We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Kerguelen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 392
  • Views Views 93K
View attachment 381862

May
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup against Fram.
We get of to a good start in the Premier League.
I've rejected big offers for both Patrick Knudsen & Viktor mar Gardarsson.

May Fixtures

Fram 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 381861
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup against Fram 3-0 but it wasn't easy. They gave us a game, and fought hard, but our superiority showed in the end.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Vikingur O' (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381860
A good win in our first Premier League game of the season. The very much sought after 'Viktor Mar Gardarsson' opened up the scoring with a world class finish. Olli Nygard & Tor Skippervik scored our other 2 goals.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381859
We surprisingly fell behind in the 3rd minute to our opponents who are one of the relegation favorites. Their lead didn't last very long as normal service resumed and we ran out 5-1 winners.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381858
A good performance and result as we best Fjolnir 4-0. It was a mixed evening of 'Olli Nyard' who scored an early penalty, but then missed a penalty later on in the game.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381857
A comfortable and expected 2-0 win away to 'FH'.

Valur 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381856
A very good performance & result. We were dominant throughout the majority of the game. Central midfielder 'Kjell Skarin' was very impressive & managed to scored 2 goals.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 381855
We are 2 points clear at the top of the league after 5 fixtures. 'Valur' have been struggling so far and find themselves down in 8th place.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 381854
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month, scoring 4 goals & creating 4 goals.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Will both Patrick Knudsen & Viktor Mar Gardarsson be at the club by the end of next month?

View attachment 381374

June
34 year old central defender & captain Grimur Bjorn Atlason announces he will retire at the end of the season.
Interest for Patrick Knudsen seems to have died down fortunately.
However Viktor Mar Gardarsson is probably one of the most wanted players around right now.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 381373
We get the comfortable win we wanted over our First Division Opponents.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381372
A comfortable 3-0 win over Keflavik. Grimur Bjorn Atlason who is due to retire in October scored 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381371
We get the comfortable win we wanted against Breidablik.

Fram 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381370
A slightly disappointing performance & result as we only end up with a draw. Fram are a good side now, but I had still expected to come away with a win.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381369
An easy victory against a side fighting against relegation. Viktor Mar Gardarsson who I can't guarantee will be with the club much longer scored a world class long ranged free-kick.

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 381368
We are 7 points clear at the top of the league after 9 games played. We look like running away with it again.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 381367
Grimur Bjorn Atlason' was our best player this month. The 34 year old central defender showed that despite his age he still has the quality.

Viktor Mar Gardarsson Watch

View attachment 381366 View attachment 381365
We had 2 very good offers for him & I was very tempted to sell. PSG offered 31mil straight cash & Monaco offered 34mil straight cash. I decided to reject the bids, but if higher bids to come in, then maybe i'll feel the offer is too good and accept. Watch this space!!

Do the French giants come back with improved offers for Viktor Mar Gardarsson?

View attachment 381315

July
The 'Viktor Mar Gardarsson' saga is over as he joins French giants Paris Saint-Germain for a massive fee.
A shock loss sends us out of the Icelandic Cup in the 4th which infuriates me.
We do record a few very nice victories. (Basically we annihilated some of our opponents)

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381314
A good performance here as we batter Stjarnan, who have not had the greatest of years under their new manager.

Haukar 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381313
Poor Haukar.. They are probably wondering what hit them after getting completely destroyed in this fixture. It was in interesting afternoon however as 5 of our goals were scored by defenders.

Vikingur O' 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 381312
'Vikingur O' didn't fare much better against us as they were battered 6-0. Tor Skippervik manages to score a hat-trick in the process.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Breidablik (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
Breidablik win 8-7 on penalty's.
View attachment 381310
Oh dear, oh dear. How on earth did we not win this. We dominated the whole game yet could not put away any of our chances. I'm furious to have been kicked out by Breidablik who are not exactly one of the stronger Icelandic sides.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Olimpija (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 381307
A good performance & result here as we take full control of the tie against our Slovenian opponents. We played well and didn't even let our opponents register a shot on goal.

View attachment 381306
We are 6 points clear at the top, with a game in hand. The league table hasn't turned out as I had expected so far this season, with Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar & Breidablik surprising everyone in 2nd & 3rd place.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 381305
Left back 'Colin Posa' was our best player this month. He's played very well in defense and also at the other end of the pitch scoring 3 goals.

Viktor Mar Gardarsson Watch

View attachment 381302 View attachment 381304 View attachment 381303
The ongoing saga is finally over, as Viktor Mar Gardarsson makes his big money move to 'Paris Saint Germain' for a fee of ?37mil. I felt that the offer was just too good to refuse as PSG were offering all of the money was upfront.

How do we fare now that our best midfielder has left the club?
Do we bring in any players? Does anyone leave?
Do we have a good youth intake? Good youth intakes have been very rare for me so far as you have probably noticed.

Just discovered your story this afternoon and I read it all straight !! :D
For the record, I just came back yesterday from a road trip of 2 weeks in Iceland (1st time there), so I was enthusiastic to read this story.

It's incredible how you managed to develop your club ; your last selling (Viktor Mar Gardarsson) should really help you to reach your dream (champions league winning).

You were really unlucky with your youngsters, but I think it's linked to number of inhabitants in Iceland.

Can I ask you why you don't (can't?) buy more players from South-America or Africa ?
Does 1 foreigner ever became Islandic ? :)

Hope to read your soon, and that another islandic club succeed to play a stage game in CL or EL...!

I visited the stadium of FH Hafnarfj?r?ur, and it's really small !! :D (As parisian, i'm a PSG fan and our stadium looks 10 times bigger..!!).

Just discovered your story this afternoon and I read it all straight !! :D
For the record, I just came back yesterday from a road trip of 2 weeks in Iceland (1st time there), so I was enthusiastic to read this story.

It's incredible how you managed to develop your club ; your last selling (Viktor Mar Gardarsson) should really help you to reach your dream (champions league winning).

You were really unlucky with your youngsters, but I think it's linked to number of inhabitants in Iceland.

Can I ask you why you don't (can't?) buy more players from South-America or Africa ?
Does 1 foreigner ever became Islandic ? :)

Hope to read your soon, and that another islandic club succeed to play a stage game in CL or EL...!

I visited the stadium of FH Hafnarfj?r?ur, and it's really small !! :D (As parisian, i'm a PSG fan and our stadium looks 10 times bigger..!!).

Thanks mate :).

How was Iceland? I've always wanted to visit. It looks like such a beautiful country & i'd love to go in the blue lagoon.

I'm still not 100% sure selling Viktor Mar Gardarsson was the best thing to do for the short team, but in the long term it was probably a good decision. Hopefully the board will use some of the money to clear the remaining club debt.

It really is a shame my youth intakes are usually awful. I've had about 5 youth intakes i'd say I was happy with so far so yeah it disappointing. I didn't realize it was liked to the inhabitants though. That's bad news lol, now i'm just going to expect to see continuously poor youth intakes :(.

There's a rule on foreigners unfortunately. Were only allowed to have a maximum of 3 Non-Europeans in our match day squad which is a bit annoying, but it makes this save even more challenging. It takes 7 years for a foreigner to become an Icelandic national.

I could imagine the stadium was quite small lol. Did you get to see any of FH Hafnarfjardar games?

View attachment 380966

August
A good month.
We seem to be getting on fine without Viktor Mar Gardarsson.
Our youth intake was poor as expected.
We smash our transfer record on a defender.
FINALLY!!! Another Icelandic side (Fram) made the group stages of the Europa League. It's about time.

August Fixtures

Olimpija 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round)
We win 10-1 on aggregate
View attachment 380965
We easily got pass our Slovenian opponents. All the work was done in the first leg, but we still put on a performance. Right back Patrick Knudsen & striker Tor Skippervik both scored hat-tricks.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380964
We wipe the floor with Valur. Victory was even sweeter after the Valur manager thought it was a good idea to criticize me in his pre-match interview. Striker Olli Nygard scored a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 9-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380963
Beautiful. A beautiful performance. A beautiful scoreline. After we smash 'HK' 9-0 we break the record for the biggest Premier League win. The previous was 8-0 which we also set a few years back. Gudmundur Kolbeinsson scored 4 goals, and Ari Anttlia also managed to score a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Leiga Warsaw (Champions League Playoff Round / 1st Leg)
View attachment 380962
A comfortable 2-0 win against the Polish champions puts us in a very good position for the away leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380961
A comfortable 4-0 win over one of our rivals came at a high price. A very high price indeed. Marvin Nunez broke his collarbone and is out for 2 months & Ari Anttlia tore his hamstring and will be out for around 3 months.

Leiga Warsaw 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / 2nd Leg)
We win 6-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 380960
A good performance as we easily get past the Polish giants. It was a great day for 17 year old attacking midfielder Freyr Thordarsson who scored 2 goals on his debut. He came through my youth intake last year.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380959
We get the win we wanted. Despite only winning 2-1 we were in complete control for the majority of the game.

View attachment 380958
We are 9 points clear at the top of the league, with 2 games in hand over most of other teams. The league is basically ours with a month to spare.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 380957
Right-Back Patrick Knudsen was our best player this month. He's the star player in the squad and he's definitely played like the star he is this month.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 380956 View attachment 587385 View attachment 380966 View attachment 380955
A.C. Milan...................Arsenal...................Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur..........Bate Borisov

A tough group. AC Milan & Arsenal are a lot better than us, so it's probable going to be those 2 taking 1st & 2nd. Were a lot better than 'Bate Borisov', so I expect we will come 3rd and 'Bate Borisov' will come last.

Fram In The Europa League Group Stages

View attachment 380954
Well done to Fram who made the group stages of the Europa League. They overcame Russian giants Zenit to make the group stage. Finally after all this time another Icelandic team to make the group stage of a continental competition. Looks like i'm finally getting some help to boost our countries coefficients. Fram will be competing with Dutch giants Vitesse, Portuguese Giants Braga & Ukrainian Giants Metalist.

Youth Intake

View attachment 380953
That was the best player to come through. It's pathetic.

New Signing

View attachment 380952 View attachment 380951
We smash our transfer record to bring in 16 year old Jacob Friis-Hansen. The Danish youngster cost a fee of ?800k from Danish champions 'FC Kobenhavn'. He looks like becoming a star player in the future.

How many points do we win the league by?

Thanks mate :).

How was Iceland? I've always wanted to visit. It looks like such a beautiful country & i'd love to go in the blue lagoon.

I'm still not 100% sure selling Viktor Mar Gardarsson was the best thing to do for the short team, but in the long term it was probably a good decision. Hopefully the board will use some of the money to clear the remaining club debt.

It really is a shame my youth intakes are usually awful. I've had about 5 youth intakes i'd say I was happy with so far so yeah it disappointing. I didn't realize it was liked to the inhabitants though. That's bad news lol, now i'm just going to expect to see continuously poor youth intakes :(.

There's a rule on foreigners unfortunately. Were only allowed to have a maximum of 3 Non-Europeans in our match day squad which is a bit annoying, but it makes this save even more challenging. It takes 7 years for a foreigner to become an Icelandic national.

I could imagine the stadium was quite small lol. Did you get to see any of FH Hafnarfjardar games?

The country is beautiful and very wild but I really don't want to live there : really too small (reykjavyk is BY FAR (2/3) the biggest city with 200 000 inhabitants..!). I prefered the Natural bath of Myvatn than Blue Lagoon (bigger but much more touristic). I didn't see a game because I only had 12 days to do a big tour of Iceland, but I saw a lot of other thing like whales, bunch of stunning fjords, volcanos, icebergs (etc..) and I ate whale too !! :D Go over there, you want be disappointed, really (don't stay only on the main road and you will be really alone at wonderfull but less-known spot).

I'm not sure for the link "number of the country's inhabitants <--> talent of youth" because China/India should be the best at this little game.. Maybe it's also linked to the country's ranking..

Glad to see that Fram (finally) did it, money calls money.

The country is beautiful and very wild but I really don't want to live there : really too small (reykjavyk is BY FAR (2/3) the biggest city with 200 000 inhabitants..!). I prefered the Natural bath of Myvatn than Blue Lagoon (bigger but much more touristic). I didn't see a game because I only had 12 days to do a big tour of Iceland, but I saw a lot of other thing like whales, bunch of stunning fjords, volcanos, icebergs (etc..) and I ate whale too !! :D Go over there, you want be disappointed, really (don't stay only on the main road and you will be really alone at wonderfull but less-known spot).

I'm not sure for the link "number of the country's inhabitants <--> talent of youth" because China/India should be the best at this little game.. Maybe it's also linked to the country's ranking..

Glad to see that Fram (finally) did it, money calls money.

Sounds like it was a really brilliant holiday. Hopefully I get the chance to visit, if I do i'll make sure to go in the Myvatn as well as the blue lagoon. The scenery all over the island must have been amazing.

I'll just have to hope for some quality youth's to come through, otherwise just continue to buy from abroad. Hopefully Fram can keep it up and become European regulars. I need them to help improve our coefficients as I can't do it all myself.

View attachment 380670

September
We win the league by 16 points in the end.
We do however suffer a shock loss in the league.

September Fixtures

Fjolnir 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380666
We got the win we came for, but I do expect to be beating teams like Fjolnir by more than just a single goal. To be fair I did mainly play backup players.

Keflavik 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380665
I again put out a very weak side as I face AC Milan in 2 days time. This time though we played poorly and fell to a shock defeat which disappointed me. On the plus side we were still confirmed league champions after this loss.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 AC Milan (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380656
We didn't play badly. AC Milan were just to strong for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380649
A very good performance here. Tor Skippervik manages to score a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380647
A good performance here. Tor Skippervik scores another 2 goals.

Breidablik 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380639
Another good performance & comfortable victory.

Stjarnan 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 380638
We end the Premier League campaign with a good 3-0 victory against Stjarnan.

View attachment 380637
We win the league by 16 points. No one put in any sort of challenge at any point. Both Stjarnan & Valur endured poor season's finishing 6th & 7th respectively.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 380635
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month. The striker scored 6 goals this month.

A review of this season.

View attachment 380538

Season Review
Nothing out of the ordinary this year.
We win the treble which isn't bad but I had expected the quadruple.

Stats

View attachment 380537
We had 2 players in the top 4 goal scorers list. Tor Skippervik came in 3rd place scoring 14 league goals & Olli Nygard came in 4th scoring 13 league goals.
Tor Skippervik had an average rating of 8.48 in the league over the season which is a new Icelandic record.
Tor Skippervik was top of the assist list creating 12 goals.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 380536
We came 3rd in the fair play award, behind Fram & Valur who were 1st and 2nd respectively.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 380535
We had 3 players in the team of the year this season. Keeper Espen Falsh-Olsen, central defender Grimur Bjorn Atlason & striker Tor Skippervik.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 380534
I was runner up for the manager of the year award behind the manager of Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 380533 View attachment 380532
Tor Skippervik was our player of the year, and also the Icelandic player of the year. The striker scored 28 goals & had 25 assists in 34 games in all competitions.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 380531 View attachment 380530
Right back, Patrick Knudsen had an amazing season as usual. He was our young player of the year & the winner of the Icelandic young player of the year award.

Icelandic Trophy Winners
Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Valur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now 21 Years With KR)

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Year[/TD]
[TD]Upper League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Champions Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Premier League[/TD]
[TD]Europa League[/TD]
[TD]Champions League[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Semi- Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]2nd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Runners Up[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round [/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2026[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2027[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2028[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2029[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2030[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2031[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Semi-Finals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2032[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2033[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Still Involved[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

A review of the Champions League group stage.

View attachment 380342

Champions League Journey
We lost 1-0 at home to AC Milan in our first group game. (Shown in the September update)
Here's how the rest of the group games went.
We say goodbye to Grimur Bjorn Atlason who is retiring at the end of October.

BATE Borisov 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380341
We didn't play very well tonight, and the game was a pretty dull one. Olli Nygard scored the winner just after half-time.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Arsenal (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380340
A great performance. We beat English giants 2-0 and fully deserved the 2-0 victory. This unfortunately was the last game for legendary defender Grimur Bjorn Atlason who is retiring. Beating Arsenal is a great way to sign off an amazing career with us.

Arsenal 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380339
This time Arsenal get the win. We didn't perform badly. The gunners were just the better side on the night.

AC Milan 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380338
The Italian giants got a deserved win over us. Again we didn't play badly. Milan were just too strong for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 BATE Borisov (Champions League Group D)
View attachment 380337
A good performance & a very comfortable 3-0 win. Forward Jorgen Bertilsson managed to score a double.

Champions League Group D Table

View attachment 380336
We finish 2nd in what was a difficult group. I think we done well to get 2nd place considering we were up against AC Milan & Arsenal.

Fram In The Europa League Group

View attachment 380335
Fram finished bottom of their group, but the didn't look out of place at all. They managed to beat Ukrainian side Metalist 3-0 in their opening game, and they weren't hammered in any of their fixtures.

A post dedicated to the legendary defender Grimur Bjorn Atlason who has just retired.

Good work in the Champions League mate!

Thanks mate :). That group was hard work.

Now that I've got a lot move money, I hope I can push on in the next few seasons, bring in a few real quality players and really challenge for the champions league.

View attachment 380266

Grimur Bjorn Atlason ( A KR King)
So this post is just a tribute to 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' who's been instrumental in our rise from obscurity to being a Champions League regular side.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 16)

View attachment 380265
Grimur came through my youth intake during my 3rd season at the club (year 2015). We were still only a semi-professional side at the time. It was clear the youngster was very talented & had a lot of potential.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 20)

View attachment 380263
Grimur had established himself as a key player for us and one of the first names on the team sheet. He was also just starting to get game time with the Icelandic national side.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 23)

View attachment 380260
Grimur was now a regular in the Icelandic national side set-up, and was performing very well for both club & country.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 27)

View attachment 380262
Aged 27 and now in his prime. Grimur was now one of the first names on the team sheet for the Icelandic national team, as well as well as for us. Grimur was now captain for us, and he was a great leader.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 30)

View attachment 380259
Grimur had suffered a few injuries in recent seasons, most not notably a broken ankle which kept him sidelined for 5 months. While his stats declined somewhat, his performances remained at a very high level. He was still a key player for the Icelandic national side, as well as for us.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason (Aged 34)

View attachment 380249
Grimur aged 34, and in his final season. He wanted to retire while still able to perform at a good level. It's a shame he didn't have any plans to stay in football after his retirement, otherwise I would have made him a coach.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason's Achievements

View attachment 380248
Here is an overview of what Grimur achieved with the club.
In his time here he won a total of 49 domestic trophies as we became totally dominant in Iceland.
He made a total of 252 league appearances scoring 49 league goals for us.
His proudest moment was leading us to the Champions League semi-finals in April 2032.

Grimur Bjorn Atlason - A True Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur Legend!!!

A preview of the upcoming season.

Excellent mate, managing to come through an incredibly tough CL group. Also love the tribute to Atlason, this story just seems to get better and better!

Also, who replaced Gardarsson? If anyone could.

Excellent mate, managing to come through an incredibly tough CL group. Also love the tribute to Atlason, this story just seems to get better and better!

Also, who replaced Gardarsson? If anyone could.

Who will replace Gardarsson? Good question. I'll answer that in future updates :). I do have a lot of money to spend now so there could be a few big signings in the future ;).

It should have been a special feeling to see your own regen retire after a great career..!!

Btw, hadn't u a regen with your family name at the club ? I thought after 10 years..

It should have been a special feeling to see your own regen retire after a great career..!!

Btw, hadn't u a regen with your family name at the club ? I thought after 10 years..
that is only in classic in normal fm it is just really rare.

It was a special feeling. That's a first for me in FM. Before this I've never played a save long enough to have one of my regens retire. It's just a shame I couldn't get him to become a coach.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a son or family member come through the academy. After 10 years it can happen but from what I've heard it's very rare for it to happen. Something like 1 in 100 or something like that.

View attachment 379721

Pre-Season
A pretty short pre-season.
I haven't made much movement in the transfer market just yet.

Pre-Season Fixtures

KRC Genk 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Standard Liege 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Club Brugge 1-8 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

RSC Anderlecht 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Leiknir R 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

We went on a tour of Belgium for our pre-season tour, before coming back to Iceland to play 2 more pre-season fixtures. A bit disappointing we lost at Anderlecht, but it wasn't a bad pre-season at all.

New Tactic

View attachment 364107
This is a new tactic I've been using on occasions over the past couple of seasons. Usually it is used when I'm a bit short on strikers. It's seems to be fairly effective though which obviously is good.

​Players In

View attachment 379720
Our only signing so far is 18 year old left-back Christian Olausson who joins from Swedish side Elfsborg for a fee of ?375K.

Transfer Center

View attachment 379719
Veteran defensive midfielder 'Atli Dagur Snorrason' joins Dutch side 'Go Ahead Eagles' on a free transfer.
We also let 2 young players join Fram for very small fees. They were never going to be good enough for us, but hopefully they will help Fram become European regulars.
We are nowhere near done in the transfer market, and I expect to see a few more players come in next month, breaking our transfer record in the process.

Who else do we sign in this transfer window?
We play AS Monaco in the Champions League 1st knockout round. Can we pull off a big upset?
Do we get off to our usual good start in the Upper League Cup?

Last edited:
Back