Wenger dealt fresh Vermaelen blow

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hopes to sign a centre-back after Thomas Vermaelen suffers another setback in recovering from an Achilles tendon injury.

More...

**** sake :'(.

He must be the new Rosicky...

:')

Gets Better and Better.

Wenger won't be buying anyone and Arsenal have again lost their title chances due to poor defence. Well, hope not.

Why cant he buy 27+year old, already experianced and tested CB for god's sake?

Their defence would be better and far more better result as the outcome...

The man's getting no luck at the moment. :/

Tbh this could be a good thing as at least Arsene pretty much has to buy a new CB now, and with names such as mertsacker and Gary Cahill getting thrown around. Ovboiusly I'd prefer Vermaelen to be fit but , Im not a big fan of Kosicenly and hopefully he'll buy Cahill and it'll be Vermalean and Cahill our first team CB's.

:')

Gets Better and Better.

**** off and grow up CJ.

Don't come on an Arsenal thread just to troll, yeah?

Back on topic: ******, the one time when we have almost a clean bill of health and our best CB is out for even longer. The worst thing is that once again, it's as a result of an international and that we have no idea how to deal with it.

Gary Cahill or Christopher Samba will be at the Emirates by the end of January in my opinion.

**** sake might as well be ruled out for the season :'(

Sign Cahill Arsense :)

Gary Cahill or Christopher Samba will be at the Emirates by the end of January in my opinion.

Oh or Samba , god please Arsene , Cahill or Samba and Ill love you forever

Tbh this could be a good thing as at least Arsene pretty much has to buy a new CB now, and with names such as mertsacker and Gary Cahill getting thrown around. Ovboiusly I'd prefer Vermaelen to be fit but , Im not a big fan of Kosicenly and hopefully he'll buy Cahill and it'll be Vermalean and Cahill our first team CB's.

Far far bigger fan of Koscielny than I am Squillaci tbh. Koscielny has looked good alongside Djourou, Squillaci is meant to have experience but can't mark or head the ball and is too ****** slow. Tbh, I wouldn't mind Sol coming back - he had a good little cameo at the end of last season. Cahill is a good one too, but he'd cost £15m+ and IMO is too similar to Vermaelen to be worth it.

Oh or Samba , god please Arsene , Cahill or Samba and Ill love you forever

I'd only sign Samba to stop him playing against us. Mind you, he'd probably knock Fabianski out in training. Would love Subotic but BVB won't sell.

Maybe he'll go after Sakho? Djourou has been playing well recently in the games that I have seen though

You really think Wenger will sign defender for over 10m? haha

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Maybe he'll go after Sakho? Djourou has been playing well recently in the games that I have seen though

Sakho would cost too much and said on summer that hes not ready to leave PSG. He's currently their captain and they are 2nd on French League so no chance.

**** off and grow up CJ.

Don't come on an Arsenal thread just to troll, yeah?

Back on topic: ******, the one time when we have almost a clean bill of health and our best CB is out for even longer. The worst thing is that once again, it's as a result of an international and that we have no idea how to deal with it.

Oh get over yourself and stop being such a girl.

Were massive rivals, and in a race for Champions League and your best Centre Back is injured? Of course I'm going to be happy.

I'm sure you were devastated when Dawson got injured? No, Thought not.

Grow up.

Far far bigger fan of Koscielny than I am Squillaci tbh. Koscielny has looked good alongside Djourou, Squillaci is meant to have experience but can't mark or head the ball and is too ****** slow. Tbh, I wouldn't mind Sol coming back - he had a good little cameo at the end of last season. Cahill is a good one too, but he'd cost £15m+ and IMO is too similar to Vermaelen to be worth it.

Yeah would really like Cahill at the Emirates, Its a long shot though. Surely having two vermaelen type CB's is good! Hes quickly come in to Arsenal and established himself as one of the best CBs in the Premiership behind the likes of Vidic.

I'm not a fan of Sol, back in his hay day he was a quality CB, but he lacks the pace needed to be a first team CB in the premiership these days. Should of stayed at Notts ^^)

Wenger must see Vermaelan and Koscielny as the long term partnership so I wouldn't expect a big signing like Cahill