We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Kerguelen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 392
  • Views Views 93K
Big, big fan - checking daily for updates!

I would also love the finance, stadium, nations ranks and such as well :D

Keep up the good job!

I've been quietly following this for ages and I look for updates pretty much every day, your doing well and i'd love to see a post dedicated to details like your finances, co-efficients and things :)

I've also got a save similar with Bala Town, in 2026 and after never finishing higher than 3rd in a champions league group I've just topped one that consisted of Fc Porto, PSG, and Vitesse built on defense only conceding 3 in 6, I've got Juve in the first knockout :D

I'll do a big update at the end of the season, showing our finances, facilities & coefficients.
Bala Town sounds like a very tough, but fun save. Let us know how you get on against Juventus :).

One of the best stories I've ever read, considering the challenge you were presented with. I know the Guernsey Youth story is one of the most well known on this forum, but given the rep of the nation I'd consider your achievements better than that.

One major question, can we have a review of the other teams in the country, their top players? You dominate everything nationally so I wondered what the competition was like.

Thanks, it's good knowing this story is rated so highly :).
I'll do a review of the other teams top players at the end of the season in the planned update showing my facilities, coefficients etc.

Big, big fan - checking daily for updates!

I would also love the finance, stadium, nations ranks and such as well :D

Keep up the good job!

Thanks, I appreciate it :D.
I'll run through everything at the end of the season. It seem's a lot of people want to see finances, rankings etc, so i'll make sure it's a massive detailed update :).

View attachment 389036

September
We win the rest of our league games to record a 100% record :).
This is the second time we've had a 100% record in the league.
We complete the quadruple again
:).

September Fixtures

Valur 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389034
We beat 'Valur' in their new stadium. They made it tough for us & it was a fairly even game but we were just more clinical. I've only just realized 'Valur' have a new stadium, and it's 18,250 capacity is much larger than ours. Ours is only 13,500. I might have to speak to my board about expanding ours now lol.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389033
A comfortable 3-1 win for us. 'IR' had a man sent off late in the game but it didn't make any difference to the scoreline. With this win we were crowned champions for the 14th season in a row :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Afturelding (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389031
I didn't play a strong team at all. In fact no first choice players were in the starting XI. We still got the job done, and despite only winning 1-0 we really could have had 4 or 5.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 389030
A comfortable 2-0 win made even easier due to 'Sparta Prague' having a man sent of within the first 5 minutes. It was one way traffic throughout the whole game, and again we could have scored 4 or 5.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389029
Not the best of performances here today, but we still got the win we came here for. Right-back 'Patrick Knudsen' scored late on to give us the 3 points.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389027
A very good performance here as we beat an over-achieving 'HK' side 4-0.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389026
Goals from 'Olli Nygard' & 'Tor Skippervik' gave us a 2-0 win over 'IR'.

Fjolnir 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389025
We end the Premier League campaign with a 4-0 win over Fjolnir.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 389024
We the league fairly easily as usual. We recorded a very impressive 100% record in the league for only the 2nd time ever. Surprisingly 'Stjarnan' finished down in 8th place, and after a poor season they sacked their manager.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 389023
Gudmundur Kolbeinsson was our best player this month.

What To Expect In The Next Update
A review of what has been another very good season.

I'll do a big update at the end of the season, showing our finances, facilities & coefficients.
Bala Town sounds like a very tough, but fun save. Let us know how you get on against Juventus :).

I got through against conceding only 1 over the two legs and actually winning one nil in Turin!

... Then eventual winners PSG (who I was unbeaten against in the group stage) knocked me out 5-4 on aggregate, oh well still a good run

Mate I love this... I know I don't comment much but I check for updates everyday. You've done a fantastic job with this team and incredibly it now seems they are a bit of a European powerhouse now

Mate I love this... I know I don't comment much but I check for updates everyday. You've done a fantastic job with this team and incredibly it now seems they are a bit of a European powerhouse now

Thanks mate :).
I feel we are definitely a good European side now. Somewhere near the levels a Benfica or a Porto.

View attachment 388743

Season Review

Another great season.
We win the Quadruple again.
We had a 100% record in the league.

Stats

View attachment 388742
'Olli Nygard' was the leagues top scorer with 18 goals in 17 appearances. 'Gudmundur Kolbeinsson' also scored 13 league goals in 13 appearances.
'Marvin Nunez' had the best rating over the season with an average of 8.42 in 11 league appearances.
'Olli Nygard' was top of the assist list as well as the goalscoring chart. He had 15 league assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 388741
We were not in the top 3 for the fair play award which was very surprising. We only had 7 yellow cards all season. Some of the other teams must have been little angels.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 388740
We had 2 players in the team of the year. Keeper 'Espen Falch-Olsen & striker 'Olli Nygard' were the 2 players.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 388739
Despite winning everything domestically, I didn't win the manager of the year award :(. They gave it to the Keflavik manager (Kolbeinn Sigurdsson). I obviously feel I should have won it.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 388738 View attachment 388737
Olli Nygard was our player of the year. Our star striker had 29 goals & 23 assists in 36 appearances over the season. An outstanding record.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 388734 View attachment 388733
Patrick Knudsen was our young player of the year for the 2nd season in a row. He's been brilliant again this season & his reputation is now considered 'Worldwide' and is our first player to have such a reputation.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (20 Years With KR)

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Year[/TD]
[TD]Upper League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Champions Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Premier League[/TD]
[TD]Europa League[/TD]
[TD]Champions League[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]2nd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Runners Up[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2026[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2027[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2028[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2029[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2030[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2031[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2032[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Still Involved[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
A review of the Champions League group stage.

View attachment 387627

Champions League Journey

We beat Sparta Prague 2-0 in our first group game. Here's how the other group games went.

CSKA Moscow 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 387640
We put on a good performance & I feel we were very unlucky to only come away with a draw. We were dominant for long periods of the game, but we were just unable to score a 2nd goal.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Valencia (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 387639
We were brilliant today. We took the lead in the 4th minute with a well taken finish from 'Tor Skippervik' but just before half-time our captain 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' managed to score an own goal. I was worried about the 2nd half, but 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' made up for earlier and scored our winner.

Valencia 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 387638
Another brilliant performance and result against Valencia who are the current Champions League holders. We were amazing throughout and pulled off an amazing victory in Spain.

Sparta Prague 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 387636
A great performance as we destroy Sparta Prague. We didn't put out our strongest side, so that makes our victory even more impressive. With this victory we have confirmed we have won our group with a game still remaining.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 CSKA Moscow (Champions League Group G)

View attachment 387635
Another brilliant performance to end our group.

Champions League Group G Table

View attachment 387634
I'm delighted with how we performed in our group. I felt we could get through, but I didn't think we could win our group. I'm so proud of my players.

The massive update that I said I would do.
I'll be showing my facilities, finances & coefficients.
I'll be showing the best players of all the other clubs in the Icelandic Premier League.
I'll include my best players as well, although I think you already know who they are :).
I'll also be showing the facilities & finances of the other Icelandic Premier League clubs.

Mate, could you also show maybe the 3-5 most expensive/succesful/highest PA-players in the world? Or maybe 10?

I'm about to start the big update now.. Should be up in the next 90 minutes :).

View attachment 385148Big Update Which You All RequestedView attachment 385148

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
View attachment 385148
*The club I manage.
*The number 1 club in Iceland.

Club Overview, Finances & Facilities

View attachment 385147 View attachment 385146 View attachment 385145
We are clearly the number 1 club in Iceland. I would say we are around the same level as Benfica, Porto & Zenit. The clubs estimated value is ?117mil & the loan debt is ?17.75mil. We have amazing facilities. Our training facilities are superb & our youth facilities are excellent. Our junior coaching is extensive which is the best it can get.

Star Players

View attachment 385144 View attachment 385143
We have a quality squad. I feel our starting XI is very strong. Right-back Patrick Knudsen & central midfielder Viktor Mar Gardarsson are our 2 star players. Patrick Knudsen already has a worldwide reputation and has the potential to be one of the best right-backs in the world. Viktor Mar Gardarsson is also an amazing player and has the potential to be a world class central midfielder in the future.

Valur Reykjavik
View attachment 385142
*Valur are the 2nd best side in Iceland.
*They are one of the 2 clubs who have a bigger stadium than ours. The other team is Fram (who are the 3rd best side in Iceland)
*Besides ourselves, there are only 2 other teams who have stayed in the Premier League since this story started. The other side is Stjarnan.

View attachment 385141 View attachment 385140View attachment 385139
Valur have the biggest stadium in Iceland. They moved into the Jobe Stadium last year (The stadium was named after their legendary defender Matarr Jobe). Their new stadium has a capacity of 18250. The club is valued at ?6mil 7 their loan debt is ?10mil. Their facilities are not that good.

Star Players

View attachment 385138 View attachment 385137
Valur have a pretty good squad. They have some good players and they really should be getting to the group stages of a continental competition, so it's quite surprising that they haven't managed to do that yet. 20 year old striker Maksim Smirnov is their best player & is actually someone I had considered buying last year. Another one of their star players is 25 year old forward Wazi Shai.

Fram Reykjavik
View attachment 385136
*Fram are the 3rd best side in Iceland.
*Fram are one of the clubs to have a larger stadium than ours, the other side is Valur.

View attachment 385135 View attachment 385134 View attachment 385133
Fram play their home games at Iceland's national stadium (The Laugardalsvollur) which holds 15,182. They have been playing since before the start of this save. The club is valued at ?5mil and the loan debt is ?13.5mil. Their facilities are not that good.

Star Players

View attachment 385132 View attachment 385131
Fram have a pretty good squad. They should be able to reach the group stages of a continental competition and it is a bit of a surprise they haven't managed to do that yet. Midfielders Magnus Mar Geirsson & Magnus Mar Hauksson are 2 of their star players.

UMF Stjarnan Gardabaer
View attachment 385127
*Stjarnan are the 4th best side in Iceland.
* Besides ourselves, Stjarnan are 1 of the 2 side to have been in the Premier League since this story started. The other side is Valur.

View attachment 385125 View attachment 385124 View attachment 385123
Stjarnan have a small stadium for a club of their stature. The Samsumg Vollurinn only holds 1400. Stjarnan have very poor finances & their finances have been poor since the start of this save. Maybe they can't afford to expend their stadium or build a new one. The club value is ?1.3mil and their loan debt is ?12.75mil. Their facilities are poor, but I doubt they can afford to upgrade them at the moment.

Star Players

View attachment 385118 View attachment 385117
Stjarnan have a fairly good squad. They probably need a couple more good players to make the group stages of a continental competition, although their current squad may be good enough.

Keflavik IF
View attachment 385116
*Keflavik are probably the 5th best side in Iceland.

View attachment 385115 View attachment 385114 View attachment 385113
Keflavik are still a semi-professional side which is a bit of a surprise considering how long they have been in the Premier League for. They really need to go professional if they are to progress further. The club is valued at ?650K and their loan debt is ?1.9mil. Their facilities are not very good.

Star Players

View attachment 385110 View attachment 385109
Their squad is OK at the moment. 2 of their key players are Birgir Thorarinsson & Arnar Johannesson.

Haukar Hafnarjardar

View attachment 385108
*Haukar were a stable Premier League side until their shock relegation last year.
*They made an immediate return to the Premier League.

View attachment 385107 View attachment 385106 View attachment 385105
Haukar are still a semi-professional side. They should have gone professional while they were a stable Premier League side. The club is valued at ?1.9mil and their loan debt is ?1.3mil. Their facilities are poor.

Star Players

View attachment 385102 View attachment 385101
Haukar's squad is not that good at the moment. They lost a lot of their good players upon relegation last year, so they will have to improve their squad for the season ahead if they want to become a stable Premier League side again.

Breidablik Kopavogur
View attachment 385099
*Breidablik are very similar to Haukar.
*They were surprisingly relegated a year ago with Haukar & have just been promoted with Haukar.
*Breidablik have just gone professional.

View attachment 385097 View attachment 385096 View attachment 385095
Breidablik have just gone professional. They probably should have made that step up a while ago, but the main thing for them is they have made that step up. The club is valued at ?1.7mil and their loan debt is ?5.75mil. Their facilities are actually pretty good. They have great training facilities & above average youth recruitment.

Star Players

View attachment 385092 View attachment 385091
When Breidablik were relegated a year ago they lost a few key players but managed to keep the core of their squad, and probably in a better position than Haukar to progress.

Fjolnir Reykjavik
View attachment 385088
*Fjolnir are a semi-professional side.
*They have been in the Premier League for a while now.

View attachment 385087 View attachment 385086 View attachment 385085
Fjolnir are still a semi-professional side. They should probably make the step up and go professional soon. Fjolnir are a pretty inconsistent side, as they can be challenging for a European spot 1 year and can be threatened by relegation the next. The club is valued at ?1.2mil & their loan debt is ?5mil.

Star Players

View attachment 385084 View attachment 385083
Their squad is Ok, but if I was them I would probably look at bringing in a couple of quality players. I can't see them getting relegated with the squad they currently have though.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar
View attachment 385082
*Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar were Iceland's number 1 side at the start of this save. How the mighty have fallen.
*They only just avoided relegation last year.

View attachment 385081 View attachment 385080 View attachment 385079
Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar are a professional side. They have definitely underachieved in this save, especially in recent years where they were struggling in the First Division. The club is valued at ?725k & their loan debt is ?4.4mil. Their facilities are fairly poor.

Star Players

View attachment 385073 View attachment 385072
Their squad isn't that bad & a lot of their players are fairly young, so I can see the club improving and becoming more reputable as a result.

UMF Vikingur Olafsvik
View attachment 385049
*Vikingur Olafsvik have had a lot of promotions and relegation's during this save.
* They are a professional side.

View attachment 385078 View attachment 385077 View attachment 385076
Vikingur Olafsvik have had a lot of promotions & relegation's. When they have been in the Premier League they have almost always struggled against relegation, although they did have a 7 year spell in the premier league before they again were relegated. They are currently in the Premier League though. The club is valued at ?975k & their loan debt is ?3.7mil. Their facilities are poor.

Star Players

View attachment 385075 View attachment 385074
Their squad needs some work done to it. I feel they will struggle this year, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them continue them go down.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs
View attachment 385071
*The club have mainly been in the first division during this save.
*They had a really good year last year and finished 5th.

View attachment 385070 View attachment 385069 View attachment 385068
Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs are a semi-professional side. It's not surprising they are still semi-professional considering they spent most of their years on this save in the First Division. The club is valued at ?1.1mil and their loan debt is ?2.6mil. Their facilities are fairly good, and their junior coaching is good.

Star Players

View attachment 385066 View attachment 385065
Their squad is not very good, but the players must be doing something right since they finished 5th last year. They have one of the youngest squads in the league, so the club might improve a lot in the future.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur
View attachment 385064
*Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur spent a lot of time in the First Division and the Second Division before their current spell in the Premier League.
*They are a semi-professional side.

View attachment 385062 View attachment 385061 View attachment 385060
Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur are still a semi-professional side. They are having an amazing spell right now and should take the opportunity to go professional now, before they sink back down the leagues. The club is valued at ?400k & their loan debt is ?1.2mil. Their facilities are poor, although their junior coaching isn't bad.

Star Players

View attachment 385059 View attachment 385058
Their squad isn't very good, yet they have stayed up for 6 years and haven't been severely threatened by relegation yet. If they want to continue this spell I feel they need some new better players.

Some Of The Best & Most Expensive Players In The World

View attachment 385057 View attachment 385056 View attachment 385055 View attachment 385054

View attachment 385052 View attachment 385053 View attachment 385051 View attachment 385050

*So that's the massive update I promised you all. Hope you liked it
^^)*

A review of the upcoming season.
I plan on bringing quite a few new players.

View attachment 384729

Pre-Season
As usual, a good pre-season.
We bring in 2 players so far. I do hope to bring in a couple more.

Pre-Season Fixtures

HKJ Helsinki 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Honka 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Fc Lahti 1-8 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

FC Haka 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

We go on a tour of Finland for our pre-season fixtures. We won all 4 of our friendly games with ease, and I'm pleased with that.

Atli Dagur Snorrason Testimonial

View attachment 384725 View attachment 384724
We gave a testimonial to long serving defender/defensive midfielder 'Atli Dagur Snorrason'. He joined the club when he was 17 years old, and despite not always being a first team regular, he has had a good career with us.

Atli Dagur Snorrason's Stats & Career History
View attachment 384721 View attachment 384720

Players In

View attachment 384719
Our first signing is 16 year old central midfielder 'Viggo Halflidason' from first division side 'Afturelding' for a fee of ?140K. He should become a first team player for us in the future as he has a lot of potential.

View attachment 384715
Our second signing is 18 year old striker 'Petri Lallukka' who joins us for a fee of ?20k from Finnish side TPS.

Transfer Center

View attachment 384712
Our only outgoing player so far is winger 'Arnthor Adolfsson' who joins Italian side Reggina for a fee of ?1.2mil. He came through our youth academy at the same time as star midfielder Viktor Mar Gardarsson & just like Gardarsson he had so much potential. However a series of long-term injuries severely hampered his progress.

The start of the Upper League Cup.
We have a very tough tie against Aston Villa in the Champions League 1st Knockout round.

View attachment 383551

February
Looks like Aston Villa will kick us out of the Champions League.
We start off well in the Upper League Cup though.

February Fixtures

Aston Villa 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 383548
Despite the fact Aston Villa are a better side I am still disappointed with the performance & result, especially after how well we played in the group stages. I very much doubt we can overturn this defeat.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fylkir (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 383545
An expected comfortable win over first division opponents. The slight disappointment was we picked up 5 yellow cards & a red card. It's very unusual for us to be poorly disciplined.

Njardvik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 383540
An expected 3-0 win over another first division side.

Fjolnir 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage )
View attachment 383536
A very good performance here as we beat Fjolnir 6-1. Olli Nygard gets himself a hat-trick.

Upper League Cup Group Stage

View attachment 383533
A good start for us in the Upper League Cup as we win our first 3 fixtures.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 383530
Midfielder Ludek Horek was our best player this month. The young central midfielder is developing well & impressed this month.

Will we be able to overturn a 2-0 loss against Aston Villa in the 2nd leg.
Will we continue playing well in the Upper League Cup.

View attachment 382302

March
Aston Villa kick us out of the Champions League.
Continuing to play well in the Upper League Cup.
We also have a new feeder club.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 Aston Villa (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
Aston Villa win 4-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 382301
We performed well but were unable to overturn the first leg 2-0 away loss. After winning the 2nd leg at home 3-2 we go out of the Champions League 4-3 on aggregate.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-3 Afturelding (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 382300
This was a very entertaining game for the fans. We were great going forward and scored a couple of brilliant goals, but in defense we were not good at all and made quite a few mistakes.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Thor Akureyri (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 382299
A good performance as we win 4-0 at home to another First Division side.

Handknattleksfelag Kopavogs 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 382298
Another good performance as we beat 'HK' 5-1. 'Tor Skippervik' manages to score 2 goals.

Upper League Cup Group Stage

View attachment 382297
We have confirmed we have won the our group with a game to spare. It's been an easy group for us.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 382296
Striker 'Tor Skippervik' was our best player this month. He was in brilliant form scoring 5 goals this month.

New Feeder Club

View attachment 382295
We announce that English side 'Shrewsbury Town' who are currently playing in 'League One' are our new feeder club.

Feeder Club List

View attachment 382294
We have 6 feeder clubs now. 3 of them are English clubs. We did have another English club, Plymouth Argyle but the board terminated the partnership a while ago.

New Signing

View attachment 382292 View attachment 382291
We bring in 16 year old central defender 'Branko Mikic' from Bosnia & Herzegovina side 'Zeljeznicar' for a fee of ?300k. 'Zeljeznicar' are one of our feeder clubs.

Do we win the Upper League Cup for the 12th season in a row.

View attachment 381994

April
Brilliant performances throughout the month.
We stroll to success in the Upper League Cup.
It's now our 12th Upper League Cup win in a row.

April Fixtures

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 381993
A good performance in our final group game.

View attachment 381992
We won this group so easily. There were no potentially tricky fixtures to play and we completely dominated.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 381991
A very good performance here beating Stjarnan 4-0. Marvin Nunez & Olli Nygard performed particularly well both scoring 2 goals each.

Fram 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 381990
What a performance. Fram probably wish they stayed at home after this battering we game them. Everyone had an amazing game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 381989
A brilliant performance!! We win the Upper League Cup for the 12th time in a row. 'Tor Skippervik' had such a great game, scoring 4 goals. Just like in semi-finals everyone had a quality game.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 381988
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month. He was amazing, scoring 2 goals in the semi-finals & 4 goals in the finals of the Upper League Cup.

We play Fram in the Icelandic Champions Cup. Will we give them another 7-0 battering?
Will we get off to a good start in the Premier League.
Interest is again mounting for star players Viktor Mar Gardarsson & Patrick Knudsen. I'm worried I may not be able to keep them any longer.

Back