Weed

Haven't we had this thread already? Either way, my views are that it should be legalised. It only leads to other drugs because the dealers that are supplying it get their clients into the aforementioned other drugs. I've had a puff now and then, and I'm of the opinion that it hasn't done me any harm.

Sorry to hear about your bro :wub:

Drugs are bad and cause addictions, death and mental health issues.

I don't think Alcohol is too bad as it doesn't really harm you in moderation and MAINLY IT IS LEGAL!!

Alcohol causes addictions, death and mental health issues when abused. In the same way, weed, when abused, will cause those things.

Weed doesn't harm you in moderation. Since when was the legality of something necessarily a measure of how damaging something is? It's illegal for a married woman to go parachuting on a monday in Florida (seriously). Does this make it more dangerous than parachuting on a tuesday? No.

Also, a small amount cannabis on your person for personal use only is permitted in this country. Just sayin.

That's it? That's what you've got that it's illegal? LOL Iwas sharing a spliff with a copper a few years back. He didn't seem to mind. The chances of suffering from Ganjapsychosis are tiny. Dying from a peanut allergy is more likely.

What the **** is wrong with the world today? Do everything people. Skip school. Get high. **** Sexy girls. **** sexy boys. Break the speed limit. Steel from big busineses. Stab your mate in the leg for the **** of it. Live your lives for **** sake!

People are too busy listning to ***** music and watchin the X Factor, Twilight and ******* Glee. I pray for nuclear war to wipe the slate clean on a nightly basis.

"Weed is bad maaan, It ruins your life and iut's ILLEGAL!!!"... However you must be aware that passing judgement on something you are too chicken **** to try for yourselves is completely ******* moronic.

I don't think there is a drug i haven't tried (except heroin but i'm sure i'll give it a go before i die) and i have a great job, Lovely family and a very healthy lifestyle. I don't smoke weed anymore or indeed anything anymore. But only because i got bored of it. The only true fun drug i really enjoyed was LSD. Until you have tried that you can never see the world as it really is. Give it a go kids.

P.S. The government know Cannabis is mostly harmless but there is no way of backtracking on the hole it has dug for itself. The powers that be would love nothing more than to legalise it and make a bomb taxing it but they can't because they have gone too far the other way.

what utter *****

Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
Problems with memory and learning
Loss of coordination
Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure

Some effects of Weed, why would anyone seriously pay for that? And there is more.

Dunc is naturally high

High on life, I would agree. :) I am just generally in a good mood all the time.

I have done Weed a few times, smoked it, baked it and stuffed it up my ****, well, maybe not the last one, either way, I don't really have a problem with it, each to their own, but personally I don't personally like it. :) Can't say I have any issues with people using it themselves unless they go balls deep and end up ******* themselves up, plenty of my friends smoke it in moderation and they are all pretty normal... well.. slightly normal :)

That's it? That's what you've got that it's illegal? LOL Iwas sharing a spliff with a copper a few years back. He didn't seem to mind. The chances of suffering from Ganjapsychosis are tiny. Dying from a peanut allergy is more likely.

"Weed is bad maaan, It ruins your life and iut's ILLEGAL!!!"... However you must be aware that passing judgement on something you are too chicken **** to try for yourselves is completely ******* moronic.

1) He was probably a **** copper then
2) We are **** scared because it has been proven to cause addictions, mental health issues and if used waaay to much death.

I'm a bright teenager and value my life, health and future way to much to just risk it and throw it away by taking drugs.

what utter *****

Would you care to clarify or are you just being a ****? Have you ever tried any of the substances you are so affraid of?

1) He was probably a **** copper then
2) We are **** scared because it has been proven to cause addictions, mental health issues and if used waaay to much death.

I'm a bright teenager and value my life, health and future way to much to just risk it and throw it away by taking drugs.

HAAAA Ha Ha.... Please tell me of one case where somebody has died from smoking weed!!! The worse that happens is you raid the fridge at 2AM. Smoking Cannabis with Tobaco is dodgey because Tobaco causes cancer, Heart Disease etc but weed??? Don't think so honey bunch.

Last edited:
What the **** is wrong with the world today? Do everything people. Skip school. Get high. **** Sexy girls. **** sexy boys. Break the speed limit. Steel from big busineses. Stab your mate in the leg for the **** of it. Live your lives for **** sake!

I agree with the above. Although I've never done it and never will that's out of choice. I'm not a fan of it but it's harmless. It can ruin someone's night who doesn't smoke it if everyone else does as they'll be left out and everyone will eventually mong out but it smells nice and is harmless.

Live your lives guys, just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's bad. Driving with your mobile in your hand is illegal even though the chances of you dying/killing someone because of it are pretty small, same with getting psychosis from bunning.

Last edited:
I pray for nuclear war to wipe the slate clean on a nightly basis.

I don't understand how nuclear war got dragged into this. I think you went a little over the top with this one.

Anyways, As with everything, moderation is the key. I don't have any problem with anyone that does it. I have done it before, found it very relaxing, but haven't done it since. Personal choice, it isn't worth my money.

Bold is link all this from wikipedia im not this smart lol

A number of studies show that THC provides medical benefits for cancer and AIDS patients by increasing appetite and decreasing nausea. It has also been shown to assist some glaucoma patients by reducing pressure within the eye, and is used in the form of cannabis by a number of multiple sclerosis patients, who use it to alleviate neuropathic pain and spasticity. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is currently supporting further research into these uses.In August 2009 a phase IV clinical trial by the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem, Israel was started to investigate the effects of THC on post-traumatic stress disorders. THC and other cannabinoid agonists have been shown to be beneficial both in open label studies, as well as in laboratory experiments with animals to ameliorate post-traumatic stress disorders.
Preliminary research on synthetic THC has been conducted on patients with Tourette syndrome, with results suggesting that it may help in reducing nervous tics and urges by a significant degree. Research on twelve patients showed that Marinol reduced tics with no significant adverse effects. A six-week controlled study on 24 patients showed that the patients taking dronabinol had a significant reduction in tic severity without serious adverse effects. More significant reduction in tic severity was reported with longer treatment. No detrimental effects on cognitive functioning and a trend towards improvement in cognitive functioning were reported during and after treatment. Dronabinol's usefulness as a treatment for TS cannot be determined until/unless longer controlled studies on larger samples are undertaken.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Short-term effects of alcohol on the human body can take many forms. The drug alcohol, specifically ethanol, is a central nervous system depressant with a range of side effects. The amount and circumstances of consumption play a large part in determining the extent of intoxication; for example, consuming alcohol after a heavy meal causes alcohol to absorb more slowly. Hydration also plays a role, especially in determining the extent of hangovers. The concentration of alcohol in blood is usually measured in terms of the blood alcohol content.
Cell membranes are highly permeable to alcohol, so once alcohol is in the bloodstream it can diffuse into nearly every biological tissue of the body. After excessive drinking, unconsciousness can occur and extreme levels of consumption can lead to alcohol poisoning and death (a concentration in the blood stream of 0.40% will kill half of those affected)Death can also occur through asphyxiation by vomit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The long term effects of alcohol range from possible health benefits for low levels of alcohol consumption to severe detrimental effects in cases of chronic alcohol abuse. High levels of alcohol consumption are correlated with an increased risk of developing alcoholism, cardiovascular disease, malabsorption, chronic pancreatitis, alcoholic liver disease, and cancer. Damage to the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system can occur from sustained alcohol consumption. Long-term use of alcohol in excessive quantities is capable of damaging nearly every organ and system in the body.The developing adolescent brain is particularly vulnerable to the toxic effects of alcohol.

Basicly If you plan on heavy drinking frequenlty move on to cannabis after you have contracted some disease as they seem to conflict with each other

i.e. alcohol makes cancer / cannabis helps cure cancer

And then if you see my second post, I said it has medicinal benefits. You also cannot deny the links between Cannabis and mental health issues, which you conveniently missed out. Bias is funny.

Pot is in fact illegal, but in all truth, if you pass by a cop smoking a fatty, its highly unlikely that they will give you **** about it.

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with some of you? "SMOKING WEED IS BAD AND IT KILLS YOU", next response "I have never smoked weed". C'mon. And really, it's just a simple soft drug. To the guy who said "I plan on living", so do I, but I'll die eventually, so I'll live my life while I can.

Would you care to clarify or are you just being a ****? Have you ever tried any of the substances you are so affraid of?

No I'm not being a **** you ****. If people want to smoke it, i'm not going to tell them to stop doing it blah blah blah, because 1) I don't know them 2) Why would I tell someone to stop something they enjoy?
If they want to do it, thats up to them. And yes, I did try it in 1997, and no I didn't like it. But to say you wish for nuclear war, stab someone in the leg etc, grow the **** up. Totally patheic.
So no, I am not being a ****, you are being a **** for going totally OTT. Grow the **** up

lotta ******* on here, try it then tell everyone how bad it is, you'll most likely change ya minds though

HAAAA Ha Ha.... Please tell me of one case where somebody has died from smoking weed!!! The worse that happens is you raid the fridge at 2AM. Smoking Cannabis with Tobaco is dodgey because Tobaco causes cancer, Heart Disease etc but weed??? Don't think so honey bunch.

Well being under the influence certainly does.
How many people are killed due to people DUI????

it's really an uneducated view to have when people class cannabis as any other "drug" i.e heroin, crack, meth amphetemine, cocaine etc. ignorance on here astounds me, do some research seriously! maybe try find 1 person that cannabis has "killed"??? the fact that it's legal to smoke cigarettes (killer) and drink alcohol (killer) in the UK must mean the government cares about our health???? haha really?! not saying cannabis is good for you or is for everyone coz it's obviously not, but don't think anyone can look down their nose and think they are better than someone who enjoys a joint or 3 after a hard week. labelling them a druggie when it's every bit a drug as coffee, paracaetomol, nicotine. lets get this clear there is no scientific proof it causes death or mental illness. as soon as people do actual research into the topic instead of being spoon fed myths from their dinosaur parents and rag tabloids or however you make your ignorant assumption http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

People are too busy listning to ***** music and watchin the X Factor, Twilight and ******* Glee. I pray for nuclear war to wipe the slate clean on a nightly basis.

I don't think there is a drug i haven't tried (except heroin but i'm sure i'll give it a go before i die) and i have a great job, Lovely family and a very healthy lifestyle. I don't smoke weed anymore or indeed anything anymore. But only because i got bored of it. The only true fun drug i really enjoyed was LSD. Until you have tried that you can never see the world as it really is. Give it a go kids.

P.S. The government know Cannabis is mostly harmless but there is no way of backtracking on the hole it has dug for itself. The powers that be would love nothing more than to legalise it and make a bomb taxing it but they can't because they have gone too far the other way.

Death is unlikely, yes. Death is also unlikely speeding on an empty road. Doesn't stop the tragedy when someone does eventually get hit. But then, judging by the rest of your post I assume you don't care about death as a consequence.

Copper should be fired then, doesn't matter how stupid he finds a particular law, he's supposed to be there to uphold it, conflicting views aren't going to help him at all.

Well, we can tell you skipped school from, it's "steal". Good role model, telling people to stab their friends in the leg, who needs enemies, eh?

You realise nuclear war would wipe out life on the planet, not just wipe the slate clean, right?

How the **** is that an argument? You're not allowed to call something bad unless you've tried? I'm against gun crime too, I best go down the local shopping centre and have a shoot out.

Yes, I'm sure you live a very healthy lifestyle when you've tried every drug and intend on trying heroin. LSD has varying effects for different people, and I believe you're seeing the opposite of reality when you're on it.

Ahh, I didn't realise David Cameron was on the forum? How's it going with salvaging the economy? While we're talking about the economy, why is it that almost everyone on weed acts like they just got a degree in Economics from Oxford?

And yeah, similar thread already happened, GodCubed: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f23/top-doctor-wants-drugs-decriminalised-t45228.html - Me and Chaz debated for a good few pages. XD