Wenger: I won't splash cash

Ok i understand and i did read the article, im just saying previous articles have stated Arsenal do have the money if needed so it seems to me that Wenger is just being his usual self again.

Right, because the journalists know far more about Arsenal's financial situation than Arsene himself (Y). Obviously he can spend, as Frankie stated - we have done in the past when we needed to and Gazidis will give him money if he wants/needs it but it would seriously hamper our financial situation come 2013 (and generally) - The Emirates Stadium cost a vast amount of money and we're still paying off those debts

Do Arsenal really need to spend? The only weakness I see is between the sticks, but everywhere else for me is fine.

Do Arsenal really need to spend? The only weakness I see is between the sticks, but everywhere else for me is fine.

Could do with a class centre back aswell in my opinion but other than that I agree.

His point about spending money making the points tally only ' 2 points ' higher is also foolish. We all know full well that around 20-30 million pound spent in the right areas could add a massive amount of points onto Arsenal's seasonal tally.
To be honest, the amount of points we would gain by spending wasn't the main point. The main point is that putting ourselves into debt wouldn't be worth the points.

You cant really call the likes of Arshavin for like 12 mill a big transfer nowadays, considering the amount Madrid, City and Man Utd spend on individual players.. i mean Berbatov for 30 mill, Rooney for 30 mill.. and then you get the likes of madrid who are willing to pay 80 mill for one player.. i mean ronaldo cost more than the whole Arsenal squad, Fair play to Wenger for keeping to his principles.. the way other clubs throw money about should not be aloud.. I mean look at the debts Man U have, no business in the world would be able to run with that amount of debt.. Wenger is running the club the right way, the way every club in the world should be run!

Arsenal's weakness is glaringly obvious to any football watcher - the need a top of the range keeper. Prices for keepers are generally inflated as they are notouriously hard to replace. This shows that Wenger relies on the other Polish dude (not Fabianski), and that he doesn't think he needs a new one.

Could do with a class centre back aswell in my opinion but other than that I agree.

To be honest, Arsenal don't have the money to go for a truly world class CB, unless Wenger can unearth one. Adil Rami maybe?

If we get rid of a couple of fringe, youth players we should be able to. Im guessing they'll cost £15m max cause I don't see Wenger spending anymore than that. An old school stay back all the time, no nonsense, influential meathead is what we need.

Im undecided if we need a new keeper, with Fabianski improving, he's putting Almunia under pressure which might get the best out of both when there's competition for places. We never had this before, even if Almunia made a mistake he knew his name would be cemented on the team sheet but now its not. I also can't forget about Szczesny who's looked decent and Wenger holds him in high regard so...

To be honest, the amount of points we would gain by spending wasn't the main point. The main point is that putting ourselves into debt wouldn't be worth the points.

You wouldn't have to put yourself into further debt by spending more money though. That's the point I was making.

Haha, Obviously you do nfot look at our transfers..

12.5mill - Nasri
9-10mill - Walcott
15mill- Arshavin
8-9mill - Kosceilny
10.5mill - Henry
i think we are forgetting one person here
Sylvain Wiltord
£13mill
175apps
49goals

You wouldn't have to put yourself into further debt by spending more money though. That's the point I was making.
Fair enough, I thought you were saying that "2 points" was ridiculous. You never know 20-30 million may take us over the edge, I don't know as I have not seen the books.

If we get rid of a couple of fringe, youth players we should be able to. Im guessing they'll cost £15m max cause I don't see Wenger spending anymore than that. An old school stay back all the time, no nonsense, influential meathead is what we need.

I have a strange feeling that AW may go for Steven Taylor. Will be going cheap in Jan, English, which will help the Homegrown rule.

I have a strange feeling that AW may go for Steven Taylor. Will be going cheap in Jan, English, which will help the Homegrown rule.

Wenger... English!!! He will proberly go for Rami of Lille.

Im not sure about him, didn't/hasn't he fallen out of favour? I would have said Shawcross but yano...

Someone with lots champions league experience would be nice, essentially I would like a 'dirty' player or someone with a bit of bite.

Wenger... English!!! He will proberly go for Rami of Lille.
What's your point there?
Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Lansbury, Emmanuel-Thomas and Eastmond have all played first team football this season. And there is a considerable bunch of young guys on the fringe of getting first team football. The whole Wenger and English players thing is pathetic.

What's your point there?
Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Lansbury, Emmanuel-Thomas and Eastmond have all played first team football this season. And there is a considerable bunch of young guys on the fringe of getting first team football. The whole Wenger and English players thing is pathetic.

Its not so much with the English players coming through the acadamy. Its his exssesive love of French players. Thats why i said he will proberly sign someone like Rami insted.

Its not so much with the English players coming through the acadamy. Its his exssesive love of French players. Thats why i said he will proberly sign someone like Rami insted.

To be fair, if I was a football manager, in a different conuntry to where I came from, I would likely be the same.

Much like how I always sign English players for Italian or Spanish clubs on FM.

This is why Arsenal haven't won the league for 5 years now. And why they struggle against the Big clubs... they simply aren't good enough and no matter how much money they have, Wenger wont, stubbornly, improve his squad with ready made players, which is silly considering the money available...

Arsenal's loan debt is covenanted to a degree that means they can't go out and splash the cash without generating exceptionally large profits. Less about principle etc, more about how their debt was structured when they got funding to build their new stadium. Where the edges get blurred and what they've done well is to minimise large transfer transactions but instead divert similar amounts of money to wages to attract young talent which avoids much of those restrictions.