Wenger named best manager of the decade

that's a joke fergie has been better by miles he hasn't won anything for half of that decade so how is he the best?

Mourinho
Ferguson
Ancelotti
Wenger
Benitez
Capello
Lippi
Del Bosque
Aragones
Mancini
Redknapp, the list goes on.

Del Bosque and above are the best, i think aragones, mancini and redknapp deserve honorable mentions, as does david moyes
Wenger should not have won, mourinho imo.2 trebles and a cl with porto.

Delighted for Arsene naturally, but tbh am surprised Fergie didn't win it.
Also, IMO Fergie > Mourinho as much as I hate to say it! Think the top two for the DECADE is right to be Fergie and Wenger, and Mourinho certainly isn't far off. Invincible season and remarkable consistency with cheap/young players probably swings it in favour of Wenger though. Replacing players is irrelevant, don't turn this into a "Cesc's better off with the Catalan *****" thread.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Psst.... A decade is ten years...

I know typo :p, He has still been better over 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, Either SAF or Mourinho deserved to win it for me

Wenger has had 2 EPLS, & 3 FA Cups
SAF had 5 EPLS's, 1 FA Cup, 3 League cups, 1 CL, 1 CWC
Far better than Arsene's record in the last 10 years no?

I think Joss pointed out that it was in the last 10 years. I just think Arsenal have always been a much better team to watch, hence why I think Wenger is better than Ferguson, and Wenger doesn't need to spend massive sums of money to put a possible title winning team together.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

that's a joke fergie has been better by miles he hasn't won anything for half of that decade so how is he the best?

Trophies aren't everything, I want my team to play good football above all else. Wenger, I think, has been better over the last decade, and mostly because of his unbeaten season.

Bianchi? Also I can see Guardiolla's exit, he joined two years ago? three? With best team in the world.

Bianchi win 2 Argentine leagues 3 Copa Libertadores ( is like the CL of America _) and he did win 2 Intercontinental cups, against Real Madrid and Milan.

About Pep, he did achieve some great honours, but he is quite a new manager.. but we can put him below Capello or Arsene..

Last edited:
Trophies aren't everything, I want my team to play good football above all else. Wenger, I think, has been better over the last decade, and mostly because of his unbeaten season.

You say that like United play Bad football, it is just as good as Arsenals, as we pass and move, but also Shoot from Distance. We aren't no hoof ball team, People forget about that, when they think of United.

I have to agree with this, however I would like to see the reasons behind the outcome.

i think it hould have gone to redknapp as he's worked minor miracles at some of the places he's been to including what he did with portsmouth and breaking the top 4 with spurs.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

I have to agree with this, however I would like to see the reasons behind the outcome.

i think they held a vote every year and where they came each year gave them points towards the decade score.

This was the average over the decade, not just chosen once in the decade. So perhaps Wenger was 2nd every year, while Fergie came 3th or 4th a few times, which made Wenger get a better rating. That's just hypothetical though, and you guys don't read it anyway, and will just keep on ranting on each other endlessly.

You say that like United play Bad football, it is just as good as Arsenals, as we pass and move, but also Shoot from Distance. We aren't no hoof ball team, People forget about that, when they think of United.

I didn't mean to say it that way, I think they play great football, but I think people find Arsenal more pleasing to watch, especially when on top of their game. They, on a good day, can pass and move their way into the net but I also think they've been a wee bit more consistent than United in the 2000's with their style of play.
Arsenal always stick to their gameplan (hence the 'stubborn' tag on Wenger I guess) but I've seen United resort to long ball tactics whenever it goes wrong. Not a bad thing obviously, but I do prefer Wenger;s tactics and think United have had players more suited to distance shooting over the years (Beckham, Veron, Scholes, etc).

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

you guys don't read it anyway, and will just keep on ranting on each other endlessly.

It's debating, not ranting.

That´s not true mate.. your football is awful compared than ours, talking between 2010 and now..

How does good football define a manager suddenly?

I didn't mean to say it that way, I think they play great football, but I think people find Arsenal more pleasing to watch, especially when on top of their game. They, on a good day, can pass and move their way into the net but I also think they've been a wee bit more consistent than United in the 2000's with their style of play.
Arsenal always stick to their gameplan (hence the 'stubborn' tag on Wenger I guess) but I've seen United resort to long ball tactics whenever it goes wrong. Not a bad thing obviously, but I do prefer Wenger;s tactics and think United have had players more suited to distance shooting over the years (Beckham, Veron, Scholes, etc).

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

It's debating, not ranting.

Not that big of a difference on these kinds of threads.

That´s not true mate.. your football is awful compared than ours, talking between 2010 and now..

Our Football is not **** compared to anyones... Thank you.

We play on the deck, attaking, pressing football, and when we are in full gear, our movement, power and dribbling ability is a match for anyones.... So dont make moronic statements.. That will be all.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

How does good football define a manager suddenly?

Becuase the Gooners, think that as they play great football, they automatically should win trophies, even though, there squad lacks the ability to win trophies.

EDIT: That last statement was a bit of a cheap shot, i know not all gooners think this way, just the ones who do, need to know this.

Last edited:
Our Football is not **** compared to anyones... Thank you.

We play on the deck, attaking, pressing football, and when we are in full gear, our movement, power and dribbling ability is a match for anyones.... So dont make moronic statements.. That will be all.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Becuase the Gooners, think that as they play great football, they automatically should win trophies, even though, there squad lacks the ability to win trophies.

EDIT: That last statement was a bit of a cheap shot, i know not all gooners think this way, just the ones who do, need to know this.

Your football is not good as ours.. i mean, is way way funniest or nicer to see Arsenal playing than Utd ..

Last edited:

I agree with that, but in time I think it will. The problem is their inexperience, but that was always the risk.
However, I think good football is an important factor in how good a manager is. Tony Mobwray only won the CIS Cup with Hibs, but the football they played was great and he was perceived as a great manager. Not the same, I know, but you get the idea.

2 league titles and 3 FA cups - Arise Sir Arsene

Has to be Fergie - Mourinho raised the bar with Roman millions but Fergie upped his game and saw him off

Man United won 6 out of 10 league titles in the Naughties: 00, 01, 03, 07, 08, 09...... and only Rio's ban stopped us winning a 7th in 04 regardless of Arsenal being unbeaten.

So 6 premier league titles, one champions league, three carling cups, 1 fa cup (should be two :( ) world club champsionship and some charity shields don't make you the best manager but 2 league titles and 3 fa cups (should be 2) does then the world must be crazy...

Your football is not good as ours.. i mean, is way way funniest or nicer to see Arsenal playing than Utd ..

I Never said any different, just people speak as if Utd play bad football.

I agree with that, but in time I think it will. The problem is their inexperience, but that was always the risk.
However, I think good football is an important factor in how good a manager is. Tony Mobwray only won the CIS Cup with Hibs, but the football they played was great and he was perceived as a great manager. Not the same, I know, but you get the idea.

Then he got relegated with Brom, and failed with Celtic....