Wenger: I won't splash cash

Wenger annoys me, he's myopic, he moans too much. But he has done a fantastic job with Arsenal, keeping them sound in an age where everyone is only thinking of the short term, spending money they dont have

don't feed the troll

Im not trolling, i merely sharing my opinion on the topic, unless i missed the point of a forum

Its clear (in my "trolling" opinion) that arsenal are so close every season, they are missing another world class game changer (like Fabregas) he also needs to invest in better fitness trainers or players with a proven history of few injuries, arsenal have so many injuries in a season its unbelievable

Im not trolling, i merely sharing my opinion on the topic, unless i missed the point of a forum

Its clear (in my "trolling" opinion) that arsenal are so close every season, they are missing another world class game changer (like Fabregas) he also needs to invest in better fitness trainers or players with a proven history of few injuries, arsenal have so many injuries in a season its unbelievable

meh, you can have the greatest trainers in the world, but they can't stop an injury from happening. The best they can do prevention wise is catch small injuries early before they turn into something worse, and prevent cramps.

btw, what if Arsenal sell Fabregas to Barca, surely that would open up room for Arsene to buy 2-3 pretty good players

soon? I've realised how good he is for years!
Been some sections that pop up every now and again (as ridiculous as it sounds)
You always hear about little groups popping up Anti Wenger, granted its no 'Roy Hodgson' movement but you get the odd doubters for some reason.
I would love to have Wenger at my football club as, I'm sure, half of Europe would

If the offer was good enough he would sell

especially if cesc wanted out. I don't see Wenger handcuffing. It would also open up room for those "youths" he always talks about

Of corse he won't. He never has and never will, very stubborn old man.

Haha, Obviously you do nfot look at our transfers..

12.5mill - Nasri
9-10mill - Walcott
15mill- Arshavin
8-9mill - Kosceilny
10.5mill - Henry

The list is endless and ontop of all that he got Chamakh and Fabregas for free, and throughout his time at arsenal fabregas has become one of the best midfielders in the world and now has a 40-50mill price tag on him and chamakh is worth around 15mill i think he has done amazing buying players he needs with money and not players he doesen't, every player he has 'splashed the cash' on has or will play regular first team football but then you look at man city and adebayor who played half a season and is now up for sale.

HE BUYS WHO HE NEEDS AND PLAYS WHO HE BUYS, IN ARSENE WE TRUST!

Haha, Obviously you do nfot look at our transfers..

12.5mill - Nasri
9-10mill - Walcott
15mill- Arshavin
8-9mill - Kosceilny
10.5mill - Henry

Though to be fair, for 'big transfers':

12.5m - Nasri = Bargain
15m - Arshavin = Bargain
10.5m - Henry = Bargain of the game itself

Fair play for him for sticking to a budget and he must have lots of faith in his youngsters but I think he does need to spend wisely in some areas of the pitch.

How he has managed to sustain such a strong team spending so little is a testament to Wenger. More managers and clubs should follow the example.

Obviously you didn't read the article lol.

Clearly states that he won't spend because Arsenal don't have that kind of money to spend?

Of corse they have the money, im pretty sure not long ago something was said that they had 50million to spend if need be??? So don't try and make me out to look like a mug when you know exacly what i mean.

Theyre doing very well at the moment without it and with injurys to RVP etc. No need ot spend 50 mil, on current circumstances anyway. Hats off to Wenger, could pay off big time soon.

Also.....

Arsene Wenger believes a number of players in the Arsenal youth team have the potential to make it in the first team.

He also praised the players he has sent on loan, and named a few whom he reserves high hopes for.

"I know all these players well and individually in every position Arsenal has a very good player," Wenger told the club's official website.

"To tell you who will be in the first team is a bit too early, but as many as five or six have real potential."

The Frenchman pinpointed a number of young players, such as in-form youth striker Benif Afobe and on-loan Henri Lansbury, as potential stars of the future for the club.

"Afobe has
power and he has the typical game of a powerful centre forward," he stated.

Meanwhile Lansbury has made four appearances so far during his loan spell at Championship side Norwich City, and Wenger believes he will play at a much higher level.

"For me, Lansbury will be an Arsenal player," he added.

"He is doing extremely well [on loan]."

Another player on loan is Aaron Ramsey, but he has been frustrated by postponements since joining
Nottingham Forest.

"Ramsey's bad luck was that he went [on loan] and the game were cancelled," Wenger noted.

"So we don't get the games we want, but he is doing well."

Last edited:
Of corse they have the money, im pretty sure not long ago something was said that they had 50million to spend if need be??? So don't try and make me out to look like a mug when you know exacly what i mean.

I'm not trying to make you look like a 'mug', I was just reading the article and was stating what it said.

I'm not trying to make you look like a 'mug', I was just reading the article and was stating what it said.

Ok i understand and i did read the article, im just saying previous articles have stated Arsenal do have the money if needed so it seems to me that Wenger is just being his usual self again.

Some fair points, and I do agree with some of his reasoning, however; he does seem to be stuck in the past. Times have changed, they have changed dramatically even, and players cost more because clubs earn more.

As it stands, Arsenal turn a massive profit, between player purchase and re-sale, as well as merchandising and sponsorship, and I think the club and Wenger himself should be a bit more willing to spend a touch more of this income on the players who are likely to make a difference within the club.

His point about spending money making the points tally only ' 2 points ' higher is also foolish. We all know full well that around 20-30 million pound spent in the right areas could add a massive amount of points onto Arsenal's seasonal tally.

I've always respected Wenger, he's kept a top 4 club without spending big like the top 4, plays some of the most attractive football in the league too.
They've deserved to win a trophy for years, pretty much since they stopped winning trophies.

Some fair points, and I do agree with some of his reasoning, however; he does seem to be stuck in the past. Times have changed, they have changed dramatically even, and players cost more because clubs earn more.

As it stands, Arsenal turn a massive profit, between player purchase and re-sale, as well as merchandising and sponsorship, and I think the club and Wenger himself should be a bit more willing to spend a touch more of this income on the players who are likely to make a difference within the club.

His point about spending money making the points tally only ' 2 points ' higher is also foolish. We all know full well that around 20-30 million pound spent in the right areas could add a massive amount of points onto Arsenal's seasonal tally.
a top goalkeeper alone, can make 5-10 points difference, and in a league this tight, thats the difference between 3rd place and a title