We went 2-0 up, but Monaco got back on level terms and it looked like staying 2-2 until Tor Skippervik scored a last minute winner. Patrick Knudsen who is supposed to be our best player was absolute trash tonight and was a fault for both goals we conceded. Despite our narrow lead, I see Monaco turning things around in the 2nd leg and knocking us out.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 379235
A quality performance as we destroy our much weaker opponents. Forward Jorgen Bertilsson scored 4 goals in this match.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fjolnir (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 379233
An expected comfortable win over Fjolnir.

Upper League Cup Group B Table

View attachment 379232
Only 2 games played so far and we are top as expected.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 379228
Forward Jorgen Bertilsson gets the player of the month award, after scoring 4 goals against Knattspyrnufelag Fjakkabyggdar.

Players In

View attachment 379231
We sign striker 20 year Jonathan Green from Swedish side IFG Goteburg for a record fee of ?900K.

View attachment 379230
We smash our transfer record for the 2nd time in a week and spend a massive ?3.7mil to bring in 19 year old Brazilian midfielder Schumacher from Athletico Minero. He's a very balanced player & I look forward to seeing him progress.

Transfer Center

View attachment 379229
Not much else to talk about here. Just a couple of youngsters going out on loan to fellow Icelandic Premier League clubs.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Can we progress past AS Monaco in the Champions League?
Do we bring in any more players? Do any more players league?
How are we doing in the Upper League Cup?

Last edited:
View attachment 378008

March
Monaco kick us out of the Champions League.
Performing well as expected in the Upper League Cup.
We bring in 1 young player for the future.

March Fixtures

AS Monaco 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / 2nd Leg)
Monaco win 4-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 378007
Monaco score 2 late goals to win the 2nd leg 2-0 and kick us out 4-3 on aggregate. Disappointed we basically threw away a good opportunity to make the quarterfinals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Thor Akureyri (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 378006
A good performance & comfortable win. Midfielder Birkir Mar Magnusson scored a hat-trick.

Leiknir R. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 378005
A good performance & a comfortable win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Selfoss (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 378004
A comfortable win, as expected.

Upper League Cup Group Stage

View attachment 378003
Already qualified for the quarter finals with 2 games to spare. This is an easy group though.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 378002
Attacking midfielder 'Birkir Mar Magnusson' gets the award after scoring a hat-trick against Thor Akureyri.

New Signing

View attachment 378001 View attachment 378000
16 year old central defender Torben Thorup joins us for a fee of ?400k from Danish side FC Nordsjaelland.

Will we win the Upper League Cup for the 13th time in a row?

Wow...it's amazing how you changed a small semi-professional club into a club which plays regularly knockout rounds in Champions League. Good luck, looking forward to next part :)

Wow...it's amazing how you changed a small semi-professional club into a club which plays regularly knockout rounds in Champions League. Good luck, looking forward to next part :)

Thanks mate :). It's been hard work making this club competitive on the continental stage. Hopefully I make the final step up in the next few seasons and become a European powerhouse.

View attachment 377324

April
No new signings this month.
We win the Upper League Cup for the 13th time in a row.
April Fixtures

Keflavik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 377318
A good performance as we easily beat Keflavik 4-0.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Reynir S. (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 377317
Our first division opponents didn't stand a chance as we battered them with a very much rotated side.

View attachment 377315
It was a very easy group, so it's no surprise we completely dominated.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Valur (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 377314
Things didn't get off to a good start as an early own goal put us behind, but we equalized 2 minutes later. Central defender 'Kim Roger Kampesveen' who unfortunately scored the own goal made up for it, by scoring the winner in the 2nd half.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Breidablik (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 377312
A solid performance. We are through to the finals after a 4-1 victory over Breidablik.

Fram 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 377311
Not the greatest of starts as we go behind via an own goal. We came back strongly, and 2 goals from 'Olli Nygard' plus a goal form left back 'Colin Posa' sealed our 13th upper league cup victory in a row.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 377307
Star striker 'Olli Nygard' was our best player this month scoring 5 goals, including 2 in the Upper League Cup finals.

We play Valur in the Icelandic Champions Cup. Will we win?
Will we have a good start in the Premier League?
Will we sign anymore players before the window shuts?

View attachment 375791

May
Not everything goes to plan this month.
We drop points in the league already.
We do smash Valur ti win the Icelandic Champions Cup though.
We spend big before the transfer window closes.

May Fixtures

Valur 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 375790
This was a brilliant performance. We smashed Valur 6-0 and completely dominated.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375788
We win 2-0 but really should have won by a much higher margin.

Vikingur R. 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375783
A brilliant performance. We dominated, created a lot of chances, and won 7-0. Olli Nygard was brilliant and scored 4 of our goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375779
An awful performance. An awful result. To have so many shots but to have so few of them on target was very disappointing.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 375775
We are 2nd in the league after 3 games played. Fram are currently top and are the only side to have won all 3 of their opening fixtures.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 375769
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month.

Players In

View attachment 375767
Our first signing of the month is 17 year old Serbian striker Dusan Marinkovic who joins us for a fee of ?800k from Radnicki1923.

View attachment 375765
Our 2nd signing is 18 year old Welsh midfielder Lee Pope who joins us from Cardiff for a fee of ?4.9mil. He will go straight into the first team.

View attachment 375763
Our 3rd and final signing of the month is 19 year old Brazilian central defender Moises who joins us for a club record fee of ?5mil from Palmeiras. He will go straight into the starting XI.

Transfer Center

View attachment 375762
The only player to leave the club this month is midfielder 'John Olofsson' who joins Lekhwiya for a fee of ?1mil. I plan on selling a few more fringe players in the next few months.

How do our new signings settle in at the club?
I plan on selling a few fringe players. Who will leave?

View attachment 375545

June
We win all our games comfortably this month.
Surprisingly, it looks like we could have a real challenge for the title this year.

June Fixtures

Haukar 2-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375544
A comfortable win as we beat Haukar 5-2.

Haukar 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 375542
We scored 6 goals this match. Unfortunately only 4 of them were in the right goal.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375541
A very good performance here beating Fjolnir 6-0. Striker 'Tor Skippervik' manages to get a hat-trick.

Breidablik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375540
A comfortable 3-0 victory over Breidablik.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375539
Striker 'Tor Skippervik nets another hat-trick in an expected easy win over Fylkir.

Icelandic Premier League table

View attachment 375538
We are surprisingly still in 2nd place after Fram continued their amazing form an have won every league game so far. Looks like I could have a real fight for the title this year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 375537
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month. The striker managed to score 7 goals this month.

Transfer Center

View attachment 375536
We let go of 3 more players. None of them were first team players.
Central midfielder 'Freyr Thordarsson' joins Swiss side Grasshoppers for a fee of ?2.5mil.
Attacking midfielder 'Marvin Nunez' joins Belgium giants 'Anderlecht' for a fee of ?3mil.
Striker 'Ari Anttila' joins Italian side 'Atalanta' for a fee of ?2mil.

Will we return to the top of the league?

View attachment 375035

July
We draw with Fram in the league.
We see a few amazing individual performances.

July Fixtures

Fram 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375034
We only manage a draw with Fram. We had enough chances to win the game but disappointingly we didn't take them.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375033
A comfortable win over Valur who are definitely no longer the 2nd best side in Iceland.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375031
A good performance and a good result. My 2 Brazilians performed very well today.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375029
This was the Olli Nygard show. The striker put on an amazing performance and scored 5 goals as he single-handedly destroyed Stjarnan.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Vikingur R' (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 375028
Another amazing individual performance, this time from striker Jonathan Green who scored all 4 goals to crush 'Vikingur R'.

Vidar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 375026
I fielded a side of backups and reserve players, and they got the job done.

Njardvik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 375024
An expected easy win over Njardvik.

View attachment 375023
We are back to the top of the table, but only just. We edge Fram on goal difference.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 375022
Olli Nygard was our best player this month. Our star striker has been in great form.

Will we pull clear of Fram in the League?
What will our Champions League group look like this year?
Is there any chance of a decent youth intake?

I'm quite far behind on updates at the moment (I'm already into next season), so I plan to do quite a few updates tonight & catch up.

View attachment 374421

August
A good month.
We're pull away from Fram a little bit.
Our youth intake was abysmal.

August Fixtures

APOEL Nicosia 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 374420
A comfortable 2-0 win. We will finish the job at home.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 APOEL Nicosia (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 5-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 374419
We easily win the 2nd leg. We go through to the playoff round after a 5-0 aggregate win.

Vikingur O' 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374417
Another Olli Nygard inspired victory. The striker scored 4 goals this match as we easily won.

Grotta 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 374416
Surprisingly we faced a very weak team in the semi-finals of the Icelandic Cup. I decided to rest most of my first team, and my back-ups done the job winning 6-1.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Valur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 374415
We beat Valur without too much trouble to claim another Icelandic Cup win.

NK Maribor 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 374414
A strong performance against our Slovenian opponents. We win the first leg 5-1.

Fjolnir 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374413
We didn't play very well today, but we got the win with a goal from forward Jorgen Bertilsson.
Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-2 NK Maribor (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
We win 10-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 374412
Another strong performance, again inspired by Olli Nygard who scored another 4 goals. We win 10-3 on aggregate to enter the group stages.

View attachment 374411
We are now 1 point ahead of Fram with a game in hand. As long as we don't have an awful September the league will be ours.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 374409
Olli Nygard put on some amazing performances this month and was quite clearly our best player throughout August.

Champions League Group Stage

View attachment 374408 View attachment 374421 View attachment 374407 View attachment 374402
AC Milan..........Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur......Olympiacos Piraeus......Malmo FF

We were drawn as 2nd seeds for the first time ever. I am happy with this group & feel we should finish 2nd if we play well. Olympiacos won't be an easy opponent, but i'm confident of getting at least 4 points from our games against them.

Youth Intake

View attachment 374405
That is what I though of this years youth intake.
Our best youth was a 5ft defender with a potential of 2 stars. I didn't sign keep any of them.

We should win the league, shouldn't we?

View attachment 374377

September
This month hasn't exactly gone to plan.
We end up losing to Fram at home in what was a very important fixture.
It was a nervy finish to the season.

September Fixtures

Fylkir 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374376
A good performance here as we beat relegation threatened Fylkir 5-0. Both Olli Nygard & Tor Skippervik scored 2 goals each.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374375
A comfortable 2-0 win over Breidablik.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374374
A very good performance. Central midfielder Lee Pope managed to score a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374373
Very disappointed. Had we held on to the draw everything would have been OK, but we conceded a last minute goal which annoyed me. How costly will this loss prove to be?

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Olympiacos (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374371
A last minute goal from Olli Nygard gives us a deserved win. We were in control throughout the whole match, but struggled to finish off our chances.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374369
A good performance in the 2nd half gave us a deserved 4-0 win.

Valur 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374368
For F***S Sake! This one really ****** me off. We were awful, and just when it started to look like we would score an equalizer Patrick Knudsen got himself sent off.

Keflavik 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374367
A really good performance against already relegated Keflavik. We dominated from start to finish and thrashed our opponents. The league is basically ours now, with 1 more game to play.

Stjarnan 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 374365
A good performance to end the season. I didn't put out my strongest side as we were 3 points ahead of Fram with a far superior goal difference. Even if we had lost we would have won the league on goal difference.

View attachment 374364
We win the league by 3 points in the end, but it was closer than I would have liked. Fram put on a strong title challenge this year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 374363
Young striker 'Dusan Marinkovik' was our best player this month. The 18 year old was involved in 5 games & scored 5 goals this month.

A review of this season.

I'm almost a full season ahead now in the game, so I really have to catch up with my updates. Expect a lot of updates to follow tonight :D.

View attachment 374054

Season Review
We won the quadruple which I had expected.
Fram gave us a surprisingly good challenge for the title.

Stats

View attachment 374053
Olli Nygard was the top scorer in the league with 18 goals. Tor Skippervik came 2nd with 15 league goals.
Tor Skippervik had the best average rating over the league campaign with 8.19.
Jorgen Bertilsson was 2nd in the list for assists, creating 11 goals. Tor Skippervik also created 11 goals.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 374050
We were 3rd in the fair play rankings, behind Fram & Valur.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 374049
We had 5 players in the team of the year. Espen Falch-Olsen, Moises, Kim Roger Kampesveen, Olli Nygard & Tor Skippervik made the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 374048
I won the manager of the year award.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 374047 View attachment 374046
Tor Skippervik was our player of the year, and also the Icelandic player of the year. The striker had 21 goals & 27 assists in 31 appearances in all competitions.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 374045 View attachment 374044
Jorgen Bertilsson had an amazing season and was our young player of the year & won the Icelandic young player of the year award.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (22 Years With KR)

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Year[/TD]
[TD]Upper League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Champions Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Premier League[/TD]
[TD]Europa League[/TD]
[TD]Champions League[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]2nd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Runners Up[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2026[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2027[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2028[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2029[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2030[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2031[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2032[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2033[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2034[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Still Involved[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

A review of the Champions League group stage.

View attachment 374032

Champions League Journey
We won 1-0 against Olympiacos in our first group game. (Shown in the September update)
Here's how the rest of the group games went.

AC Milan 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374031
We done really well to get a win at the San Siro. Tor Skippervik with the goal to give us the 1-0 win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Malmo FF (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374030
A good performance & a good win.

Malmo FF 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374029
A quality performance here as we put 5 past Malmo FF. We have confirmed our place in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round with this victory.

Olympiacos 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374028
A good performance here as we win 2-0 in Greece. We have confirmed that we have won our group with this win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 AC Milan (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 374027
A pretty even match, but Milan took their chances and beat us 2-0.

Champions League Group H Table

View attachment 374025
I though we would finish 2nd in this group, but we ended up doing better than I had expected, and we finished 1st.
The downside is we ended up drawing 'AS Monaco' in the 1st knockout round, and I can't see us getting them.

A review of the upcoming season.

Last edited:
View attachment 374011

Pre-Season
A fairly short pre-season.
Not too much happened on the transfer front.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 FK Austria Wien

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 SK Rapid Wien

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Lech Poznan

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Molde FK

Players In

View attachment 374007
The only player to join us so far was 21 year old English central defender 'Joseph Okafor' who completed his ?2mil move from Norwich City.

Transfer Center

View attachment 374006
The only outgoing transfer of note was midfielder Torfi Geir Agnarsson joining Sparta Prague for a fee of ?4.1mil.

How do we fare against AS Monaco in the Champions League? Can we pull off a massive upset?
Also the start of the Upper League Cup, which I expect to win again.

View attachment 374005

February
Not a good month.
Very average performances against weak sides in the Upper League Cup.
Looks like AS Monaco are going to kick us out of the Champions League again!

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Njardvik (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 374004
A 3-0 was about what I had expected against a side from the First Division. Central defender 'Joseph Okafor' did score on his debut which was pleasing.

Grotta 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 374003
Not a great performance against probably the weakest side in our group. I had expected a bit more than a boring 3-1 win.

AS Monaco 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 374002
No surprise Monaco beat us. I don't feel we deserved to lose this game though. It's going to be very difficult to turn things around at home.

View attachment 374001
We are 2nd in our group, behind Fram on goal difference after 2 games.

Can we somehow turn things around and beat Monaco?

View attachment 373596

March
Monaco kick us out of the Champions League again
:(.
I'm starting to wonder if i'll ever win the Champions League with 'KR' :(.

March Fixtures

Fylkir 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 373595
We dominate Fylkir and record an easy victory. Olli Nygard scored 4 of our goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Throttur Reykjavik (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 373594
We record another 6-0 victory against a much weaker opponent.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 AS Monaco (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / 2nd Leg)
AS Monaco win 3-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 373593
We couldn't turn around the narrow defeat we suffered in France. We suffer another narrow defeat back in Iceland and lose 3-1 on aggregate.

View attachment 373592
After 4 games in the upper league cup we are top of our group. Both ourselves & Fram have won all our games so far.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 373591
Olli Nygard was our best player this month.

Do we win the Upper League cup for the 14th time in a row?

View attachment 373154

April
We win the Upper League Cup again.

April Fixtures

Fram 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 373153
Fram scored an early goal, and despite us having a few good chances to turn things around we fall to a disappointing defeat.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 373152
A good performance here as we best our first division opponents 6-0. Striker Jonathan Green manages to score a hat-trick.

Reynir S. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 373151
We get the win we came here for, but we should have won by about 5 or 6 goals.
View attachment 373150
We end up finishing 2nd in our group after Fram won every group game & finish 3 points ahead of us.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 373149
A good performance and an easy win as we make our way into the Semi-Finals.

Breidablik 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 373148
A very good performance as we smash Breidablik to make the finals of the Upper League Cup. Star striker 'Olli Nygard' scored a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 7-0 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 373147
A brilliant performance here as we smash Stjarnan to win the Upper League Cup for the 14th time in a row. Olli Nygard was again in amazing form and scored 4 of our goals.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 373146
Olli Nygard was in great form this month. The star striker scored 3 goals in the semi-finals & 4 goals in the finals.

We play Fram in the Icelandic Champions Cup. Can we win?
Can we get off to a good start in the Icelandic Premier League?

View attachment 372993

May
We beat Fram in the Icelandic Champions Cup.
A positive start to the Premier League campaign.
Our opponents seem to be helping us by scoring a few own goals
:).
Could we have a surprise team fight us for the title?

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Fram (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 372992
Another Icelandic Champions Cup trophy for us. Tor Skippervik was brilliant today and scored a hat-trick. This is actually the 1st time in 4 matches we've got the better of Fram after they took 4 points from us least season & best us in one of the Upper League cup group fixtures this year. The main thing though is e beat Fram when in really mattered.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372990
An even better performance against Fram as we beat them for the 2nd time in 4 days. Tor Skippervik again scored a hat-trick.

Selfoss 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372988
Another 6-0 win for us, this time away to newly promoted Selfoss.

Valur 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372986
Our 3rd game in a row where we put 6 goals past an opponent. This time it's Valur that get battered. Unfortunately they managed to score a last minute goal to stop me winning 6-0 again.

Fjolnir 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372985
We struggled to put our chances away today, and could only come away with a 2-1 win.

View attachment 372978
We are top of the league on goal difference after winning our first 4 games. Surprisingly 'Vikingur Olafsvik' have also won their first 4 games and sit just behind us in 2nd.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 372971
Striker Tor Skippervik was our best player this month.

Are we really going to see a title challenge from 'Vikingur Olafsvik'?

View attachment 372968

June
Looks like normality has resumed.
'Vikingur Olafvisk' drop off and we look like running away with the league once more.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372967
We were not at our best today, but we got the win we had expected.

KFS Vestmennaeyjar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 372966
Even though I've been managing in Iceland for a long time I've still never heard of this side we've just faced. I gave my backups a game and they done well.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372964
A very good performance here. Haukar became another team we put 6 goals past this season. Unfortunately Tor Skippervik broke his ribs and will be missing for up to 6 weeks.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Vikingur O' (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372962
A good performance here and a good win. I'm happy to win comfortably after the war of words between myself and the Vikingur Olafvisk manager (who is an ex-Valur manager).

Vikingur R 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 372961
Attacking midfielder 'Birkir Mar Magnusson' stole the show here scoring 4 goals as we yet again put 6 goals past our opponents. 6 looks like the magic number this season.

View attachment 372959
We are 6 points clear of 2nd placed Fram after 8 games. Vikingur Olafsvik fell off quickly and I expect they will fall into mid-table now.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 372960
Olli Nygard was our best player this month. The striker scored 4 goals this month.

Will we extend our 6 point lead at the top of the table?
Will any more teams concede 6 goals against us?

Back