We want you!!! Are you up for the challenge!?! Fm 2013 Network revolution

how would you like to commence your management venture

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robmkdon

Reaction score
View attachment 280033
I will begin by introducing myself, my name is Robert Lewis A.K.A Robmkdon. I am 23 years old and I am located in a little town in Bedfordshire. I am a massive football fan and I support MK dons! During the succesfull Football management sim era I have been playing since championship manager 98 and one of my fondest memories is discovering a young kim kallstrom and realising every time i purchased him for pittence his value would immediately sky rocket on arrival :) I first delved into network gaming way back in i believe fm 2008 or 2009 and really caught the bug from fm2012 onwards so here I am now presenting to you the challenge of embarking on a long succesful era in fm 2013 network gaming with me and hopefully a handful of other like minded, similar experienced gamers!!!
I will go on to lay out the foundations, the values i believe in and the general rules i adhere to and expect from you, so if you are on my wavelength after reading then feel free to stake your claim :)

Rules

1. you must be dedicated and commited
  2. wealth of experience in the game a must to ensure game runs smoothly
  3. hard to monitor but really i would expect you to always use your own created tactic and not one that is the product of someone elses own hard work
  4. no poaching other gamers staff (just keeps morale higher)
  5. stable high speed internet connection a must
  6. the times the game will run from will be specified in advance so if you feel you cant regularly make the session then this particular net game is not for you
  7. maintain concentration throughought gaming sessions as slowing down the flow of the game regularly through lack of focus irritates the group and ends up with poor morale and destroys game
  8. on a lightr note lets have some friendly banter
  9. be pleasent to other users
  10. most importantly no ********
Game details
English, French, German, Italian, Scottish and Spanish leagues loaded and that leavs my computer running at 4 star speed performance no problem with large database!
I am hoping i will find a group of people that will either want to start as sunday footballer unemployed or a lower league team, predicted lower 10 prem predicted finish position or a top european qualified club .... taking the poll which will end thursday by which time i will then state the result and the path we will take as i would like all users on similar par battling it out! take the poll ;)

Game opening press conference meet and greet: Friday 2nd November 6pm
Game start date: Sunday 4th November
game scheduled times: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6pm till 8pm - 9pm till late
friday press conference at 6pm to discuss weekend schedule as peoples lives vary so times will always be agreed on a Friday

Closing statement
by commencing the game sunday that should allow players some previous time to get comfortable with the full released game. Btw geezers i am a lad, it may not seem it from my thread but im laid back, love a wee bit of banter and am a pretty nice guy :)

so if you feel this network game is for you answer the poll, drop a comment with your name, steam name, age, location in the U.K, football club supported and a wee bit about your previous football manager related experience network and single player. Look forward to hearing from some propper geezers and getting a good group together for a long commited, dedicated fm 2013 network experience :)

eewwww french league? really?

i'm up for it.

[email protected] is my steamid. played championship manager and football manager for past 2 years extensively, although single player. im online all the time.3
would you rather wait for retail to come out in a week with bugs ironed out though?

Last edited:
thats a great point you have made there rapyer, we will still hold a team meeting on the friday of full release at 6pm and i will keep an eye out for miles announcements regarding bugs being fixed and that will determine the start date. Likewise i am online regularly. are you commited to start ny other network game at this point as i will only be focused on this one and would recommend that anyone involved minimised commitments to other games? thank you for replying i will add you on steam and keep you posted with updates. p.s i load the french league more for future purposes increasing the depth of available players regenerated etc i tend not to commit to playing in the french league but like to have the major 5 european leagues and the 2 major british regional leagues aswell as the english league going right through to blue square n/s keeps it intresting seeing whos progressing through the leagues imo :)

yep, can start now, lol

just finished watching all champions league matches that i wanted to watch from last night :)

eredivisie would be a higher quality imho than the french league. or you can have both!~

Im getting the game, this will be my first time online though as no-one uses the oyhers i havrle

Anyway, I'd like to give this a.go, I live in Australia though, is that a problem?

Hi! I`m from Russia, it`s problem?)) Time is good for me. I would like play in Rissian or Ukraine champ, but if only top-5 - I in game.
I have big experience network game.
My Steam: bsanchezb
My Skype: bsanchezb1

wynters i would like to have you on board however with the time zone problem it seems problematic sorry lad. sanchez ive just checked the time zone difference related to bst and i believe russia are 4 hours ahead of the uk, the trouble being weeknights usually go on untill a minimum of 11pm british time possibly later depending on other managers and at weekends ive had previous games regularly go on untill 3 am which in relation to you would mean you would be online right through till 7am? i would like to hear your p.o.v as you seem like a good chap and being british it is amazing to think the network game could reach out and be talked about in russia and australia. p.s great addition that you have skype myself i was thinking about getting it :)

game scheduled times: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6pm till 8pm - 9pm till late
I can play to this time :) Russian time: 9pm till 12pm. I not sleep in this time yet:D

I am definitely interested in joining this. Have been playing FM and CM since the mid 90's and love creating my own tactics based on which team I take the helm of.

I'm a massive Tottenham fan and go to most home matches and a few away games each season.

The only problem I could have is I work night shift (10pm-6am) so I just wanted to clarify the times you play from... 6pm til 8pm.. an hours break and then back on at 9pm til late? If that is the case, then I am gutted, lol.

Steam ID: glenelg1987

Defo Interested.

Played Championship Manager from 01 thru 04 then been playing FM05 onwards.
Not played much network games but once or twice.
100 % use my own tactics, formation etc. not a fan of copying other players ideas like to try everything myself!
One of my fondest moments was either in 05 or 07 and getting Jo from CSKA who used to play for Man City, he was a wonderkid and was absolutely amazing! It makes you follow things in real life lol! Gutted it didnt work out for him :(

Big Man Utd fan (Dont hate!)

Steam ID: DannyB10u

Prefer to start in lower leagues / lower 10 prem teams for this type of game m8 but not bothered if something else is preferred.
I'm also pretty laid back :)

I suggest starting for clubs with reputation less 7000. Everyone will be on equal

well this is 2nd thread starter that didnt follow up on his own game

I am keen.
I have been playing football manager since the single discs back in the early 90s and my two favourite acivments are champions league victory with Northwich Victoria in the 97-98 game and the same feat with Reims in France in the 01-02 game, in 2011 I did it with Parma but due to work etc my playing became a little less commited.
However I recently had a traffic accident and am unable to anything for at least 6 months so I thought it would be a great time to get in some serious football manager especilly since I have been told I will never play real football again (was semi pro)
My steam ID is davidjamesfletcher

Dunno if my lat post worked but I am in.
steam id davidjamesfletcher
Liverpool fan, and personal preference would be start lower league or sunday league player.
I look forward to hearing more

hi guys sorry for the late reponse been away for a few days i am really glad we seem to have got some more inrest from a posotive group of lads, the game will definitely be going ahead i will continue to keep you updated and will now proceed with adding you guys on steam, i assume you are all still intrested? hit me back when you can guys

well this is 2nd thread starter that didnt follow up on his own game
i never back out of a game my thread and im pretty sure you have found a very commited fm and network player, have some trust dude!

Defo Interested.

Played Championship Manager from 01 thru 04 then been playing FM05 onwards.
Not played much network games but once or twice.
100 % use my own tactics, formation etc. not a fan of copying other players ideas like to try everything myself!
One of my fondest moments was either in 05 or 07 and getting Jo from CSKA who used to play for Man City, he was a wonderkid and was absolutely amazing! It makes you follow things in real life lol! Gutted it didnt work out for him :(

Big Man Utd fan (Dont hate!)

Steam ID: DannyB10u

Prefer to start in lower leagues / lower 10 prem teams for this type of game m8 but not bothered if something else is preferred.
I'm also pretty laid back :)
no hating hear pal, if im honest i back united and tottenham in the prem, the lady of the house is a yid and a handful of me pals are united boys, supporting a team outside the prem its nice havin some prem intrest :)

I am keen.
I have been playing football manager since the single discs back in the early 90s and my two favourite acivments are champions league victory with Northwich Victoria in the 97-98 game and the same feat with Reims in France in the 01-02 game, in 2011 I did it with Parma but due to work etc my playing became a little less commited.
However I recently had a traffic accident and am unable to anything for at least 6 months so I thought it would be a great time to get in some serious football manager especilly since I have been told I will never play real football again (was semi pro)
My steam ID is davidjamesfletcher
sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident, having to hang up your boots through no fault of your own is devistating, it`ll be good to have you on board buddy

I am definitely interested in joining this. Have been playing FM and CM since the mid 90's and love creating my own tactics based on which team I take the helm of.

I'm a massive Tottenham fan and go to most home matches and a few away games each season.

The only problem I could have is I work night shift (10pm-6am) so I just wanted to clarify the times you play from... 6pm til 8pm.. an hours break and then back on at 9pm til late? If that is the case, then I am gutted, lol.

Steam ID: glenelg1987
lads gotta make some money, shame your hours conflict with game time, and althogh you seem like a top chap i was hoping to have lads on board that could commit regularly to each session, again sorry mate no disrespect

afternoon guys, we seem to have a group of 4 of us set in stone now and to be honest to keep the game fresh and following a good flow of pace i would like to keep the numbers countable on 1 or 2 hands therefore im not too concerned if we dont gather anymre firm adequate intrest before team meeting friday! the game is definitely going ahead and day one could be sunday the 4th november providing the game is in a functionial state and bugs have been adressed however should we have to wait a period of time for an update the game and group will still proceed and again i will keep all concerned informed :) so we all good for the times stated then guys midweek 6-8pm british time 9pm till a time agreed by all participants and weekends will vary, depending n player availability! if youre all sure you can commit to these times regularly then give this post a like or drop a short message, any further comments we can confirm in due time. sooooo as it stands we have Robmkdon (me), Rapyer, ooglebobdj (david), danny b10u. sanchez i was wondering if you can commit to the times as im concerned that as a result of the time difference it could hinder proceedings, sorry to be petty its just as i said i want a strong collective commited group of lads! its just if we play till a silly hour e.g 2:00am british time then its gonna be 6:00am ish your end?