Wenger: I won't splash cash

This is why Arsenal haven't won the league for 5 years now. And why they struggle against the Big clubs... they simply aren't good enough and no matter how much money they have, Wenger wont, stubbornly, improve his squad with ready made players, which is silly considering the money available...

Here we go again..

Why, Truth Hurts....?
The article suggest practically there actually isn't money for Arsene to spend. Of course theoretically we could take loans and spend money on transfers etc. hence people from the board say "Arsene has money to spend".

This is kind of an established point in the thread, hence the "Here we go again".

The article suggest practically there actually isn't money for Arsene to spend. Of course theoretically we could take loans and spend money on transfers etc. hence people from the board say "Arsene has money to spend".

This is kind of an established point in the thread, hence the "Here we go again".

But how can a club then make record profits of over 50million last season? If there is no money.

But how can a club then make record profits of over 50million last season? If there is no money.
Just because there's no money in the transfer budget doesn't mean there's no money. The money you're talking about is probably being used for something more practical than buying players.

Just because there's no money in the transfer budget doesn't mean there's no money. The money you're talking about is probably being used for something more practical than buying players.

What is more Practical then improving the squad.

50million profits though includes the loan repayments.

Arsenal are repaying the stadium loan debt faster with the 'profits' which they've made from selling off the Highbury flats. It's something which was factored into their initial calculations for how much the stadium was going to cost, so isn't really 'profit' as such but a set of one-off investments being sold off as and when is possible.

Am sick of all the comments about how he needs to spend more money.. its silly, if we want to maintain high profits and make it a functional business aswell as a world class club, Wenger has too stick his youth policy,, We dont want to end up like Man u with hundreds of millions of debt, soon enough man u wont be buying in any big name signing because they simly wont be able to afford it.. i can see them having to sell some of there best players in the future :p.. CANT WAIT!

Oh, that means Arsenal won't have title next year. :)

Arsenal are repaying the stadium loan debt faster with the 'profits' which they've made from selling off the Highbury flats. It's something which was factored into their initial calculations for how much the stadium was going to cost, so isn't really 'profit' as such but a set of one-off investments being sold off as and when is possible.

still if it is one off payments, surely one year, just one, they could say, pay less then the others year, as i would guess, one of payments, are not regular like there repayments schedule, so they could improve the squad..... Just for one year!!!

We re talking about his currrent squad.. its still in every ******* competition.. and anyway hes run the club like every club should be.. not like Man utd.. we dont want to end up with the same amount of debt as u pieces of ****.. i mean the day will come when the debt catches up with u.. and u will no longer be the force u once were.. city will take over as the best club in manchester.

We re talking about his currrent squad.. its still in every ******* competition.. and anyway hes run the club like every club should be.. not like Man utd.. we dont want to end up with the same amount of debt as u pieces of ****.. i mean the day will come when the debt catches up with u.. and u will no longer be the force u once were.. city will take over as the best club in manchester.

Our debt is completely different though, it isn't for over spending or buying too many players, it is through a hostile take over being done, with the owner securing debt against the club. SO Next point please.

Is that why this season you have lost to Chelsea, United and Spurs( At home), Whilst failing to beat a wounded Liverpool....? In the very big games, arsenal squad still lacks that big big player who can take you over the line... It is clear to be seen.

Pieces of ****, who happened to be top of the league, with a game in hand. Topped our champions league group, so didn't draw the best team on the planet.

We wont be the force we are now forever, thats a gimme, no club will stay at the top for ever, but we might as well enjoy our time at the top now, as With the spending thats going on, your be left behind soon as well. Your Captain wants to go to Barca... I wonder if you actually brought a couple of big name stars, he might stay...

arsenal desperately need a strong commanding cb and a striker that gets 20+ goals a season

Am sick of all the comments about how he needs to spend more money.. its silly, if we want to maintain high profits and make it a functional business aswell as a world class club, Wenger has too stick his youth policy,, We dont want to end up like Man u with hundreds of millions of debt, soon enough man u wont be buying in any big name signing because they simly wont be able to afford it.. i can see them having to sell some of there best players in the future :p.. CANT WAIT!

The point Scott is making I think is that you don't have to go out and blow 500m in a transfer window, which is what you lot are suggesting we are saying, you should just go out and spend say 20m on a proven class Defender/Goalie as a ONE off payment to improve your squad.

If you are turning over 50 each season then you have the money to make a one off purchase to further the squad which would help you maybe win a trophy and get some of that money back.

The point Scott is making I think is that you don't have to go out and blow 500m in a transfer window, which is what you lot are suggesting we are saying, you should just go out and spend say 20m on a proven class Defender/Goalie as a ONE off payment to improve your squad.

If you are turning over 50 each season then you have the money to make a one off purchase to further the squad which would help you maybe win a trophy and get some of that money back.

And he thinks Utd are in debt for over spending, which is the most stupid thing ever, we are only in debt because of the way the club was brought...